[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Sequels inferior to their originals in every possible way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: GhoulpatrolSNES.jpg (29KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
GhoulpatrolSNES.jpg
29KB, 400x261px
ITT Sequels inferior to their originals in every possible way

I tried this game out last night out of curiosity because I've always heard how shitty it is compared to Zombies Ate My Neighbors and boy they weren't lying. It felt really floaty and unresponsive and I seemingly couldn't die even when I get attacked by a whole bunch of shit so I said fuck it, I kept playing hoping to knock it off my backlog. Beat World 1 and got to the samurai place. Here's where the bullshit really picks up, so I spawn in and there's a survivor I didn't know was a survivor because he had samurai gear on and just about fucking everybody in this game is out to kill you and a demon runs up and kills him and I get a game over. This all happened within a span of about five seconds so there's no way in hell anybody could've figured it out on their first try. Think I'm a liar? Do it yourself. Literally one kill and it's game over, start the whole game all over again. If that isn't horseshit, I don't know what is. Fuck this game.

It got me thinking though, what other games on /vr/ consoles/handhelds have sequels that are much worse than the original?
>>
>>3951467
Wasn't this made by a Jap team and that's why it sucked?
>>
>>3951467
OoT is much worse than ALTTP
>>
>>3951471
According to the Wikipedia page a guy at Lucasarts says that it was made by "a third party" that licensed the franchise. Extremely vague but yeah it leads to that
>>
>>3951476
Fucking gooks. They should leave game design to superior westerners.
>>
File: Meow.jpg (48KB, 400x309px)
Meow.jpg
48KB, 400x309px
>>3951467

Chrono Cross is inferior to Chrono Trigger
>>
>>3951467

It's not a true sequel. They just slapped the characters on a different game. The original developer had no idea it was even being made.
>>
>>3951467

Quake II is much worse than Quake.
>>
Toejam & Earl: Panic on Funkatron
Shadow of the Beast II
>>
Dig Dug 2
>>
>>3951471
>>3951476
It was made by an Asian team in Malaysia.

I'm not making this shit up.
>>
>>3951564
>Shadow of the Beast II
III though.
>>
>>3951467
Bonk 3 is a big step down from Bonk 2
Wasn't until Super Bonk 2 that the series redeemed itself
>>
>>3951790
the first is a gem though
>>
File: legend_of_mana_amerique[1].jpg (72KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
legend_of_mana_amerique[1].jpg
72KB, 640x639px
>>3951506
I totally agree.
pic related too
>>
>>3951518
Quake 4 is also inferior to Quake 2.

Way down the line huh.
>>
Mario 2 is so inferior it wasn't even a Mario game, it was actually called Donkey Kong Picnic in Japan because they thought the real Mario 2 was too hard. Can you believe it?
>>
>>3952025
i swear this gets more fucked up every time i see it
>>
>>3952027
not that guy, but it's one of the funniest may mays on 4chan imo
>>
>>3952025
Probably bait but it's Doki Doki panic!
>>
DQ6
FFTA (not retro but the first one was)
Super Mario World 2
>>
>>3952025
>Donkey Kong Picnic
Gets me every time. What do you guys think a game actually named that would be like?
>>
Saga Frontier 2 is inferior to the first
>>
>>3952292
>was just about to type this
>someone already did it for me

Are you me?
>>
>>3952334
its a scientific fact, that 4chan is open to multiple timelines.... or someone has the same opinion as you.
>>
>>3952020
Not true. The dialogue is much better,
>>
>>3952291
Like Yoshi's Cookie
>>
>>3951467
>ITT Sequels inferior to their originals in every possible way
>every possible way

Ghoul Patrol has better graphics that ZAMN
>>
>>3952510
Mai waifu looks better in ZAMN though.
>>
>>3952025
I didnt know that!
>>
>>3952292
>>3952334
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that game is shit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.