[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Sega's best console? In my opinion it goes Master

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: 1200px-Sega-Master-System-Set.jpg (97KB, 1200x660px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Sega-Master-System-Set.jpg
97KB, 1200x660px
What is Sega's best console? In my opinion it goes
Master System > Saturn > SC3000 > Mega Drive > Dreamcast > Game Gear
>>
32X
>>
>>3963093
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as 32x, is in fact, the Mega Drive 32x, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mega Drive plus 32x. The 32x is not a console unto itself, but rather an add on for a fully functioning Mega Drive.
>>
File: 1493095021162.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493095021162.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>3963087
>Master System and Game Gear at opposite ends
>Game Gear is literally a portable Master System
>no CDX
>no 32X

>>3963101
>different architecture
>different CPUs
>literally the only thing the Genesis handled was background pics and some sound effects
>same console
>>
>>3963087
brazilian or european poorfag detected
>>
>>3963103
>Master System and Game Gear at opposite ends
Correct. You can read.
>Game Gear is literally a portable Master System
It isn't. They share many games, however, which makes the GG obsolete.
>no CDX
Not a console unto itself.
>no 32X
Not a console unto itself.
>>3963103
>different architecture
>different CPUs
>literally the only thing the Genesis handled was background pics and some sound effects
>same console
Go run a 32x by itself, then.
>>
File: americunt accent.jpg (34KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
americunt accent.jpg
34KB, 300x284px
>>3963104
We aren't here to talk about your Any S, yank.
>>
Top Tier:
Saturn

High Tier:
Mega Drive

Mid Tier:
Dreamcast

Low Tier:
Master System/Gg

Shit Tier:
CD/32x
>>
>>3963109
What about SC3000?
>>
Top Tier:
Dreamcast

High Tier:
Mega Drive

Mid Tier:
Sega CD/32x

Low Tier:
Master System

Shit Tier:
Saturn/SC3000
>>
>>3963252
You mean Mega CD? What the fuck would a Sega CD be?
>>
>>3963113
never used one, lol
>>
Elder God Tier:
Sega arcade games

God Tier:
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast

High Tier:
SG1000
Master System

Mid Tier:
Sega CD
Game Gear

Low Tier:
32x

Shit Tier:
Pico
>>
>>3963278
Oh, and American. Your country didn't get the SC3000 and you weren't very fond of Sega outside of the MD. Odd that you'd wish to posit an opinion.
>>
File: trump.jpg (92KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
92KB, 1200x800px
>>3963283
>you weren't very fond of Sega outside of the MD.
Because the Genesis was the only system that came as close in quality to what Nintendo would create.

The rest of their hardware was trash, though.
>>
Not even trolling, what is the technical reason why Master System games ran at such a low framerate? Is the CPU underpowered?

This game runs at something like 15 fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdqSt7E2Ew
>>
>>3963308
>ending a sentence with though
Illiterate technically and literally.
>>3963312
Attempting to rewrite an arcade game onto an inferior system. Altered Beast was an early title, and early arcade ports on the system aren't great. Once the boxes start saying Master System the console really shines.
>>
the Master System only has like 200 or so games, most of them arcade ports of Sega that aren't really worth playing over better ports/the real deal.

Yeahyeah yeah there's Zillion and a couple other good games, but even Saturn has more.

Also, why did you put GG in last place if you like the SMS so much?
>>
The Mega Drive is the only one that could compete with its peers. It has the best library of Sega's consoles by far, to the point that it isn't even remotely a competition. It is objectively the best.
>>
>>3963386
There are 341 Master System games, actually. There aren't many arcade ports on it after 1990.
GG doesn't offer enough that wouldn't be better played on the MS.
>>3963390
Yet the Master System was the best selling home console of its generation in many regions. So clearly it competed and won in many places.
>>
>>3963407
>Yet the Master System was the best selling home console of its generation in many regions. So clearly it competed and won in many places.
What regions?
Also, give me source with numbers.

>brazil etc etc
You know, people always talk about Tectoy, etc... but I don't know, I have brazilian friends and they told me Famiclones were just as popular, if not more, than the Master System.
>>
>>3963407
Too bad it failed miserably in the regions that matter.
>>
>>3963413
UK, Australia, New Zealand. Why do Americans think of Brazil? The Master System was very popular in Australia, Britain, Germany, New Zealand and, to a lesser extent, France and Spain.
Look at best selling consoles by region on wikipedia
>>
>>3963415
Or as Americans would say, "madder".
>>
>>3963427
I'm not american though, and I mentioned Brazil because of Tectoy which is a known company if you know a thing or two about vidya.
I also thought home computers were more popular than consoles in countries like UK or Germany. Maybe Master System might have been a more popular console than the NES, I've read about how Nintendo fucked up the release of the NES by years and had shit support and localizations, but I'm not talking SMS vs NES, I'm talking popularity of the SMS in general.
>>
>>3963407
>GG doesn't offer enough that wouldn't be better played on the MS.
It has ten exclusives worth playing over MS:

>GG Shinobi 1&2
>Coca Cola Kid
>GG Aleste 1&2
>Tails' Adventure
>Shining Force Gaiden 1, 2, Final
>Defender of Oasis

Also, quit making fun of Americans, Brits have an even worse accent than they do. Can't even pronounce A's correctly ffs.

>Obamer
>Russier
>Seager
>>
Genesis/Mega Drive>Dreamcast>Saturn>Master System
>>
>>3964360
Switch Saturn and DC and we're set.
>>
>>3963253
It's the Burgerland version of the Mega CD.
>>
>>3963253
Are you the same guy who says "what's a genesis? something from the bible?"
If so, you're not funny, smart or witty.
>>
File: AS.gif (12KB, 319x223px) Image search: [Google]
AS.gif
12KB, 319x223px
Before PS2/GC/XBOX:
Genesis>Dreamcast>Saturn>Master System=Game Gear

After PS2/GC/XBOX:
Genesis>Saturn>Master System=Game Gear>Dreamcast
>>
>>3963103
>not recognizing a decade-old /g/ copypasta
>>
>>3964406
Yeah, this thread is about 50% Australia-kun shitposts.
>>
>>3963407
>GG doesn't offer enough that wouldn't be better played on the MS.
The better version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
>>
>>3964175
We're talking about consoles. Nintendo "fucked up" by having no brand recognition or recognisable games.
>>
>>3965030
>this is your brain on european poorcuck nostalgiafaggotry
wew
>>
>>3964257
>>GG Shinobi 1&2
Not really worth playing.
>>Coca Cola Kid
Not worth playing.
>>GG Aleste 1&2
The worst games in the series.
>>Tails' Adventure
Shit.
>>Shining Force Gaiden 1, 2, Final
JRPGs
>>Defender of Oasis
Never heard of it.
>>
>>3965049
What do you disagree on? Or are you just letting off steam?
>>
File: GNULAG.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GNULAG.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>3963101
>>
>>3965054
The "Nintendo made no good games" meme. Even you admitted Super Metroid was actually a good game. Face it, Australia-kun, the gig is up.
>>
>>3965062
When did I say that? You really are just letting off steam. Did an Australian hurt you?
>>
File: segadoes.jpg (440KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
segadoes.jpg
440KB, 1500x1000px
Dreamcast > Genesis > Saturn > Master System
>>
>>3963087
Explain your reasoning you obnoxiously hipster nerd. Because this is a fucking stupid list
>>
>>3963113
A novelty.
>>
>>3965091
So is the N64 but people love that.
>>
>>3965089
Master System has the best games.
Saturn has the second best games.
SC3000 has the third best games.
Mega Drive has the fourth best games.
Dreamcast has the fifth best games.
Game Gear has inferior ports of Master System games.
>>
>>3965140
You know the Gamegear extended the life of the Master System, right? Without it it wouldn't have got Ninja Gaiden, Master of Darkness, and a slew of other games. You should appreciate it.
>>
>>3965147
[citation needed]

Why would that make the GG better, anyway? The Mega Drive also extended the life of the Master System.
>>
>>3965152
>[citation needed]
Because MS was dead by the time MD rolled around, but then Japanese developers started caring about it again when the GG was released, because porting games from the GG back to the MS was very easy.

>Why would that make the GG better, anyway?
I didn't claim it was better, I'm just saying you shouldn't take a shit on it.

>The Mega Drive also extended the life of the Master System.
No, the MD was a replacement for MS, while the GG and MS are complementary. Sure, there were a few 8-bit demakes of MD games, but once again, those were intended for the GG first, then MS later.
>>
>>3965163
>Because MS was dead by the time MD rolled around, but then Japanese developers started caring about it again when the GG was released, because porting games from the GG back to the MS was very easy.
I asked for a citation, not posturing. You are pulling this out of your arse.
>I didn't claim it was better, I'm just saying you shouldn't take a shit on it.
But how does what you've claimed invalidate what I've said?
>No, the MD was a replacement for MS
You don't know what budget systems are. The profits from the Mega Drive, and the redesign of the Master System, allowed Sega to sell it for much less. Cheaper systems in the UK always do better, that's why the Spectrum was such a success.
>but once again, those were intended for the GG first, then MS later.
[citation needed]
Why were they released on the Master System first and within the technical limitations of the Master System? Clearly they must have planned to release them on Master System at the outset. Sega didn't just think of Japan first, you know.
>>
>>3963087
Master System is pure trash

SG-1000 isn't bad but the games are all 2 level arcade ports
>>
>>3965030
No, we're talking SMS and how it isn't all that much discussed because there aren't a lot of games to talk about other than a few like zillion or monster's trap, then outdated Sega arcade ports.
It has nothing to do with Nintendo being popular in Europe or not, it has to do with more people in Europe playing games on computers than on consoles.
>>
>>3965491
This. You have to be either extremely delusional or a shitposter to think it's superior to the NES.
>>
>>3965564
Then why did you say
>Maybe Master System might have been a more popular console than the NES, I've read about how Nintendo fucked up the release of the NES by years and had shit support and localizations
If you didn't want me to answer it?
There were plenty of great games, even in the 50 or so that were released in America.
>>
File: 1492068562346.png (183KB, 363x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492068562346.png
183KB, 363x375px
>>3965614
>le the console I grew up with is the best meme
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 315x315px
>>3965724
Objectively speaking, NES > SMS.

>more units sold worldwide
>more first-party games
>more third-party games
>smarter controller design
>more innovative accessories
>longer lifespan (unless you live in Hueland)

So no, nostalgia has nothing to do with it. The ONLY thing SMS has better is hardware specs, but that's meaningless if nobody cares about it.
>>
>>3965807
>>more units sold worldwide
How does that make it better?
>>more first-party games
>>more third-party games
>>smarter controller design
How so? MS had a hole for a stick and better buttons.
>>more innovative accessories
3D glasses and light phaser say hi.
>>longer lifespan (unless you live in Hueland)
The Master System was supported in Europe until 1995. So that's 1987 to 1995, the same as the NES in Europe.
>>
>>3965820
>How does that make it better?
More people buying thing means it gains better support, and ends up having a more diverse library that attracts a wider audience. You could argue the SMS has higher quality games, but that wouldn't be ojective.

>How so? MS had a hole for a stick and better buttons.
It's lacking two buttons, mate. And you had to get up everytime you wanted to pause the game.

>3D glasses and light phaser say hi.
Nintendo had both of those before the SMS. Also, no ROB or Power Pad.

The Master System was supported in Europe until 1995. So that's 1987 to 1995, the same as the NES in Europe.
Why are you counting the European region? Neither of them were made by Euro companies. You should be comparing them to their Japanese market if anything. Oh, I know why, because then your argument falls apart because the SMS was only supported for a couple years there. No amount of eurotrash will save the SMS' failure.
>>
>>3965842
>More people buying thing means it gains better support, and ends up having a more diverse library that attracts a wider audience. You could argue the SMS has higher quality games, but that wouldn't be ojective.
So it doesn't make it better. Okay, why say that then?
>It's lacking two buttons, mate. And you had to get up everytime you wanted to pause the game.
Why would it need four buttons?
>Nintendo had both of those before the SMS.
Nintendo just used normal, shit 3D glasses. Sega made glasses that displayed a high quality 3D image.
>Also, no ROB or Power Pad.
I count that as a good thing.
>Why are you counting the European region?
Why wouldn't I? Sega was still supporting it. Maybe phrase your statement differently to say the Nes was supported longer in Japan, rather than making this distinction after the fact.
>>
>>3963093
Like how many games total did they make for that thing?
>>
File: thumbs-up-header.jpg (42KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up-header.jpg
42KB, 620x372px
>>3965072
The only preference order that is actually sane and matters.
>>
>>3964257
>Brits have an even worse accent than they do. Can't even pronounce A's correctly ffs.

Don't forget adding the letter R to random words.
>>
>>3967913
All rhotic speakers do that.
>>
>>3967681
But Dreamcast was shit.
>>
>>3967959
Non-rhoticity is for faggots. STOP SKIPPING YOUR DAMN R'S, BRITFAGS.
>>
>>3968098
Ore you sirryus right nao? We ore Armerikan and we ore an titled too owar raight to bee rawrtic. Gad as mai weetnis I will tayke awn enee You-roh fayg whoo sez uthorewaise.
>>
>>3968116
What's that? I can't hear you over losing two world wars and needing your best son to bail you out of them.
>>
>>3968173
>When Germany was entirely contained.
False. Germany was about to win the war, you had to resort to the balfour declaration and give up your empire so we'd join.

>In WW2 America joined the western front in 1944 or so?
We had been supplying the soviets and you brits with armaments for years before then, too, while you were busy getting your homeland bombed and losing to the krauts at dunkirk.
>>
I'm an old neckbeard that had almost all of the major Sega consoles and add-ons, most of them since launch day or close to it. I even had a few Sega arcade cabinets in my home at one point.

Best console relative to the time of its original release: Dreamcast>Genesis>Saturn>Master System> Game Gear.

In terms of the features and game library it provided day one the Dreamcast is unmatched to this day. $199 in 1999 with online capabilities, a great launch lineup and just a stupidly awesome library games over the next 18 months.

Best console from a 2017 perspective?

Saturn takes it. The Dreamcast and Genesis had so many of their games ported to superior versions or collections. The Saturn on the other hand is this wonderful strange beast of a machine with a fucking massive library of weird and wonderful Japanese games that you can't find anywhere else.
>>
>>3963087
The Sega master system is boring as fuck. The genesis is much better of a system my list is more like this
>Top tier
Sega genesis
>High tier
Dreamcast
>Mid tier
Saturn
>Low tier
Master system
>Shit tier
Sega cd/32x
>>
>>3968228
What about the SC3000?
>>
>>3968360
Last at everything as anyone who tries to pretend they have a great deal of experience with it, especially back when it was released, is fucking lying.
>>
>>3968391
Why would you say that? What makes you they are lying?
>>
>>3963278
I'd just trade places Sega CD with the SG-1000 and you're good to go
>>
>>3963087
Dreamcast deserves to be higher.
>>
Brazil shit tier master system race
>>
>>3971681
Why do Americans always think of Brazil with the Master System? That's a dumb meme. The Master System was more popular in first world Anglo and European countries.
>>
>>3971698
Because it is literally still produced in Brazil to this day, had a ton of Brazil exclusive games, and was a huge success there.
>>
>>3963369
You can use though at the end of a sentence you spaz.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.