[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up a lot of stuff off of Craigslist which included

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 00606_eHFuHVk6otN_600x450.jpg (36KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00606_eHFuHVk6otN_600x450.jpg
36KB, 600x337px
I just picked up a lot of stuff off of Craigslist which included an Oddyssey 2 along with The Voice add-on, however there was no power supply included.

But there was an Intellivision II as well, having it's power supply. But if I remember correctly it's no where near what the stock supply was.

So, I plugged it in using it just long enough to check if the console works. It does.

But is this safe to play with? The back of the supply reads;

INPUT: 120V 60HZ 19W
OUTPT: 16.2VAC 955MA
>>
File: 213406.jpg (97KB, 553x596px) Image search: [Google]
213406.jpg
97KB, 553x596px
This is an Odyssey 2 power supply. I'm not sure which measurement means what exactly, but I know when looking at power requirements there are certain values that are basically "requires at least this much" and others that mean "can't handle more than this". If anyone who's savvy about this kinda stuff knows...
>>
>>3971658
It seems like they should be compatible from what I can tell from that picture, but I'm obviously not sure.

I had one previously that used an Atari 2600 style plug, but this one is more NES like. I don't know if that'd mean they could be different as well.

thanks for the input man
>>
Yeah that power supply would burn it up. It's okay to use one rated for higher amperage but not one that puts out higher voltage - although 12v should probably be okay.
>>
>>3971658
>>3971683
Well it's obviously 5v under what the oddyssey is rated to handle.

You're extremely unlikely to break anything but the console may not perform correctly if under-volted.
>>
>>3971701
Thats' what I was afraid of.

I'll just have to hunt down an NES adapter or something I suppose.

Thanks for the help, Anons.
>>
>>3971706
Well maybe I was wrong, I'm still worried as all I've read elsewhere is also conflicting.

Unless I can find some concrete evidence it'll be fine I'll just wait and order a cable online.
>>
>>3971706
I meant over of course rather than under. Sorry, long day.

For what it's worth my official megadrive power supply puts out 14v versus the console's rating of 10v and that's been rocking just fine for over 25 years. Old consoles were made of strong stuff...
>>
>>3971717
looks like you can find OEM odyssey 2 A/C adapters for under 15 bucks shipped on ebay.
>>
>>3971723
My console is a later model and won't be compatible with those, unless there's a cheap adapter for such things.

I honestly haven't had to buy that many adapters and never for power purposes, only audio/video.
>>
>>3971706
I think you need to reread what OP posted. He's plugging a 16.2vac power supply that's for the ITV2 into the Odyssey, which uses an 11v adapter.
>>
>>3971768
I corrected myself already.

You can stand down now.
>>
>>3971735
Just go to Goodwill and buy a 12v adapter that's rated 1 amp (1000ma) or higher and has the right shaped tip. I don't see a stated tip polarity on the adapter but if the one you get doesn't work, unplug it quickly, cut and strip its wires and reverse them.
>>
>>3971794
>polarity
>ac

You seriously need to shut the fuck up now Gramps before you burn out your one remaining brain cell.
>>
>>3971797
Oh how about that, Odysseys have AC power supplies like NES. I stand corrected.
>>
Now that that's been pointed out, I'm sure the Odyssey has a rectifier in it that isn't going to give a fuck about the 16vdc coming from the INTV2's power supply
>>
I'm honestly just more confused now.

But according to >>3971817 and another site there's some kind of protection built in.

I'm very tempted by this thing, I had one before but not with the Voice thing.

I'm gonna play it for a few and see how it goes, get my fill and pick up an offical/other adapter when I spot a decent price.
>>
>>3971842
It'll be fine just like I pointed out earlier.

Why people listen to tripfags over anon is beyond me. It's just a few letters in the name field...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.