[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PGXP is a new powerful set of features for Playstation emula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

PGXP is a new powerful set of features for Playstation emulation that significantly reduces the texture warping found in the games. It also includes anti-jittering features that had previously been created. This allows the models to be shown error free when upscaled to high resolutions.

Note: the PGXP features found in Mednafen "beetle" in RetroArch are far out of date compared to standalone PCSXR-PGXP. It is recommended to use the original version. Also, this particular game has a NGC and PC port, thus making the PS1 version somewhat supurflouous.

Read more:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=PGXP+
http://ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
>>
Thanks uninvested individual!
>>
>>3966516
Impressive. Very nice.
How do i make it work on Linux?
>>
>>3966650

It's in PGXP fork of PCSXR and Beetle HW in RetroArch. both work in linux.
>>
>>3966663
Well' that's bad. I prefer my emulators separated and without any additional fancy GUIs over them.
>>
>>3966516
dayum
>>
>>3966678
PCSXR+PGXP can be done standalone.
>>
What's the appeal?
>>
>>3966678
Use CLI.
>>
>>3966516
I think the jittering adds to the charm of PS1 games honestly, but this is really cool.
>>
Are there any instances of PS1 games very clearly using the jitter in an artistic way?
>>
>>3966905

No, because it's completely unpredictable.
>>
>>3966905

This is a good question, actually.
>>
>>3966908

Surely LSD did a little something with it? That game did a little something with everything.
>>
>>3966516
great, now make it work without a GPU
>>
>>3967957

It inhernetly needs HW rendering.
>>
>PGXP is a new powerful set of features for Playstation emulation that significantly reduces the texture warping found in the games. It also includes anti-jittering features that had previously been created. This allows the models to be shown error free when upscaled to high resolutions.
Not true for Metal Gear Solid.
>>
Watched some videos. Accuracy over this, any day of the week.
>>
>>3968337

>"accuracy"

Yeah, it's totally accurate to play ps1 games from 1995 on LCD monitors in 1080p.
>>
>>3966516
>PGXP is a new
No it ain't.
Also it's buggy and glitchy as fuck. No one uses plugin based ps1 emulators anymore except newcomers who don't know any better.
>>
>>3968346
>1080p.
I play them in 320x240 integer scaled only.
>>
>>3968423
>it's buggy and glitchy as fuck
Very true.

>No one uses plugin based ps1 emulators
True but this has no relevance to the thread considering Retroarch's Mednafen core has PGXP built in.
>>
>>3968423
what's the best ps1 emulator then?
>>
>>3969059

Currently PGXP-PCSX-R. Even with everything he said, it's the most complete overall package for 3D enhancements.

If you just want high compatibility, Mednafen.

The middleground is "Beetle-HW", the Retroarch port of Mednafen with HW accelleration. But it's behind. It could be the best if finished.
>>
I wonder about the kind of autistic individual that keeps making those threads.
>>
>>3966516
>"beetle" in RetroArch are far out of date compared to standalone PCSXR-PGXP.
Wow, I thought it's vice versa.
>>
>supurflouous
>>
>retroarch
>mednafen
>>
>>3966908
Sounds like something one would have used in SH1 to make monsters look more horrible.
>>
>>3968346
1600x1200 or 1280x960 every day.
>>
>>3966516
that's great, now show me some tekken 3 webm's

show me some Jin gameplay that doesn't have juttering
>>
>>3969594

This is 8 months old. This has some errorrs cropping up. Current version is probably better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNWrXMFmMcI
>>
>>3969709

Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>3966516
PCSX-R implementation reduces internal performance (i.e. less fps) which is pretty stupid.
You can counter that with overclocking, but it doesn't work on half of the games and who knows if it silently breaks other half.
>>
File: 30fps.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
30fps.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>3970716

It doesn't seem to affect the Mednafen vids I've seen. The internal fps are in the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=mednafen+pgxp&sp=CAI%253D
>>
>>3970824
That's what I see too.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.