[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Critically acclaimed games, or games loved by /vr/ that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: bg2.jpg (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bg2.jpg
578KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: Critically acclaimed games, or games loved by /vr/ that you just can't get into.

I want to like baldurs gate, because I love strategy games and tactics games. But there's no real variation to gameplay. You put on your 100 hundred buffs, locust the casters and send your melee dudes while pausing every 2 seconds to cast magic missles. Then you sleep and do it again.
>>
>>3962381
i HATE jrpgs, but nice try.
>>
>>3962379
Banjo and Kazooie does it for me. It's offensively bland and feels like it should be in a creepy pasta for the atmosphere alone. It just feels weird and uncomfortable with bland gameplay but people love it to the point of trying to remake it with shitty new animals.
>>
File: The Enigma of the Simian Isle.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
The Enigma of the Simian Isle.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>3962410
Halt! What be these yonder games thou speaketh of? I doth knoweth only of the Torments on the Yonder Planes, and that of Zelda short of Fitzgerald. What be this... singular Furie, and those Spaces Twice Deceesed?
>>
I hated Doom.
>>
>>3962379
That isn't the only strategy. I don't use it.
>>
File: IMG_8229.jpg (762KB, 1960x2401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8229.jpg
762KB, 1960x2401px
Super Mario 64. When it came out I tried it at the store, I just couldn't get past how the camera worked.
I tried again recently and it still shit me. I know it's popular and it's probably my fault (git gud I know) but I just don't enjoy it.
>>
>>3962379
Earthbound for me. It's clunky and generally really tiresome to play and lacking any depth gameplay-wise. I know that it's noted for the humor but so far I don't seem to get any of it, or maybe that's simply because I'm not murican?
>>
>>3962379

Final Fantasy 5, 6, 7

Hate them.
>>
File: super-mario-bros1.jpg (33KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-bros1.jpg
33KB, 320x288px
>>3962379
I get why people like the Mario games, but all of them and platformers in general have never appealed to me much at all.
>>
>>3962379
shadow of the colossus
>>
Mario kart, mario 64, zeldas, earthbound.

Nintendo are marketing geniuses.
>>
File: batman will kill this night.png (104KB, 258x341px) Image search: [Google]
batman will kill this night.png
104KB, 258x341px
>>3962379
>>3963609

The game you linked ironically.

But also Final Fantasy - ANY game in the series. Why this blasphemy you implore... its due to missing most of them and then I played Chrono Trigger and it has most of the same mechanics but without any of the random encounters.

I saw someone play FF7 and the lack of health potions plus the random encounters (rather stupid ones) didn't make the game look playable at all.

Im not a big fan of open world games like that, where you're dropped into it and its like "here you go, have fun". End up wandering to all sorts of different places not knowing where im supposed to go because each one only has proper quests or locations opened up after you trigger other things.
> not interested in playing it over and over again to find out the correct place to go.

Tabletop RPG is better because at least I can find something to do, look for trouble or whatever, and the plot eventually will find me (due to DM frustration).

>>3963114
I agree, there's alot of N64 games that I just go WTF for. The technology wasnt good enough and they didnt understand the kind of mechanics necessary to run a game like that in 3d (for instance, no fixed 8 way movement).

Zelda OOT I felt like this about too, and its almost identical to Super Mario 64 in so many ways.

They should have done a much comfier (read: SOTN level comfy) version of Zelda for the 64 and incorporated 3d effects into it, but left it as a 2D game. Im talking like Minish Cap level dynamics, special moves.

> and a Swordbeam for fucks sake

A couple other games I could never get into were Earthworm Jim or Donkey Kong.

Even though the screenshots I saw of DK looked rather impressive graphics wise - I absolutely fucking hate Monkeys and Gorillas. Thats the kinda thing I ought to be shooting or killing in a game, not supporting.

>>3963638
OP was saying games you Cant Get Into despite the hype. Not which ones you loved. Unless thats what you're saying here.
>>
File: swordbeam.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
swordbeam.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>3964267

If your Zelda game does not have a Swordbeam
> it is dead to me
>>
>>3964267
>I saw someone play FF7 and the lack of health potions
>lack of health potions
Eh? Did you really see the right game?
>>
>>3962379
Fallout 1 and 2. There's nothing wrong with them, I just find them boring to look at and the font colors are hard to read. I've played both to finish but I can't "get into" them and love them. Once was enough for each which is a shame since it seems like doing different builds is where the real fun is at.
>>
>>3964267
>lack of health potions

You can have 99 potions, 99 hi-potions, 99 x-potions, and 99 elixirs all at the same time. If anything I'm always selling them off because all that garbage is cluttering my inventory.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.