[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying some more Sega consoles. I've already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Thinking about buying some more Sega consoles. I've already got a Dreamcast, so I'm heavily leaning towards a Saturn since I never owned one. What're some good Saturn games?

Also, are any of the Genesis add-ons worth buying?
>>
The Sega CD is worth buying. A lot of improved ports and a few decent exclusives.
>>
Do you like fighters?
Do you like shmups?
>>
use the fucking catalog, faggot
>>3960583
>>
Worth buying : Action replay, blank cds, future everdrive.
>>
>>3962731

>future everdrive

Nani?
>>
>>3962714
Sorry senpai. I don't usually come to /vr/ so it didn't even cross my mind that there might've already been a Saturn thread.
>>3962712
I like fighters, a little iffy on shmups. I know the Saturn is great about arcade-quality ports though.
>>3962707
Aside from Snatcher, Sonic CD, and Bug!, what are some of the good exclusives?
>>
>>3962782

Popful Mail.
>>
>>3962782
>Bug!
That's a Saturn exclusive
>>
>>3962916
Actually, there was a Windows 95 port. That's the only reason I even know about the game desu. I'm not even sure if it's a good game, but I really just want it for nostalgia's sake.
>>3962872
Thanks! I think I've heard that name before, so I'll check it out.
>>
>>3962683
Get an action replay 4 in 1, and mod it to run pseudosaturn.

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru
Mega Man 8
Megaman X4
(Shmups of all shapes and sizes)
Nights Into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Shining Wisdom
The House of the Dead / Virtua Cop
Virtua Fighter 2
(Various arcade fighters)
Wipeout 2097
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (some things are iffy, like the pause menu takes a long time to open and load times are slightly longer than ps1 version, but it's still really fun and has extra stuff like a double tap run and extra zones / music)
>>
>>3962683
I found the Saturn library pretty disappointing to be honest, and I even know Japanese. Of the couple dozen games I tried that sounded interesting, the only one I ended up really liking was Princess Crown. I don't mean to sound like I'm just shitting on the console; I'm sure there are people who would love the Saturn's library, but personally, it's easily my least-played console. So unless you're REALLY into arcade ports, I'd highly recommend getting a Genesis first. I feel pretty confident in saying it has something for everyone. Usually a lot of somethings.

As for the add-ons, I wouldn't worry about it initially. A Sega CD is good to have for Popful Mail and Sonic CD, but not necessarily essential.
>>
>>3962916
Oops wait no I just realized what you meant. I'm sleep deprived right now.
>>3962982
Thanks, I'll have to look into modding it.
>>3963019
That's partly why I made the thread. I know of a few things, like NiGHTs and Clockwork Knight, but I'm highly unfamiliar with Sega's non-Dreamcast stuff.
>>
>>3962683
Sega consoles are pretty cheap as long as you avoid the US version Saturn. I'd say get them all but you really don't need a MS if you have a Genesis. I probably play more on the Saturn than the Genesis but the Genesis has a much bigger library of more mainstream games. A CD, RAM cart and flash cart are all pretty much must haves.
>>
>>3962740
Disc free Flashcart is coming out for the saturn reasonably soon
>>
You're going to want the Panzer Dragoon trilogy. Widely considered some of the best games in their genre too, numerous aspects about them are absolutely timeless too, from the music to the feeling of weight of the dragon, no other games really attempted what the PD games did.

I just need to urge against emulation, every bit of emulation I've seen absolutely butchers the sound and it's absolutely depressing considering how good the soundtracks are for each game.

I also used to be kinda like you where shooting games weren't really my thing, I was curious and tried Cotton 2 and Cotton Boomerang on the Saturn because it had cute girls in it, and was absolutely blown away at how fun they are. I've really taken a liking to shooters now, and along with the Cotton games, try out gunbird, thunder force 5, the thunderforce collection is great too.

Dynamite Cop is a really fun arcade style beat 'em up, Duke Nukem 3D had a really awesome port as did Quake and also give Powerslave/Exhumed a shot too. Keio Flying Squadron 2 is another great side scrolling platformer and shooter. Try Magic Knight Rayearth (it also has an undub if you want to be rid of the awful dub), legend of oasis is great, burning rangers is excellent, twinkle star sprites is awesome to play with friends. Assault Suit Leynos 2 is a really fun, technical feeling side scrolling mech action game, Guardian Heroes is another classic beat 'em up, Saturn Bomberman is considered the tournament standard, Fighters Megamix is both funny and a really enjoyable fighter, Dragon Force is an awe-inspiring strategy game, and people still go nuts over Radiant Silvergun for good reason.

Some of these had been ported to other platforms like guardian heroes and radiant silvergun, but part of the fun of engaging with a library is engaging with the games as they were produced for it and putting up with their shortcomings and appreciating why they went on 10, 15 years later to be hailed as classics and remade.
>>
>>3962683
saturn is alright you'll have a better time with it if you know japanese or import games that dont require reading to progress. you can check out the /v/ recommend site and look through the saturn list for all sorts of great games and gems. to be honest the Sega CD is barely worth it its only got a small libaray of good games to play on it, but enough to justify a purchase of one if you really want to throw down. but you can live without too if money is a problem
>>
>>3963565
Have you been living under a rock for the last few years or are you just retarded?
>>
>>3964002

Not him but I live under a rock. Is there a flashcart or not?
>>
>>3963565
>Disc free Flashcart is coming out for the saturn reasonably soon

SD drives have already been out since 2014.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.