[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to dive into this one, /vr/. The original Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

I'm about to dive into this one, /vr/. The original Zelda didn't hold much appeal to be but I like that this one seems different and the top-down exploration perspective seems okay.

I plan to play this like the days before the internet and keep notes with a pad and pen instead of resorting to FAQs.

Are there any specific bits of advice you'd give me, /vr/? Please no spoilers!
>>
File: 112px-DairaOrange.gif (3KB, 112x120px) Image search: [Google]
112px-DairaOrange.gif
3KB, 112x120px
PREPARE YOUR ANUS
>>
Don't collect 1ups (link dolls), save them for the end of the game.
Don't put the jewel into the statues at the end of the dungeons, save them for later when you really need the exp.
>>
>>3960541
Dairas aren't even the hardest enemies in the game. If anything, they're casual filters.
>>
>>3960541
That actually looks pretty dope for an NES Zelda baddie. Looking forwards to seeing that asshole.
>>
>>3960527
great game
>>
File: 1372001364865.png (90KB, 179x257px) Image search: [Google]
1372001364865.png
90KB, 179x257px
duck, and then jump while still attacking so you'll hit your enemy in the middle of their body.

It will make sense very soon, and carry you to the end of the game, I guarantee it
>>
File: awoowolfgirl.jpg (14KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
awoowolfgirl.jpg
14KB, 209x241px
>>3960673
Thanks, anon. I appreciate the advice! I am going to bookmark this thread and use it for advice.

How rough of a ride am I in for? 1-10?
>>
It's absolutely necessary to talk to all those stupid villagers. Otherwise, you probably won't figure anything out.
>>
>>3960687
Yeah, I'm fine with that. It's just kind of a game for me to zone out on from time to time. Taking time and puttering around is acceptable gameplay to me.
>>
>>3960673
>>3960683
Not him, but with the duck/jump thing to hit the middle of body, you want to be moving as you execute it so your momentum carries you into them; the stab will stop your forward momentum and knock the enemy back, preventing collision damage. If you do it quickly and press foward-down/jump/stab at the same time, you should hit just as your feet leave the ground.

Iron Knuckles are easier to stab them in the head if you can time your jumps properly. (Their shields only go up to their chest.) Just do a standing jump, no need to crouch unless it's doing a low attack as you land; keep some forward momentum.

When you get to the Great Palace, you get jumping Iron Knuckles; just wait for them to jump at you and then do a Jump Stab on their feet..

>How rough of a ride am I in for? 1-10?
Depends how good you are at the combat. For a first timer, I'd say difficulty 7/10.
>>
>>3960673
This becomes super easy with a turbo controller. Just hold down and set both A and B on turbo.
>>
>>3961056
>>3960673

Could not get into the game because of how shit and obtuse the combat is. But even reading these tips I don't want to put myself through the trouble.
>>
I wish Nintendo would give us a true 2d sideview sequel
>>
>>3962420
lol
>>
>>3962509

Capcom already did

It's called megaman zero
>>
>>3962575
What the fuck that has to do with Zelda 2?
>>
>>3960527
>I plan to play this like the days before the internet and keep notes with a pad and pen instead of resorting to FAQs.
There's no need to consult walkthroughs or maps. The world design isn't nearly as labyrinthine as the first game. You can usually remember where everything is just by walking end-to-end through the palaces.

>Are there any specific bits of advice you'd give me, /vr/? Please no spoilers!
Level up a lot. After the first palace, the game throws a difficulty spike at you.

Talk to every townsperson you come across. They give you hints about hidden items or locations that you'll need to find eventually.

Don't be afraid to explore the overworld and venture into the wilderness areas. Although that's going to prompt enemies to try and converge on you, there's a lot of important stuff you'll find by venturing away from the safety of the roads.

Lastly, disregard anons who whine about the game being too obscure or requiring a walkthrough. Both are patently untrue. Yes, I beat this game without any outside help, and I was like 8 years old at the time.
>>
File: 1471538350059.gif (15KB, 539x305px) Image search: [Google]
1471538350059.gif
15KB, 539x305px
No need to reiterate all the advice already offered in this thread. But if you like Adventure of Link, be sure to check out Battle of Olympus next. Might be right up your alley.
>>
The game has certain pitfalls that essentially have no hints or clues. The solutions are essentially absolute guess work. I find this is what makes the game as difficult as it is because the gameplay is quite manageable.

Its a shame because I here is a lot of reasonable fun exploration to be had. But when it comes to those few pitfalls, without a walkthrough or strategy guide, it's a wash.

Never the less a fun classic game
>>
>>3960527
When fighting darknuts, jump and slash on your way down. They always lower their shields.

Palaces will fill your experience up to the next level so finish them when your XP is low.

You can use the LIFE spell while your magic is filling up and it will keep going, allowing you to heal both health and magic whenever you find a red jar.
>>
File: Sara1.jpg (27KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
Sara1.jpg
27KB, 400x269px
>>3960683
A solid 8
>>
File: kingofthetrill.jpg (80KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
kingofthetrill.jpg
80KB, 600x445px
>>3961056
>>3961735
>>3962742
>>3962790
>>3962863

OP here, thanks for the all the big tips, guys! I'm glad I came here; you anons seem pretty alright.

I'm going to be up tonight and load it in to give it a couple hours. Hopefully it is as rad as the boxart is.
>>
>>3963005
Nigga this place sucks, leave while you can.
>>
File: 1369611278866-z.jpg (26KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1369611278866-z.jpg
26KB, 256x240px
>>3960527
>>
>>3963009
Why are you here? Just go back to /v/ if you love that place so much more.
>>
>>3963052
Not him but to be fair we've seen better days.
>>
>>3963052
Because I usually post on a different board but /pol/ is leaking into it pretty bad. Asking about old games seems like it would go in /vr/ too.

Sincerely,
OP
>>
>>3960551
The red daira is a fucking son of a bitch.
>>
>>3962790
Also Faxanadu
>>
OP here. How do I stop this fucking Chadknight from destroying my shit every time I try to get past him?
>>
>>3964810
Forgot to post the pic with it. Pretty intense swordplay though for an NES game.
>>
>>3964819

jump and hit his face. get the timing down and do it over and over until he dies
>>
File: faggot.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>3963027
>>
>>3965118
Thanks. I tried that and it seems to work but I think I need a better sword or something because he takes a lot of hits. Tried a few more times and he didn't go down.

Instead I went to explore the rest of the joint and found this asshole but I killed his brother earlier so he's not so bad.
>>
Fuck.
>>
>>3960527
your'e in the wrong thread bub, this is the real zelda thread >>3964824
>>
>>3965561
Link's not BLUE in zelda2... is he????
>>
>>3965693

Picture was taken mid-damage.
>>
>>3965693
>he didn't find the blue ring in Zelda 2
>>
>>3960543
>Don't put the jewel into the statues at the end of the dungeons, save them for later when you really need the exp.
Uh. No. This is a massive waste of time, you'll be max level by the end of the game. Don't tell me you beat the fucking boss and turn around and walk all the way back out of the fucking place, that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>3962420
>press the only 2 buttons on the controller at once
>omg lmao 2 obtuse 4 me1! posting this 2 reddit theyll understand xD
>>
Check under tables. And attack on your way down from a jump to kill knights.
>>
>>3965909
Only to go back over and over again too. It's easy to grind tektites for awhile and then just let the game do the rest. If exp is still needed those lizard enemies near old Kasuto is the best option.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.