[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just bought a PAL SNES today, and I was wondering if anyo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1487795377106.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487795377106.png
1MB, 1600x900px
So just bought a PAL SNES today, and I was wondering if anyone can let me know the quality of repos like these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrono-Trigger-SNES-Super-Nintendo-PAL-UK-English-/192167576114
Is it worth picking up the RPGs which didn't get a PAL release? Will I even be able to play NA games with a flashcart?
>>
Don't bother with repros. If you are going the route of unofficial releases, get a flash cart instead.
>>
>>3969741
Can I play NA releases on an EU SNES? If that is the case I could care less about repos, as long as I get to play the game on the original hardware I'm good.
>>
>>3969818
import adapters / converters exist, generally within the range of £20-40 on ebay.

not an expert on them though so would recommend you do some research before buying one.
>>
>>3969490
> Marle using fire
> Fighting Heckran in a snow field
> Fighting Heckran with Frog
>>
>>3969490
No you won't.
>>
Dont be a tool, just get an everdrive
>>
>>3969818
I have a PAL Snes with an SD2Snes flashcart and it can play all roms - PAL, NTSC and Super Famicom with auto-region patching.
>>
>>3969832
Usually the best adapters are those with two slots where you insert a cartridge of the same region and the one to convert / play.
>>
>>3969741
How much are these flashcarts these days anyway?
>>
>>3969818
Generally it involved modding the console, one physical mod (file the case a bit) so US carts would physically fit, and two mods on the electronics (one for disabling the region lockout chip, and another to enable 50/60 Hz switching). Not sure if much has changed, but if you want a PAL SNES to work with as many US titles as possible and output 60Hz, these need to be done I guess (and some games such as Mario RPG probably won't work still).
>>
alright but why did you even get a pal snes in the first place
unless huge borders and massive slowdown in games is your thing I really don't see the point
>>
>>3974708
NTSC games are too fast, the music pitch is all wrong.
>>
>>3971952
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/sd2snes-deluxe.html
>$216.99
Still expensive
>still no GSU-1/2 (aka SuperFX) support
>SA-1 not even on to-do list

>"it can play all roms"
Well, apparently not quite "all" of them.
>>
>>3974708
Tbh I always perferred F-Zero PAL to NTSC, as in 60Hz the steering is way too twitchy and it's somehow very hard to position the vehicle perfectly straight. Anyone else has such experiences? Or is it just a matter of habit/adjustment resulting from having played the PAL version for years?
>>
>>3974729
i think it varies from game to game really. i think the slowdown on the snes is unbearable. on the mega drive it's a bit better, some games on there like streets of rage 2 have been optimized a little.
>>
>>3974724
Okay so maybe not ALL roms, but almost all roms.

>SuperFX
The SFX games that are worth playing (StarFox/Wing, Yoshi's Island) are pretty cheap to buy the actual cartridges.
>SA-1
~30 mostly obscure Jap games, plus Kirby's Dream Land and Mario RPG

And it plays everything else, which is like 99% of the SNES library. Expensive? Yes. Prohibitively expensive? No. Worth the price? that's up to you to decide. For me it was worth every penny.
>>
>>3969490
Australian here, just get a SFC from Japan for ~$40 and a genuine or knock off everdrive. If you want to play the 3d/SA games most of them can be had from Japan for $10
>>
>>3969818
>Can I play NA releases on an EU SNES?
Usually. Some roms have region protection, usually Japan only games (though the Yanks can still play them on their SNES)

Anyway, flashcarts are worth it and if a game won't work on PAL then there won't be a repro of it, so no need to worry. Since you brought up Chrono Trigger, I can confirm the Burger version plays on PAL on my Everdrive SNES cart.
>>
>>3969858
>he takes issue with what has been on the cover/label for 22 years
>>
>>3971952
Hang, stupid question incoming;

If I play an NTSC ROM on an unmodded PAL SNES via flashcart, will it run at 60Hz?
>>
>>3975385
No.
Framerate is controlled by certain PPU pins being connected to either ground or +5v.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.