[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I also want to play ps1 games that hold a candle to the graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Front_Mission_3_Coverart.png (138KB, 256x254px) Image search: [Google]
Front_Mission_3_Coverart.png
138KB, 256x254px
I also want to play ps1 games that hold a candle to the graphics of shining force 3 and panzer dragoon saga
>found pic related
any other ps1 games have better 3d than shining force 3 or pds?
also is front mission 3 a good game to play?
>>
>also is front mission 3 a good game to play?
This can vary wildly based on how you play it.
Let's just say there are two scenarios, and you're booted into each of them based on a choice you make at the beginning (you don't know the choice at the time).
So, one of the scenarios is pretty good, while the other feels like a ton of filler battles strung together.

If you got the first scenario, it's a pretty good game.
If you got the second scenario, it can be a chore.
>>
>>3952951
Technically Alisa's route is 2nd route since answering "no" is the 2nd choice.
>>3952930

>any other ps1 games have better 3d than shining force 3 or pds?

A lot of games have better 3D than FM. For SRPGs, I don't think you'll get better than FF Tactics, but that's more 2D than 3D.
>>
>>3952930
Playing FM3 for the first time at the moment. It's not bad. Way less autistic and more enjoyable than those horrible FFTactics/Ogre games.
>>
>>3954827
>Way less autistic and more enjoyable than those horrible FFTactics/Ogre games.

Nice b8.
>>
>>3952930
Okay, serious question if anyone can help. Been really wanting to to get into srpgs, my only experience is some fire emblem, and front mission 3 has my interest. I heard this one is easier and the mech based gameplay interests me more then the fantasy style of most other titles. This game okay for a beginner?
>>
>>3957637
>This game okay for a beginner?

Anyone who can figure out Fire Emblem should be able to beat ANY FM game(except maybe the non-retro RTS) with 1 hand tied behind his back. Are you serious?
>>
>>3957637
Hell yes, this game is a wonderful entry point into the Tactics/Turn based strategy genre.

I fucking hated FF Tactics
>>
Front Mission 3 is ~fun~

But the whole game is trivial if you abuse the many broken skills of the game.

Eject Punch on melee wanzers. You can then hop into the enemy wanzer and the enemy pilot's AI is too stupid to take your unmanned wanzer afterwards
equip all ROFUP1's, use a high combo cpu and proceed to need kill any wanzer in a single encounter.

I used to think Front Mission 4 was more "hardcore" and to an extent it is, but as long as you equip arms that prioritize Accuracy and legs that prioritize Evasion and you're smart enough to setup and utility Link attacks. FM4 becomes mind numbingly easy too.

STILL, these are fun games if you're young and haven't played a lot of strategy video games yet. They just don't have enough difficulty for bitter oldfags.
>>
>>3957645
>are you serious?
Please know that I knew nothing about this series, sorry if it sounded like I was baiting.
>>3957667
Thank you. Other then a few missions in various FE games I have no experience really, didn't know what to expect.
>>
>>3957682
>use a high combo cpu and proceed to need kill any wanzer in a single encounter.

Tested that before. The moves will almost NEVER activate. Not worth it.
>>
>>3957682
>kill any wanzer in a single encounter.

wanna know how I know you got no clue what you're talking about?
>>
>>3958108
>>3958138
hmmmmmmmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ilskLDANY
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.