[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that dracula fight That's seriously it? Not even a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

>that dracula fight

That's seriously it? Not even a real second form?

Why were all the bosses in this so sub-par?
>>
>Super Castlevania Bros
Seriously?
>>
>>3962917
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you fell for the meme, anon. This is by far the worst CV game. Even CVII is better and man... that game is rough..
>>
>>3963043
>5 unique IPs
>samefagging
???
>>
Boss fights are definitely awful in IV. No strategy involved whatsoever. I can't think of a single good one.
>>
File: okay.png (28KB, 702x478px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
28KB, 702x478px
>>3963056
okay
>>
>>3963069
Nice doctored pic. Babby learned how to use Inspect Elements.
>>
>>3963073
Knew you would accuse me of shooping but unfortunately my friend, you're wrong.

A simple prtscn+cropping in paint did the trick!
>>
>>3962917
They're all basically battles of attrition with no interesting patterns or gimmicks. They're just incredibly generic.
>>
File: all me.png (106KB, 733x693px) Image search: [Google]
all me.png
106KB, 733x693px
>>3963079
All me!
>>
>>3962917

Because they spent all their time making sure the sequencing didn't break.

Why do you think it was the last one to turn out that way?
>>
>>3962923
>>3962928
The real "Super Mariovania" is Bloodlines, with all these autoscrollys.

Hi australia!
>>
File: Try again, Simon!.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Try again, Simon!.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a retro game series that rustles more jimmies than Castlevania?
>>
Turns out that when you can actually control your character Castlevania games are not that difficult.
Half the difficulty in 3 and 1 is jumps being retarded, especially in a post-Mario era.

Now Ninja Gaiden for the NES, that's genuine difficulty.
>>
File: 1490273966276.gif (218KB, 340x324px) Image search: [Google]
1490273966276.gif
218KB, 340x324px
>>3963383
>Hi australia!

You know countries can't post on the internet, right?
>>
File: cover.jpg (315KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
315KB, 500x485px
>>3962917

This is the best version of the classic Castlevania. It destroys SCIV in every way with its god-tier music, level design, atmosphere and difficulty.
>>
>>3963467
Final Fantasy is on par with Castlevania when it comes to threads on here.
I like to think of these threads as Shitpost Containment. Gotta get some stupidity out of your system? Just head on over to /vr/, hit the catalogue, ctrl + f Castlevania or FF / Final Fantasy.
>>
>>3963545
All the ones I've played so far have been fun, and range from challenging to HOLY SHIT.
I like that range in a game series. Some titles I can pick up and play more relaxed and in an exploratory manner. Others bring that heat a guy likes to wrack his hands and brain with.

I don't like annoying games. None of the Castlevanias I've played yet have been annoying, Frustrating at times. But not bad.

I honestly find the NES Megamans more annoying
>>
>>3962917
>Why were all the bosses in this so sub-par?
I thought the same thing. Played IV for the first time last summer. Great Castlevania game but other than looking kewl the bosses were a let down.

16 bit Castlevania boss rankings:
X > Bloodlines > IV
>>
>>3963467
This, Final Fantasy, and Zelda have people going completely apeshit and attacking each other at the slightest provocation. I'm not sure why. I wish it would stop because I just want to fucking talk about them.
>>
>>3963726
You like Bloodlines bosses? Worst bosses in the series IMO. They're all so uninteresting and boring, only good boss in the whole game is Lady Moss.
>>
>>3963521
>god-tier music
It's good, but I don't know if better than IV's. It provided some cool remixes though.
>level design
Hit and miss, like every Castlevania. Generally it's good, but it's not without its needless auto-scrollers and fillers.
>atmosphere
It felt a bit generic to me, like "yeah, I've seen this already", it looks similar to IV in fact, it has the same gritty, gothic aesthetic (as opposed to Rondo and Bloodliness' silly circus clown colors)
The difficulty is OK, it has some of the best bosses in the series.
>>
>>3963383
Mario didn't have autoscroll levels until smb3 though.

SCB refers to the casual physics, not level designs.
>>
>>3964274
Wrong, SCB refers to an old /vr/ meme.

Anyway, castlevania shitposting in a nutshell:
>Castlevania IV is easy due to multiwhip
>Castlevania III has shit level design due to falling blocks and casual flying as Alucard
>Rondo has moeshit and broken subweapons
>Bloodlines has shit level design and autoscrollers
>Chronicles is for hipsters

Anything I am missing?
>>
>>3964285
Castlevania I is shit because it's too short and lacks interesting stages.
>>
>>3964305
Also holy water breaks the game.

Castlevania sucks people, abandon boat.
>>
File: castlevania_amiga_03.gif (41KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_amiga_03.gif
41KB, 640x400px
>>3964310
wait! there is a savior to the franchise!
>>
>>3964315
Knew what it was before I opened it.
>>
File: 2livekrew.png (104KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
2livekrew.png
104KB, 320x220px
>>3963521

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMMIdnJnQ5Q

my nigga
>>
>>3964046
They're at least better than the bosses in IV.
>>
>>3964046
Yeah, I guess they were pretty shit for the most part. At least it had a good Dracula fight though, unlike IV's.

Why was Rondo the only one to get boss fights right?
>>
>>3963521
Assuming you mean Original Mode (i.e CV X68000) then yes.
>>
>>3968073
Eh...
>>3968108
Eh...

Rondo has some good bosses, but the Dracula fight is also pretty disappointingly easy.
I think only Castlevania 1 and Castlevania Dracula X (SNES) got Dracula fights right.
>>
>>3968629
Rondo and 1 have the same fight, but you can't stunlock Dracula in Rondo.
>>
>>3968632
Rondo's Drac is waaaaay more forgiving than in 1.
It's the same only in the sense that Dracula transforms into a giant bull-monster at the end, but patterns aren't the same.
>>
>>3968629
>Dracula X (SNES) got Dracula fights right
Now that I've lost all my hair by pulling it out, I can agree with this statement.
>>
File: castevaniabloodlines_1.jpg (193KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
castevaniabloodlines_1.jpg
193KB, 600x450px
>>3964046
>They're all so uninteresting and boring
This first piss easy mid boss is more interesting than any of IV's
>>
>>3967980
Was thinking the exact same song.
Based Anon
>>
>>3962917
Because casuals don't like hard games, hence why this is considered the best ad opposed to say, the master piece that is Castlevania 3
>>
File: sad.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>3962917

I love Super Castlevania IV but fuck that Dracula fight. I a shame because the boss rush leading up to it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYm6N5aM2wI
>>
>>3968974
The boss rush isn't great at all.
>>
>>3968660
At least the first boss of Castlevania IV moves around, that first midboss on Bloodlines just stands there howls, fires, and breaks glasses. It's never challenging, it's never fun, it's never interesting, I'd rather have a non-mid boss that chases after you like on rondo/drac X.
>>
>>3964240
what about the stage with the little flying dolls n shit? i hadn't seen that before.
>>
File: super_castlevania_np_cover.png (2MB, 765x986px) Image search: [Google]
super_castlevania_np_cover.png
2MB, 765x986px
>>3968974

Jesus cuz', Did Super Castlevania IV kill your parents or some shit?
>>
>>3968629
X bosses were shit compared to Rondo, didn't even have the Shaft gauntlet and they nerfed the hell out of him (inb4 Necromancer and Shaft are totally separate characters!!!). Oh, and you can only fight death if you 100% the game, fuck you.
>>
>>3969986
Shaft gauntlet isn't even a good fight though.
Ghost of Shaft is better but it's still far from impressive.
Good Rondo bossfights are Werewolf, Minotaur, Dulahan.
>>
>>3969976
I miss old manly Castlevania art
>>
>>3969998
>Good Rondo bossfights are Werewolf, Minotaur, Dulahan.
You didn't like the serpent, Carmilla, Death, or Dogether??
>>
>>3970012
Not really, very boring fights.
>>
>>3970021
They were pretty hard for me on my first playthroughs of Rondo... Of course, then I got good, and now they're all easy, but still. Oh, that gold skeleton guy had three forms, that was pretty cool too. I also like how some bosses have instakill and death moves.
>>
>>3962917
Literally all better than SOTN. The final boss in SOTN loses the moment to crouch in the corner. You can rush every other boss with zero issue.
>>
>>3971387
SOTN is a completely different kind of game than Classicvanias anyways.
That said, I always felt that bosses were never a big deal in CV games, it's the level design what's most important.
Bosses on CV1 are just OK, Death is memorable and so is Dracula, but the main beef is the levels themselves, not the bosses.
That's why I didn't like Bloodlines' boss-heavy approach, too many uninteresting mid-bosses that don't really add much to the game.
>>
>>3963059
It's mostly just "what the boss frantically and hope it dies before you do".
>>
>>3972943
>what
*whack
>>
>>3963049
How would you know the IPs of any posters unless you're a mod/admin?
>>
>>3972950
In the bottom-right corner of the page, you can see how many unique posters a thread has. Mouseover the x/x/x/x numbers
>>
>>3972950
New fag detected.
>>
>>3972943
That's the same with pretty much every Castlevania game.
There are some exceptions, but for the most part it works that way.
Castlevania 1, the original, is the king of "whack it until it dies"
>>
>>3972957
Ah ok that. Yea. Indirect method is indirect, but a method nevertheless.
>>3973496
Nah, just brainfarted.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.