[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/os I started playing Realms of the Haunting and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Hey /vr/os
I started playing Realms of the Haunting and it's fucking stellar. I really like that early 3D look too.

Any other good games that have that low poly look to them on PC?

I've already played System Shock 1 and Ultima Underworld

Any other good games with a nice low-poly look?
>>
Surely you've heard of Doom and Duke3D, right?
>>
>>3959160
Yeah, actually Duke 3D is probably my favorite FPS.

I should've mentioned, I'm familiar with the staple FPS.

Doom, Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Strife, Blood, Hexen, Heretic...

I guess I'm looking for more niche titles like RotH.
>>
>>3959148
there's that one chink fps made on a stolen build engine or something

never managed to find a copy on the internet

I think Dark Forces and Eradicator are pretty cool

then there's TekWar which is interesting because it's based on a novel by William Shatner and honestly no other reason
>>
>>3959181
tekwar was my (confusing) childhood
>>
>>3959186
tell me about tekwar
>>
>>3959186
What's confusing about it?
>>
>>3959165

Might and Magic 6, 7, and 8 might be your thing.

(Note: *not* Heroes of Might and Magic; completely different beast).
>>
File: tex_murphy_killing_moon.jpg (43KB, 634x474px) Image search: [Google]
tex_murphy_killing_moon.jpg
43KB, 634x474px
>>3959148
It's not an FPS, but Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon has detailed-but-low-poly areas to investigate that remind me of RotH's aesthetic.
>>
>>3959207
Seconding this. Fantastic games especially 6.
>>
>>3959148
Daggerfall is pretty good once you get it setup. Really love the way the dungeons look, although they can be confusing so you've gotta hug the wall. Plus it's free so no reason not to try it out.
>>
>>3959516

Buggy bullshit ruins that one. I've heard Arena isn't half bad, though.
>>
>>3959530
Never experienced any bugs when I played through it. Never played Arena except for the first dungeon.
>>
>>3959148

"blood" for pc
>>
>>3959181
>>3959207
>>3959476
>>3959516
I'll look into these. Thanks anons

>>3959707
Played and loved Blood. Fucking great game
>>
>>3959207
Agreed. Good games.
>>
Daggerfall is free and is pretty great
>>
>>3959148
yeah ROTH is brilliant. I never made it past a certain section towards the end though. Good luck!
>>
File: 88670-normality-screenshot.gif (57KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
88670-normality-screenshot.gif
57KB, 640x400px
>>3959148
The same company made another game with the same engine called Normality. The graphics aren't quite as good, and it doesn't have the horror/supernatural theme, but maybe it's what you're looking for?
>>
>>3959148
Too many fucking mazes. And even if you get the map, the map viewer is so low res it's fucking useless.
>>
>>3959148
>I started playing Realms of the Haunting and it's fucking stellar. I really like that early 3D look too.
mah cracka. This game is dope.
>>
File: klabmaps.png (30KB, 640x192px) Image search: [Google]
klabmaps.png
30KB, 640x192px
>>3963058
>Too many fucking mazes
Haha, can't deny this. I love Realms of the Haunting but it has like, eight legit mazes. And not "mazes" in the sense of "slightly twisty level design", mazes like the kind you give to kids to solve on the back of a menu or cereal box. And then there's the Hell section with a bunch of purposefully aggravating minigames to solve including a carnival-style coconut shy. Kek. I always found the maps to be very useful, though. Pic not related.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.