[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Europeans make games with little to no difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: BetillaPoingGrappin.png (20KB, 316x144px) Image search: [Google]
BetillaPoingGrappin.png
20KB, 316x144px
Why did the Europeans make games with little to no difficulty curve? It throws everything it has at you from the very start you decide to play the game. Unless I'm only considering a few games in mind in which this occurs?
>>
>>3974250
If they made it too difficult it would be considered offensive and the feminists would try to ban pissing while standing up again.
>>
Westies just can't into game/level design.
>>
>>3974253
That's Sweden tho. Fuckin hate those people.
>>
File: a-different-time.png (36KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
a-different-time.png
36KB, 200x161px
>>3974250
Rayman is not a good example of that though; it gets challenging soon, but it just keeps escalating from there.
>>
Turrican 3 has a decent difficulty curve, though the main difficulty at the start is trying to adapt to no invincibility frames when you initially get it.
>>
>>3974250
Rayman isn't a good example tho. it starts out easy enough and then gets insanely hard towards the end. I'm sure someone's gonna tell me it's easy and to git gud, but I still haven't beaten it since I first got it like 15 years ago
>>
>>3974372
Looks like the only information about Sweden you got was from /pol/.
Try something less cancerous.
>>
Asterix & Obelix on SNES has a decent difficulty curve starting from an afternoon stroll ending up as full-on balls crushing at the end.

Lion King also had a very nice progression if you ignore exec meddling forcing stage 2 to be a pleb filter for rental purposes.
>>
>>3974250
They were just trying to copy japanese studios but didn't really understand what made them so good. They didn't understand basic things like level design, controls and difficulty pacing which the Japanese nailed down very early.
>>
>>3974686
I get all my information on Sweden from the news.
>>
>>3974250
Nigger are you serious?

Rayman gets ridiculously hard.
>>
>>3974686
>le /pol/ boogieman
>>
>>3974686
Are you Swedish or did you desperately need to accuse someone of coming from /pol/?
>>
>>3974432
It's a fucking warzone after Bandland.
>>
>it's an murican can't handle real platforming episode
>>
Rayman's devs admitted that the game wasn't actually playtested all that much:

http://raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com/blog/2011/11/03/10-ways-to-die/
>>
>>3974250
>Why did the Europeans make games with little to no difficulty curve?
we don't git gud
we are gud
>>
>>3975114
>implying the 5 year old me ever made it past Bandland.
>>
>>3975114
>that section with the bouncing gum and a fuckload of spikes everywhere

How the fuck am I supposed to go past this crazy bouncycastle shit?
>>
After we got used to playing with no jump button, everything else seemed easy.
>>
>>3974432
>>3974372
>tho
Can we ban niggers and wiggers please?
>>
>>3974253
>>3974372
Beware the gay boogeyman fagalag!
>>
>>3975795
Savage...
>>
>>3974372
You have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>3974432
Nah man shit gets intense, although assuming you were like 5 when it came out and are 20 now you should be able to beat it.

>>3975101
Yeah he's saying there's no curve, Rayman is hard immediately.

>>3975114
Bandland itself is too much at times. That first level goes for ages and is full.of death pits.

>>3975858
Oh son, just wait til you get to the final segment of Eat At Joe's. You better have a ton of lives or skill.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.