[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just set up RetroPi for my 5 year old niece to get into gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: fc30_pro.jpg (16KB, 280x233px) Image search: [Google]
fc30_pro.jpg
16KB, 280x233px
Just set up RetroPi for my 5 year old niece to get into gaming but the controllers that came with it are massive pieces of cheap shit.

Whats a good set of third party USB controllers I could use? 8Bitdo stuff seems recommended, but so does buffalo. Normally I would just use Wii Classic controller through bluetooth but I want something plug and play for a 5 year old to use.
>>
8bitdo really put me off when I looked up their website and it was in ching-chong English. It's like they're yet another sketchy Hong-Kong knockoff company.
>>
I haven't used one myself, but I've heard nothing but bad things about 8bitdo's dpads.
>>
>>3965654
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Electronics-Photo/Buffalo-BSGP801GY-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/B002B9XB0E/

This
>>
You could always just get adapters and use original controllers.
>>
>>3965667

Nothing sketchy about their product. Solid build on the NES30/FC30 and SNES30/SFC30. The tiny analog sticks are kinda worthless on the PRO models, so don't spend extra on those. Yes, it's a Chinese company, and they've only recently been selling their product outside of Asia.

>>3965654

If using the Pi3's built-in bluetooth, disable the wireless radio. It makes a difference. You may also want to disable threaded video (makes a difference on lag), though some cores will not like this. Experiment (it's a system level setting that can be set by editing systemname.cfg).

The NES30/FC30 is better for smaller hands. The SNES30 is a comfy size if you loved the Super Nintendo pad.
>>
If you have USB XBOX or PlayStation controllers, those should work. If not, keep in mind the SNES clones wont work with games requiring analog sticks.
>>
>>3965785

DS3s are my preferred controllers for this reason.
>>
>>3965654
>Just set up RetroPi
>the controllers that came with it

wat
>>
>>3965667
I've got two from them and I'm happy with them. The NES30 PRO is nice, but the Zero has been great to have for plane rides and such.
>>
>>3965654
I usually see Buffalo recommended. Best bang for the buck.
>>
>>3965654
>the controllers that came with the free software i downloaded are massive pieces of cheap shit.
You wouldn't download a controller
>>
Confirm that NES30 PRO is cool. It is about the size of a phone so it can be used for emulators on the go too
>>
>>3965654
DualShock 4 is a great solution if you already have one lying around.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.