[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to sell retro stuff? I have a decent PS1/GBC collection and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

How to sell retro stuff?
I have a decent PS1/GBC collection and want to sell my stuff

Whats the best way to go about doing this
>>
Why don't you come see me behind Chuck E. Cheese. Black van, alone.
>>
It depends on the games.
>>
>>3958361
atm I'm trying to sell Pokemon Blue+Gold
Is $40 good to set as the lower bid
>>
>>>/r/
>>
>>3958363
>atm I'm trying to sell Pokemon Blue+Gold
>as lower bid

Theres a lot of science in bidding. If you start low sometimes it tends to lead to a higher top end as you have more people getting invested in the outcome of your auction which leads to a bid war.

I bought a big lot of SNES games with some duplicates with a lot of big names (Like Chrono Trigger) I started them all at 99 cents. A few of them sold for more than a few listed Buy It Nows becasue people get caught up in the auction mentality.
>>
>>3958373
Thing is I'm in the position where I need the money
>>
>>3958419
List them at 0.99 start, no reserve.

Just make sure your auction doesn't end at like 3.30 on a sunday morning and you'll be fine. Trust me.
>>
>>3958450
Your feedback rating is shit.

Why didn't you build it up first you imbecile?
>>
>>3958472
Build it up how?
>>
>>3958483
pay indonesians to "buy" things from you and give you positive ratings by the hundreds
>>
I hope you know that I buy stuff from reseller scum like you and open a claim with paypal to get my money back once I get the goods.
>>
>>3958524
Firstly whats wrong with reselling
Secondly thats my collection from when I was a kid
>>
>>3958496
youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>3958531
I'm a businessman is what I am
>>
List everything as Buy it Now for $1 less than the lowest listing if you want quick sales, worked great for me
>>
>>3958562
This is what I do as well. If I'm selling it on eBay it's usually because I want to get that item out of my house (money is already sunk, no attachment to it, etc), so I basically undercut everyone else and offer free shipping; usually sell the item in a few hours after listing that way.
>>
Hold a garage sale and sell them for 5-10$ each cartridge. This is the going rate for games. Or at least I believe it is based on all the complaining I see on this board.
>>
>>3958472
Nobody gives a fuck about feedback rating.
>>
>>3958612

OP should because it probably means he is a shit seller and going to piss off a buyer unwittingly or not and get some chargeback/returns that he will have to pay for.
>>
>>3958571

That's basically how all electronic markets work. How do you think it works when you try to sell stocks?
>>
>>3958612
Na spergs wont even buy unless you have like 4.8 stars
>>
>>3958651
I don't sell stocks, I just try and make a few bucks on stuff I don't want anymore. If I'm just trying to get it out of my apartment, I'm happy to undercut the other guys to expedite the process. I'm not saying it's like a revelation or anything, just agreeing with that other guy and providing a tip for OP who may not have any experience selling things online at all.
>>
File: 8bfupnyrbity.jpg (37KB, 540x477px)
8bfupnyrbity.jpg
37KB, 540x477px
Donate your shit to goodwill and make someone's day.
>>
Send them to me, I'll pay shipping :^)
>>
>>3958909
Itd more than likely get picked up by a reseller or a collector who dont even play the games
>>
>Australian
One of you fuckers with the same name as me keeps trying to register for every website under the sun with my gmail account. How much of an idiot do you have to be to not realize you don't have access to firstname.lastname1@gmail to confirm these registrations for over a year? Fuck it's annoying.
>>
>>3959010
Maybe you should change your name to Chester Urquhart.

It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>3958909
maybe back in 2003 it might have. The clerks there hoard shit for themselves.
>>
>>3958496

I lol'd
>>
>>3958909
It would just end up on their auction site.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.