[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think we'll ever run out of retro games from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: wahahahaha.gif (49KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
wahahahaha.gif
49KB, 128x128px
Do you guys think we'll ever run out of retro games from "our time" (meaning whatever subjective time the retro cutoff is for you) worth playing, or because times continue to change and the retro library continues to grow you think we will never have that problem?
>>
>>3964637
I think most of us will die of old age before that becomes an issue, given the ridiculous number of good retro games that exist.

Additionally, I think a blanket refusal to play literally all modern games is ridiculous.
>>
>>3964656

Especially since I actually enjoy 90% of the 6th Gen. Only thing I disdain is the XBox.
>>
>>3964637
I grew up with late 80s and early to mid 90s stuff. Later games becoming """""retro""""" doesn't affect me in the slightless because it's not about playing old games, it's about playing games that resemble the ones I'm fond of. Not even all """"retro"""".
>>
>>3964656
I don't refuse to play them, it's just most of them really aren't appealing to me. There's like three-four new releases per year that actually hold my interest, which is good since I wouldn't have time for more games.
>>
>>3964637
I don't think we'd run out of retro games from our time, but I do think we will run out of retro games for ourselves if that makes sense.

We all had a certain style, a certain interest, maybe multiple styles and interests when we were younger, and when we were very impressionable. It's why we will constantly battle over for example, ALTTP vs OoT, both fine games, but the moment someone declares one better than the other, and that other is the game that made that impression on us, we have that snap urge to defend it.

I think for most people, unless you're hardcore just INTO all things retro and that's your overall interest, eventually you will run out of games that are in the styles you enjoy. If you play 7 different retro RPGs, that's great, and they each bring unique stories and a few tweaks to the mechanics here and there, but purely from a gameplay standpoint they're going to blend together. Like anything, you become desensitized, and each game you play that becomes increasingly more abstract to what drew you to the genre in the first place, is going to bring you closer to a point where your interest wanes.

Long story short, as far as quantity is concerned, no, I don't think we'll run out, but as far as what we as individuals consider quality, yes, I do believe this is much more limited.
>>
>>3964679
yeah, that makes sense
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.