[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with repairing the thumbsticks on these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Anyone have experience with repairing the thumbsticks on these guys? My roommate has 6 controllers, all with beat thumbsticks. From youtube I see that there are essentially 2 methods, one uses tape to build up the worn away plastic, the other uses epoxy to do the same. Anyone try the tape method? Was it good enough?
>>
>>3972034
Tape method is a temporary solution. I remember some place selling just the gears inside the controller but I can't remember where, I'm also will be buying one of those replacements from aliexpress and switch the gears around to see if it works.
>>
>>3972034
Don't get a 3rd party replacement, they're all awful. Either get a 1st party replacement (grease it up before use and it should last a long time), a Hori Mini Pad, or a raphnet gcn to n64 adapter.
>>
>>3972115
Don't listen to this fool. I have tried tape method, glue method, epoxy method, and replacing the stick is the way to go. Pop open the little replacement stick and lube it up. It'll be 99% as good as oem brand new. The thumbstick by design will deteriorate and need to be replaced. Do not buy the replacement sticks that have the gamecube style stick because those have sensitivity errors and will not work well for games like LOZ or Smash 64.
>>
>>3972158
>Don't listen to this fool.
are you retarded? nothing he said contradicts what you said.
>>
>>3972034
>From youtube I see that there are essentially 2 methods

There are three methods and you listed the worse two
>>
>>3972034
Should I wait for Steel Sticks or get a Hori Mini?
>>
>>3972282
he said dont get a 3rd party replacement (stick) and I say go for it because they're nearly the same as oem.
>>
>>3973349
>they're nearly the same as oem.
Oh yeah, I must have missed that part. He's right, 3rd party replacement sticks are all objectively terrible.
>>
>>3972034
I had one that went bad once. I replaced the case, buttons, stick stick, cable, etc with a few dozen new ones from Japan for a buck each. Haven't had a problem yet.
>>
>>3972158
>>3973581
Ignore the advice in these two posts, neither of these people actually play video games.

Buy an OEM controller, a hori minipad, or a raphnet adapter.
>>
>>3973585
>im a 12 year old reditor whos an expert on n64
Because being younger than the shit you're talking about is an instant win.
>>
>>3973865
Well yeah being as old as 20 year old consoles kinda feel like shit.
>>
>>3972115

>Hori minipad

Fuck smash bros for making these pads so unbelievably price gouged.
>>
File: 95814651.png (3MB, 1212x2400px) Image search: [Google]
95814651.png
3MB, 1212x2400px
>>3973581
>few dozen new ones from Japan for a buck each

care to post the link?
>>
File: 1464061227337.png (932KB, 1253x914px) Image search: [Google]
1464061227337.png
932KB, 1253x914px
>>3973890
Actually you can thank autistic SM64 speedrunners for that.
>>
>>3974419
Very few SM64 speedrunners use Horis. Almost none of them, actually. Smash is the primary market for them right now.

Also, why did you post an A button challenge picture when Pannenkoek isn't a speedrunner and ABC has nothing to do with speedrunning?
>>
>>3974447
Shit son it's just a meme. I didn't know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.