[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's only one legal stage in the whole game >and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].png (849KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
849KB, 800x550px
>there's only one legal stage in the whole game
>and everyone is completely peachy with that

What the fuck.
>>
>>3953913
As opposed to illegal stages?
>>
>>3953913
Every stage there is more than old enough to be legal good sir.
>>
>side project that sakurai could only work on on weekends
>not really made with competitive play in mind
>first entry of a series
>>
People still compete in 64? I thought it was melee all day
>>
>>3953927
I even got to talk to some of the players at CEO Dreamland about it. That's what got me thinking about how this game can only be played on one stage.
>>
>>3953929
Smash Bros tourneyfags are among the worst of hypocrites. If you're such an amazing badass at your game of choice, then you should be able to handle any environment & item the game has to offer.
>>
What stage?
>>
>>3953936
Dream Land.

Even in SSB4 it's considered a starter pick stage so it's basically maintained its status as "the stage" for all these years.
>>
>>3953927
Dude my friend's 8-year-old still plays smash 64.
>>
Kinda unrelated but after five years of it not working and ten cotton swabs (Swabbed the N64 and the cart) I finally got my SSB 64 cart working again a couple days ago. It's basically a prototype for Melee but it's still a little victory for me because I thought that cart would never work again.
>>
>>3953960
Cool blog kid. not
>>
File: 1363886378862.jpg (20KB, 582x329px) Image search: [Google]
1363886378862.jpg
20KB, 582x329px
>>3953923
dont remind me
>>
File: 1476066367301.png (211KB, 563x413px) Image search: [Google]
1476066367301.png
211KB, 563x413px
>>3953913
>a game that's meant to be a casual fun party game with 4-player multiplayer and stages designed around crazyness is instead being played as a competitive serious game with always 2 playes and banning "unfair" stages
There's your answer. Now you understand why Melee is popularly nicknamed as a "accidental mistake" that Sakurai has made.
>>
I actually prefer 64 to Melee because of the slower pace, high damage, easier combos. Mechanic-wise, it's what Smash 4 should've been.
>>
>>3954237
>implying that guaranteed guard-crush strings are a good mechanic
>>
>>3953927

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVgkENOuN8
>>
>>3954380
That was sorta hype.
>>
>>3953932
Banning stages is more in the interest of preventing character domination than the stage itself being a problem.

But, IMO, they should allow stages that are shitty for EVERYONE. If no one has an advantage because no one is properly suited to handle it then I'd say that's fair. It should be on the player to learn the nuances of a stage.
>>
File: 1425312380879.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1425312380879.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>3954380

>man i don't think 64 is that hype, it's just floating in and out of range until someone accidentally gets hit by an aerial and 0-to-death-
>mfw those luigi combos

never mind 64 rules
>>
>>3954357
Yeah, that's a minus. Blockstun was too high for its own good.

I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but I still prefer it over other Smash games.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.