[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your audio setup for retro gaming? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: spk.png (392KB, 1111x570px) Image search: [Google]
spk.png
392KB, 1111x570px
What's your audio setup for retro gaming?

I've been posting around different places and asking but figured I could just make a thread here and see what everyone says.

So what do ya'll use? I some CRT's in my room but don't have dedicated speakers for them. I was looking at picking up some big 90's stereo system speakers but after some research I'm shying away from them. Now I'm looking for cheap big bookshelf speakers and a cheap but good amp to drive them.

thoughts?
>>
>>3950372
>90's stereo system
Yep. Works gut.
>>
File: loss less.jpg (159KB, 1152x765px) Image search: [Google]
loss less.jpg
159KB, 1152x765px
>>
Speakers in most CRTs really are pretty good, it's the newer flat panel TVs that have shit speakers simply because speakers can't be that thin and still sound good at a distance. I use a pair of pretty small JBLs (that sound surprisingly good) with the LCD TV in my bedroom that probably date back 15 years or so, and a nice Sony surround set from the late 90s in the living room.
>>
File: yare yare daze.png (292KB, 444x336px) Image search: [Google]
yare yare daze.png
292KB, 444x336px
the speakers on my tv

dassit
>>
My house stereo on the main bridge, my 800 watt 15" bass guitar cabinet plus my PA system on the battle bridge - but ~100% of the time I just use the TV's speaker for the game unless it's a really good Genesis game
>>
>>3950372
A small pair of Audio Engine speakers. They sound fantastic.
>>
Technics C01 and Sony APM-22ES

S'alright
>>
File: Sheeta Levistone.gif (405KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
Sheeta Levistone.gif
405KB, 450x243px
>>3950372
An Onkyo 6.1 surround setup with some B&W speakers.
Equally great for music, vidya and kino.

And watching Studio Ghibli films with full 6.1 audio on a BVM CRT is amazing, and let's not get started on watching my LaserDiscs and my DVDs of Samurai Jack.

I never enable any sound upmixing or forcing the audio to play in 6.1 but it is still amazing.

Too bad there are barely any 6.1 games.

My favorite 6.1 movies/series for putting my setup to the test are:
>Star Wars: The Complete Saga
>The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy
>Ghost in the Shell (1995) and Innocence
>The Studio Ghibli Collection
>The Taylor Swift Collection
>CSI series
>Samurai Jack
>>
>>3950372
I just use whatever audio setup is in the room. This could be anything from 7.1 to 2.1. I usually have the option to use the built in TV speaker for authentic sounding fart noises or if I have more than one screen in the room. For rooms with multiple screens I usually have an option for wireless headphones.
>>
>>3950372
Headphones.
>>
I also have an 11.2 surround setup for my home cinema but I barely use it for retro games.

It sounds amazing for my 7th-gen (except for Wii), 8th-gen games, PC games and even my DVDs, HD-DVDs, DVHS tapes, Blu-ray discs and Ultra HD Blu-ray discs and Ultra HD Blu-rays especially shine with my 4K HDR TV.
>>
>>3950805
>>3950838
TV speakers are alright, but I like really cranking up the volume sometimes and I feel bad when I hear the audio starting to distort at higher volumes.

Some of you guys are mentioning 5.1 or 7.1 audio systems but that's a little too much for my space. Anyone have really cheap large speakers that sound amazing? Clue me in please
>>
Vintage Technics loudspeakers and a onkyo receiver. I'd rather have a nice stereo setup than some shitty surround sound setup.
>>
File: 41H81WKT68L.jpg (23KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
41H81WKT68L.jpg
23KB, 500x359px
I only use this for NES then PS2
That best sound for BGM game for me
>>
>>3950372
I just use two logitech speakers I got for like $20 and that's only because the speakers on the TV itself are a pile of shit and it's the laziest way to get stereo output from my Genesis.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.