[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what is the best course of action for when this thing starts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 68-181-007-04.jpg (7KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
68-181-007-04.jpg
7KB, 300x225px
So, what is the best course of action for when this thing starts to go wobbly? I have only heard bad things about the gamecube replacement and $25 for the replacement+PCB v3 seems to steep specially when there isn't that many reviews out there. Has anyone tried to buy one of the
Aliexpress replacements and switch the gears around?
>>
I hear just buying a Hori is the easiest, most expensive route.
>>
File: 1426720535503.gif (2MB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
1426720535503.gif
2MB, 450x371px
>>3959524
Yeah, I don't like the look of it though, it seems it was design for millennials that actually think you need 3 hands to play the original controller. The d-pad placement is so weird.
>>
I tried this $5 fix and like it better than the PCBv3 mod but less than the Hori Mini Pad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIgMLGGPklY
>>
File: 312tktRhIEL.jpg (10KB, 285x285px)
312tktRhIEL.jpg
10KB, 285x285px
I got the raphnet adapters so i can play with pic related
Expensive tho
>>
>>3959519
Buy a huge box of mint condition jap ones for a a few buck.
>>
>>3959524
I hear the N64 Hori controller isn't as precise as normal N64 controllers.
>>
>>3960001

That's bullshit, it's different, better or worse will be subjective but it's not less precise.
>>
>>3960056
>That's bullshit, it's different, better or worse will be subjective but it's not less precise.
This is literally magical thinking. If the Hori stick uses potentiometers instead of optical encoding disks like the official controller, then it will be less precise.
>>
>steelsticks never ever

>>3959953
I wish there was a cube controller with N64 coloured buttons

>>3959991
All I see on eBay are horribly used Hori's. Where is the best place to buy mint ones?
>>
>>3960102
That magical precision is wasted when the plastic that surrounds the stick limits you to 8 directions.
>>
>>3960113
No it does not, because a large part of why optical disks are more precise than potentiometers is that they are better at determining how much pressure has been applied in any single direction, which is amazing for spring-lock aiming games like Sin and Punishment.
>>
>>3960102
>>3960141

Bullshit, you are begging the question. Why are potentiometers less precise than optical encoding disks?

They aren't.

Here's why: A controller with a potentiometer has precision only limited by the IC chip in the controller. The potentiometer itself has theoretical unlimited precision because it's completely analog.

An optical encoding disk is discrete with precision limited by the number of openings in the disk.

So from a theoretical standpoint a potentiometer is superior to an optical disk. Any failure of the potentiometer controller would be in the IC of the controller and not the joystick itself. Even though a potentiometer could have better precision than an optical disk it is still limited by the N64 itself in terms of what the N64 system will allow.

In conclusion, the Hori Mini Pad is an officially licensed product, which means it passed Nintendo QC. Which means that it should meet Nintendo specs for precision.
>>
>>3960105
>All I see is eBay
I know. It's a disease that sadly afflicts almost your entire generation. Obviously best place to buy Japanese controllers is Japan. Funny that. You can find them on Amazon and shit but you'll be paying 50-100x over the odds.
>>
>>3960225
>precision
The word you're looking for is resolution champ. And what about controllers with a pot and no IC?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.