[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw talking to a retro "collector" who knows nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1486686658030s.jpg (8KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486686658030s.jpg
8KB, 250x200px
>tfw talking to a retro "collector" who knows nothing about the games they have
>>
So are you gonna buy anything or?
>>
I can tell you where I got 99% of my games. The other 1% are when I was really young and birthdays and chistmas gifts blur together.
>>
>>3956623
You're a liar and you're not a collector.
>>
File: aqQvRJb.jpg (64KB, 626x960px) Image search: [Google]
aqQvRJb.jpg
64KB, 626x960px
>>3956593
>Talking to a hardcore 'gamer' who only plays CoD and meme of the month nee releases
>>
>>3956593
>tfw pretending to listen to a kiddo who's telling you all sorts of autist "secrets" about one game in your collection of thousands
>>
>>3956930
>Talking to a gamer who thinks that "hardcore" and "hard" are synonymous.
>>
>>3956623
Getting asshurt iver a generalization that's not even aboit you is really stupid.
>>
>>3956593
What's even worse are assholes who just buy up everything, and only talk about the old shovelware because they can't tell quality games from the shit ones.

I know a guy who has thousands of dollars worth of shit sitting around, and he pines over thrasher and other shit 90's games that were popular for a month back then.
And he just blind buys all retro shit he finds. He's got 2 saturns, but no chords or games. Got them because they were at a goodwill...
>>
>>3957216
I was in a retro shop today, and this 30 something literal autist came in with who i can only assume was his sister, and proceeded to tell her all about how hardcore dark souls is, and how hard it is, and how much he loves games like it.

That is probably the most embarassed i've ever felt to be in a place like that. And i wasn't even a part of the conversation.
>>
We're not supposed to talk about Metal Jesus outside of the e-celeb thread.
>>
>>3957369
What's wrong with this, exactly?
>>
>talking to a gamer who exclusively plays "retro" games because "games these days are garbage!"
>>
>>3956593
>not buying games just to show people on youtube and facebook that you just bought some games
>>
>>3957404

Nothing, the guy you're replying to is autistic.
>>
>Not spending $1000 on a copy of Shenrei on the Saturn

It's like you're not even a real retro gamer.
>>
>"""player""" "of" """""""""""games""""""
>>
Lots of people just stockpile that shit
>>
Some people just like collecting games, there's not enough time to play everything.
>>
>>3957386
kek
>>
>>3957591
I fucking hate that. I've literally got, like, one double of a game I own, and that's through happenstance.

I also don't buy games that don't look fun to play. If I buy it, it's because I WANT TO FUCKING PLAY IT.
>>
I don't like there pleple. they away collecting game even they not know not like not intressting and not care about that game.
They only want to use their money to do someting about hobby,They are people who make retrogame more and more price in every day.
>>
>>3960254
That's a shame. I have a buttload of dupes of tons of meme games. They're going to buy me a new car one of these days.
>>
>>3957369
>place that sells vidya
It's almost as if people congregate in places where they can buy the things required to participate in their hobby of choice, and meet like-minded people to converse with.
>>
>>3957359
I have way too much shovelware I got just because it was "on sale"

Not proud of myself

Jesus I even have a PS1 I got at goodwill that's never been hooked up, I need help, I'm one of those fucking people
>>
>>3956593
Give specifics, OP, not generalities. Else I'm gonna assume you're pulling greentext out of your ass.
>>
>>3961137
become the thing you hate

sell the shit at an inflated price
>>
>>3957428
This makes me rage with the fury of a thousand suns
>>
>>3957428
>>3961802

>getting autistic over someone who prefers to play older games

What are you even doing on this board?
>>
>>3962924
No you fucking retard
It's the people who play older games because "le everything new is bad"
>>
>>3962924
Clearly not trying to prove his retro hipster cred by being a pretentious cunt like some others.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.