[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have to admit, the changes made for the western release were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

You have to admit, the changes made for the western release were ultimately for the better

If it was released as is then it would've been easy to a fault
>>
I never played the 3rd game because hearing about getting only 3 lives for the whole game spooked me out of it. Is the game relatively easy compared to the first 2 games? I have played those to completion.
>>
>>3972805
>only 3 lives for the whole game

Its 5 continues for the game, not lives, and I'd say its between the first and second in terms of difficulty
>>
The gameplay is great. The story is fucking retarded
>>
>>3972805
Don't be spooked! Plenty of the games difficulty choke points are smoothed by some easy to pick up 1-ups that allow you to practice the section until you are good enough to beat it. If you have even a small level of competence you will leave these areas with more lives than you entered them with.

Battletoads does something similar in a few of its stages, it really makes both games far less frustrating than their limited continues could otherwise make them. I actually had a harder time beating the last two bosses of 1 than the entirety of 3 for what its worth.
>>
>>3972805
The American version has double damage to the player and limited continues, it's over the line with the double damage

The Japanese version is extremely easy
>>
>>3973063
Why did they do this to games?
I propose a name for making the game harder for the US release, called making the game "HARD CORPS"
>>
>>3973081
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were extremely hard games and 3 being easy as fuck kinda broke momentum.I appreciate the changes.
>>
>>3973081
Something about videogame rental being forbidden in Japan but not in America.
>>
>>3973081
>Why did they do this to games?
Maybe it's like when they, despite optimizing it for PAL, made euro Sonic 2 a teensy bit slower than in the rest of the world

figured that's what they're used to and will expect, so that's how it's gonna be
>>
>>3973016
The plot itself was dumb but I liked the whole sci-fi setting
>>
Nah, the game was too hard to the point of frustration and I say that as someone who's favorite game of all time is NG1. There are some wacky physics going on in NG3 that make it weird to control, so the added damage make it more frustrating than rewarding. It looks great and has awesome music, I'll give it that, but either make you take more damage but have infinite continues, or limited continues but be more lenient on the damage, not both.
>>
>>3973103
No that was just shit porting
>>
>>3973090
I thought 2 was the easiest, and 1 was also not that bad because spin slash. 3 US almost mindbroke me though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.