[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good video games that deal with magic in a realistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1493571723201.jpg (178KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493571723201.jpg
178KB, 900x900px
Are there any good video games that deal with magic in a realistic way?

i.e., having to gather herbs and perform rituals and stuff?
>>
Some(?) Ultima games require reagents, but I don't think they used rituals
>>
>>3963118
>magic in a realistic way
Nigger. Nothing realistic 'bout magic.
>>
>magic
>realistic

Why do I get the feeling this is Alqaeda Trannyleaf posting without a tripcode?
>>
>>3963118
DRUID
>>
Secret of Evermore's magic system is called Alchemy, and itsexclusively relies on reagents you gather.
>>
>>3963127
I hate rec. threads too anon but that is just going too far.
>>
>>3963127
>unironically giving a shit about tripfags

You must be at least 12 years old to post on 4chan
>>
File: Four Crystals Of Trazere, The_5.png (15KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Four Crystals Of Trazere, The_5.png
15KB, 320x200px
>>3963118
This is probably what you're after:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(1992_video_game)#The_spellcasting_system
Dungeony RPG where you make your own spells.
>>
>>3963118
Darklands
>>
File: latest[2].png (258KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
258KB, 800x600px
>>3963118
Unreal World https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Ritual_(Skill)
>>
>>3963753
is Unreal World the Primitive technology of gaming?
>>
>>3963753
that fucking game

I hit my head against the wall of that game for so long working out how to do shit and I managed to have my cool little cabin with trap pits around it and even a cellar to store food

first night everything was basically done a fucking elk broke in and murdered my guy
>>
Are you talking IRL magick, or fantasy magic?

King of Dragon Pass is probably your best bet for the former. For modern games Cults and Daggers looks good.
>>
>>3963126
He's referring to the way magic was believed to have worked between 1000 and 1800AD.
>>
>>3964101
>elk broke in and murdered my guy
kek
>>
>>3964115
>magick
is that the one where people believe a baby's anus is a magical portal to talk with god
>>
There's a Spectrum/Amstrad game called Feud that's about collecting ingredients to cast spells. Never played it, though.
>>
>>3963118
Dark lands is always there for it's take on alchemy and saints as believed to have been believed in the holy roman empire in the 15th century
>>
>>3963118
In Dark Law you have to collect and combine rune stones to make magic. Persona 3 for some reason has magic classes that are totally legit and reference real people that you can read IRL. Silent Hill is basically about a pagan ritual gone wrong (or gone right?) Koudelka has a really nice occult themed plot. Serial Experiments Lain is secretly about what magic actually is. Daggerfall has you doing some pretty arcane shit if you actually want to meet with daedra lords, unlike the later games.

In real life the plants and fungal components of spells are used to attain an altered state of consciousness, usually they're imbibed or the smoke is inhaled or they're rubbed on the skin, etc. The ritual component is a form of self-hypnosis, the practitioner acquires a state of intense concentration or trance-like semi-consciousness, and this attunes their minds to receive some sort of message from the noise that makes up the collect subconscious. When in this ocean of subliminal thought time and space have more of a vague meaning, since time is sort of a relative thing that only exists in the mind to begin with, cause and effect is more all-at-once than a straight line of events that happen. Through this one can transmit and receive information, you can exist in someone's mind and speak to them and be seen by them when you're not there, or experience their body as a visitor and influence their thoughts and actions, or you could channel something like the echoes of a dead person or an entity that only exists with the chaos itself through your own being. You can astral project and float around through a memory landscape and anchor yourself to some location far away and draw in the knowledge through the schema that represents that place in other's minds.

I'm not sure any videogame accurately represents this.
>>
>>3963118
Darklands has a pretty good alchemy system.

Not retro but Dominions 4/Conquest of Elysium 4 are excellent wizard sims.
>>
>>3965828
those pits covered every possible land entrance to my little woodland cuckshed and UW is(or was until that point) really good about not just spawning shit in my face and taking nearby land into account

I think it maybe walked over a full one. More than one elk sacrificed themselves to ruin my game

>>3965841
you can tell it's real because it's spelled with a k
>>
>>3965893
>you can tell it's real because it's spelled with a k
I always thought it was really convenient that the ultimate magick secret he invented involved him putting his penis in the ass of all his friends and family members.
>>
>>3963118
Ultima IV was the first game I played like that.
>>
>>3963120
Ultima Pagan did.
>>
>>3965902
I keep telling my friends I'm a warlock, but they keep being difficult
>>
File: 731.jpg (43KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
731.jpg
43KB, 486x409px
>>3964101
>a fucking elk broke in and murdered my guy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.