[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal? The time mechanism just stresses me out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

What's the appeal? The time mechanism just stresses me out, Zelda's supposed to be an expansive journey, not a rushed errand list.
>>
>>3954336

I should be able to spend as much time as I want figuring shit out. It's supposed to be a game, not a job.
>>
>>3954342
>Grown adult can't figure out puzzles in a children's game
>>
>Reset time before a dungeon and before you start one of the four directions.
>Reverse song of time
Time should not be an issue.
>>
>>3954351

I can't get up to the part where you get the ocarina back so fuck you, time is definitely an issue. This game is stupid, I'm just going to play ocarina of time again instead.
>>
>>3954352

Okay hope you have fun playing the game you enjoy :)

This isn't /v/ dude we aren't gonna fight you to get you to like stuff
>>
>It was just a dream

I refuse to accept it even if it's now canon. The dream twist was fine for Link's Awakening because your objective was to get off the island to begin with and it presented a nice moral dilemma. You spend Majora's Mask trying to SAVE Termina and that just renders your accomplishments meaningless. Why bother with the moon to begin with?
>>
>>3954361
He's being an epic troll, getting the ocarina back happens in the 1st hour or so
>>
OOT is for sure better, but desu all the normie game collectors are turning against N64; it used to be THE retro game console.
>>
>>3954364

Fuck you, I can't figure out where shit it, I still need to find that stupid fairy and everything looks the same so I don't know if I already left the one village or am going somewhere new. Why does there need to be four different villages in the first place? And it doesn't help that you're stuck in the retarded deku body instead of getting to use normal Link movements to find your way around. I'm not very good at directions and don't like these stupid minigames everywhere.
>>
>>3954336
>tfw enjoy stress in the vidya like the heat in a chili pepper

fuck trial and error shit though
>>
>>3954384

Maybe video games aren't for you. Have you considered turning it off and taking a walk? It's nice out. :)
>>
>>3954393

I do fine with quality games like ocarina of time. It's not my fault majora's mask is shit.
>>
>>3954384
They give you way more time than you need for what all you have to actually do the first 3 day cycle, and you're locked in the town, and you still can't figure it out? Sorry OP but just be less trash at games
>>
>>3954385
Tbh mm is far from stressful unless you're a kid.
>>
>>3954421
very true, now I play it to relax and enjoy its weirdness
>>
>>3954421

I was much better at video games when I was a kid.
>>
The appeal is the weirds and the feels, my epic young troll. :)
>>
>>3954453

How can you have feelings about it when the retarded game keeps yelling at you about the clock and you're trying to remember which way you came from so you can figure out which place you haven't gone yet on the off chance it's the place you're supposed to show up to so you can start the next unwanted minigame?

I don't understand how they could go from such a great game with ocarina of time down to one of the least enjoyable games I've ever seen. They lost their way.
>>
File: 1446882531981-v.jpg (19KB, 371x440px) Image search: [Google]
1446882531981-v.jpg
19KB, 371x440px
>>3954506
Trying THIS hard
>>
I hope you feel dumb you're struggling in a children's video game OP.

>but but I was only pretending to be retarded XD
>>
>>3954532

These games are easier when you're a kid. You lose most of your eye hand coordination by the time you're 30 (or at least I did). You also lose the ability to have normal, clean, single shot bowel movements with a sense of closure to them, but that's not necessarily related.
>>
>>3954590
it's zelda
there's no hand eye coordination needed
>>
>>3954332
Time only ever bothered me in the first dungeon until I figured I could just not pick up all the fairies and instead finish the dungeon first. There's no real consequence to the time mechanism other than losing dungeon progress and rupees.
And I found out about the double time like 4 years later.
>>
>>3954384
>four different villages
I have no fucking idea what you're talking about man
>>
>>3954638

North, south, east, and west.
>>
>>3954640
But if I read it correctly, OP hasn't walked out of the main town
>>
>>3954594

You have to run around and jump on shit while changing directions and using stupid deku mechanics which is all really painful using a virtual joystick on an android phone.
>>
>>3954643
>android phone.
Now I know you're just joking man. The game wasn't designed for android and it's dumb to play it that way. Even keyboard is miles better.
>>
>>3954642

You didn't read it correctly. The fairy's supposed to be somewhere in the north village according to some characer who said something about her and that's where I'm stuck, wandering around those stupid directional villages.
>>
>>3954645

Why shouldn't I be able to play N64 games on my phone while taking a shit? It's 2017, fuck you. Also Mari Kart 64 and Smash Bros worked fine, it's just this retarded game that's stressing me out.
>>
>>3954646
It's not a north village, it's part of a town. Are you saying you have trouble remembering shit in an area smaller than my block? That's not an issue with time man. Just let the world end a few times until you learn the layout.
Or are you saying you forget it every time the world ends?
>>
>>3954643
Gimping yourself on touch controls then crying about the game..

Holy shit fuck off.
>>
>>3954651

>implying you can magically choose to have a real joystick pop out of your phone

Fuck off.
>>
>>3954647
lmao I didn't say it's impossible, just that you're dumb for blaming a game for not paying well on a fucking port
>>
>>3954647
>Its the current year
Please stop, its meant to be played with a real controller, so any extra difficulty is all on your dumb setup faggot
>>
>>3954650

I haven't let the world end, that stresses me out too much, I just go back to the emulator save point every few minutes.
>>
>>3954656
OP you're complaining that you find it hard to play Dark Souls with the Rock Band guitar
>>
>>3954656
How about not playing games on your phone you autistic fuck.

>my controls are bad :(
>I'm lost in zelda
>the first puzzle is too dam hard
>this game is shit :(
>why is Themis sooooo stressful aughhhh :(((((
>>
>>3954660
It's the same fucking thing, but let's put that aside for a moment. You're not even stressing over time since you have the save point.
You're stressing over finding an object in a small place. That town is way smaller than the dungeons.
This game is not for you, time or no time.
>>
>>3954656
Reminder phones aren't made to play games in the first place, xperia play tried and failed with that already
>>
>>3954664

I'm stressing out about the time because I have to go back to emulator save points in the first place. I wouldn't have to worry about stupid time constraints in a good game like ocarina of time (except like one or two completely optional side quests that only last a few minutes anyway). Ocarina of Time you start in the forest, get a sword and shield, go do shit in the deku tree, go out to a couple other logical elemental environments, get the really cool time travel mechanism suddenly, and then explore other cool shit in the future. Majora's Mask cut out all the stuff that made Ocarina of Time great and added in a bunch of annoyance factors for no reason.
>>
>>3954676
>not being linear is annoying
Read a book or watch a movie
>>
>>3954676
The games not for you kid, if you're stressing out over the first puzzle give up. It's not the game, it's you. move on and play something else. Try Kirby or something.
>>
>>3954676
But the emulator save points don't matter. You just go, find one, load. Go, find second, load. Admit it, it's not a problem. You're not performing a series of steps and being interrupted, you just don't like loading all the time.
I could call you slow and dumb since I've seen 6 year olds do this in the first in-game day, but that's irrelevant; what I address here is your imaginary struggle. Unless you forget information with the resets (which sounds straight out of creepypasta) you have no problems.
>>
>>3954351
If you play a better game, time never becomes an issue.
>>
>>3954332
>supposed to be
There's your problem. Drop the attitude and enjoy it.
>>
>>3954676
You really shouldn't be going into the deku tree without the master sword.

Get sword and shield, navidive or poke-escape to kakariko, get the chus, get lullaby, get master sword.

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/routes/100-segmented
>>
>>3954684
Awe shit. Kirby 64. So good.
>>
>>3954643
>tfw a pleb friend played MM for the first time on a phone and wrecked it
>tfw have played MM on the N64 for eons and would absolutely shit the bed if I tried it on a touchscreen

ya'll crazy
>>
>>3954506
The rest line on the mini map in zelda games tells you which direction you entered from.
>>
>>3955094
Jesus. I can play the 2D Zeldas on my Android with relative ease but that just sounds miserable.
>>
>>3954669

>Reminder phones aren't made to play games in the first place, xperia play tried and failed with that already

That conclusion doesn't follow at all. Xperia Play was a combination smartphone / gaming system. Of course most people don't want to buy a phone that's designed to be a gaming system and then pay money for games when you can just use a regular smartphone and download roms without paying money for them. Video game emulators for smartphones are hugely popular, they obviously work well enough.
>>
>>3954332
You can play a song to reduce how time pass
>>
>>3954332
> The time mechanism just stresses me out
Learn to slow down time.
>>
>>3956056
>>3956207

I shouldn't have to worry about time at all. I get enough of that in real life, video games shouldn't be like real life.
>>
>>3956330
That's literally the point of playing the song
>>
>>3954332
mostly because how different it was from OoT
>>
>>3956330
The time limit ties together the gameplay and story. This is one of the few truly unique games you will ever play in your life.

If you stopped acting like a whiny little cunt and learn to bend a little then you might get to experience it.
>>
>>3957708

I like you.
>>
I mean post Breath of the Wild it's hard to go back to a game like Majora's Mask

>4 directions from clock town
>can only access one the first time
>others are gated behind various things
>forcing you down a linear path, at least until you get some stuff.
>>
>>3957729

I'd rather suck off a yak than hear more about your shitty open-meme nuZelda trash.

Or, as the natives put it, "Not retro." .
>>
It's supposed to stress you out, being the end of the world and everything.
>>
>>3957793
Its not perfect, but that freedom was better than the railroading present in OoT onwards.
>>
>>3957871

I don't care. Not retro.
>>
>>3954332
In OoT you mostly explore a space while in MM you are exploring a space and how it changes over an entire continuum of time. There is time travel in OoT but your exploration in that dimension is comparably limited. The mechanics of MM are really quite a natural extension of the exploration through time present in its predecessor and that made it a very satisfying play for me. When you learn how to use tools like the Bomber's Notebook and the Song of Time modifiers exploring the temporal dimension of the game was really quite manageable.
>>
>>3957729
>Breath of the Wild
One of the most overhyped Zeldas I've played. Too much care was put on the overworld exploration/various weapons and costumes and shit you can gather and not enough on what should be considered the real meat of the series: the dungeon crawling and items. Seriously, BoTW exacerbates some of MM's problems in those aspects by 60%. That's also not to mention the egregious (and VERY unnecessary) voice acting either...
>>
>>3954332
I will never understand people who get stressed out from time managment in games, it's fun you faggot
>>
>>3954332
Don't play it on a phone you goddamn retard and don't use save states
There, problems solved
>>
>>3958339

>Don't play it on a phone

I'm not taking an entire TV and N64 with me to a public restroom. The point is to be able to play it while taking shits at work. If the game doesn't work well on a phone that's the game's fault, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64 both do fine on the phone.
>>
>>3958401
>if a game made years before the advent of the technology I'm ilegally forcing it to run on doesn't work properly on said technology it's the game's fault
also
>playing on the phone
>having 0 direction skills
>having 0 reading skills
>savescumming

this is some advanced level trolling right here
>>
>>3958408

Why do Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64 work well on a phone then? It's almost like good games work well mostly independent of the means you use to play them.
>>
>>3958410
I wanna see you do drift boosts on a phone.
>>
>>3954590
>You also lose the ability to have normal, clean, single shot bowel movements

This is only true if you still eat like a kid. Stop living off hot pockets and chicken nuggies and get some fiber in your diet. Eat a salad for cripe's sake.
>>
>>3958401
Just play the remake on 3DS if you want to play the game on the shitter.
>>
>>3954590
There's something seriously wrong with you. I'll be 50 in a couple years and I still play fighting games against teenagers. A Zelda game is no problem whatsoever. My shits come out just fine. Seriously dude, see a doctor.
>>
>>3954363
nigga what? Majora's Mask isn't a dream
it's in the downfall timeline
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.