[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To people who collect video games, how many games in their collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: ps2large.jpg (643KB, 1944x1296px) Image search: [Google]
ps2large.jpg
643KB, 1944x1296px
To people who collect video games, how many games in their collection have they actually played?
>>
I own 783 games. I have played 14.
>>
>>3949364
Its not about playing games its about showing off on the internet
>>
I have a nearly complete NES collection and about 500 SNES games. I only play my xbone.
>>
>>3949364
i have about 275 physical games. probably another 150ish in digital, not an extreme collector but i have a bunch of consoles and i pick up a game pretty frequently. when it comes to actually collecting i looks for horror and fighting games, those are my two favorite genres. have played all the phyical copies at some point, maybe not beat them but played. as with digital its mostly stuff from humble bundle, there are a lot on steam ive never touched lol. i hate that i spent the money on digital games back when i did.
>>
>>3949364
what's the point of taking a picture of a collection if you don't have a good enough camera to make out any of them.
>>
I have probably somewhere between 500 and 1000 games, never actually counted. I've played every single one of them except for ones I got in bulk lots that I'm not interested in. The ones that I haven't beaten I've at least booted up and played for a few minutes to ensure that it's working. I don't buy games I'm not interested in playing. Very rarely will I impulse purchase a game I know nothing about, if I'm buying a game I've usually at the very minimum watched some gameplay footage of it and know what I'm in for. I will never understand people who buy games they have zero interest in playing just for "muh complete collection". I don't care if a game is worth hundreds of dollars, if its gameplay doesn't interest me in any way I'm not going to waste my time.
>>
>>3949393
For real?
>>
>>3949364
I have ~2000 games and have played maybe 20-30% of them for a significant amount of time.
>>
>>3949364
Everything I buy are games I want to play so there's only like three or four I haven't gotten around to playing yet and almost all of those are just sequels to games I'm currently playing. I don't see the point in buying something if I'm just going to leave it on a shelf for eternity.
>>
>>3949393
Hey Pat. Don't worry champ, you'll get that Stadium Events yet.
>>
>>3949508
>implying Pat plays anything but NES
he's completely 100% ignorant about anything that isn't NES, except maybe turbografx 16.
>>
>>3949415
What's your favorite game?
>>
I own probably ~250 games, and I've technically played each one I bought just to see it works
I'm working on my backlog, gonna ignore jrpgs and start with short games but I always end up with shit like bloodrayne that takes way more than 4 hours or ace combat which just makes me want to play other ace combat games

one of these days I'll get to all these JRPGs, too
>>
>>3949542
of all time? that's a super broad question and I don't think I could pick just one game. Rondo of Blood is definitely up there, so are Soldier Blade and Gradius 2. I'd probably have to throw Street Fighter 2 Turbo on there just for the sheer amount of hours I've sunk into it, but as an overall package I think I prefer Capcom VS SNK 2.
>>
I have played every single game I own for at least 30 minutes. I try every game when I get it, the exception being sequels if I haven't finished the first game yet.
>>
I've played all of them.

Beating them is another matter.
>>
I just mainly collect ps1/2 rpgs. Almost have a complete set. I play them daily. Takes a month or so to beat them. I'm set for a while.
>>
>>3949364
Depends on how you define things. A large portion of my collection is factory sealed. Of course I haven't played those actual pieces of media but I have played the games.
>>
Why the fuck would I play games when I can go on the internet and shitpost?
>>
>>3949364
Everything I own I either have beaten, or have the intention to play and beat.
>>
>>3949573
Can't fucking wait for the new Ace Combat.
>>
I have about 80 games. I've beaten 99% of them to completion. I've had over 200, but I sold some. I know its not a lot, but I really have become an expert at playing the ones I have. I think what the Youtube collectors, yard sale scavengers, and ebayers do is disgusting.
>>
>>3949364
i only buy games i like to play
>collecting ps2 games
makes my skin crawl desu
>>
>>3949445
This is about where I'm at. I mean, you give most games at least a spin but it's really only fair to count the games you've gotten INTO. Shit, I used to have game time out the ass and I still didn't really churn through my backlog.
>>
>>3949364
I've probably all of them once or twice. Beating games for me is really hard unless they are short as my game time has been limited due to a school / work combo. Long RPGs seem like a no go to me, as I can't invest time in min-maxing (my preferred way to play RPGs) them.
>>
>>3950042
Why? Not /vr/ but there are tons of great ps2 games.
>>
I have about 600 now, and I've played probably 200 of those. For years I held off of playing most of my games because I wanted to record my gameplay, so I was buying tons of whatever cheap games I could find but played very few.

Since Feb I got all my equipment together, here's my channel if anyone's interested:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chapelle69/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I've played more games in the past two months than in the previous 5 years combined. I do lots of obscure ps1 and ps2 games, but for the past week I've been doing NES and SNES.
>>
>>3949364
I've got around 60 games physically. Played 40 of them once and beat 10 of them.
>>
>>3949364
I stopped buying games, I got to about 450 games and said fuck it. Now im working on beating the games and just getting rid of shit games. Everything will get some play eventually.
>>
Out of my collection of around 300 physical games more or less I think I have played most if not all of the physical games that I can get to work at least for a bit. Honestly I have way more digital games on Steam that I bought on sale that I have never even downloaded.
>>
I have 1050 physical games with 308 completed at least once (I track this). Every game except 20ish I have played >30 min, as I don't own any game I don't like and intend to play. I'd guess I've played 700 or so more than a few hours.
>>
>>3949364

That's my friend's house. That wall is one of several that are packed with video games.
>>
I have about 700 physical games and 200 downloaded. I'd say I've played about all of the physicals and at least 100 digital.
>>
>>3949918
I just hope there's no FUCKING TUNNELS, but same
>>
I have ~400
I just keep playing. I'll never beat them all, but having options is good.
>>
>>3949364
I have like 14 MD games. If I keep getting more at what point will it be a "collection"?
>>
Why even collect for consoles like the SNES now? You're essentially burning your money with the current prices.
>>
>>3951939
Not like a child like you would understand.
>>
>>3951945
Didn't realize being an adult meant you had to be a fucking retard, thanks for clearing that up!
>>
>>3951951
When you grow up, you will understand the innate value of things.
>>
>>3951963
Oh, so you're one of those fucking idiots that just got into collecting and buy games at ridiculous prices purely out of nostalgia?
>>
>>3951939
SNES is not an expensive system to collect for, kid. It may not be 2600-tier dirt cheap like it was but try collecting games for the Saturn, NeoGeo or TG16 and come back.
>>
>>3951970
I'm one of those geniuses who finished his collection long ago when the prices were more affordable. Even then you can still find good games for affordable prices, just have to look for it.
>>
>>3951994
It not being as expensive as something like Neo Geo doesn't change the fact that games like Contra 3 shouldn't be going for fifty fucking dollars.
>>
>>3952010
super famicom version goes for half that. also 50 bucks is still less than when it first came out.
>>
>>3952123
This. When popular SNES titles start costing well over their original MSRP I'll start complaining, but as of now I think the pricing on most of them is tolerable.
>>
>>3952006
>im a kid whos assmad about current prices and makes myself feel better by fantasizing about being an oldfag on a gook toon image board
FTFY
>>
>>3952694
>emufags SEETHING

so much projection. cringe.
>>
>>3952010
Wow fifty bucks
Sure is a lotta money
>>
>>3952010
>Contra 3
There's a cheaper GBA version, you know. Get that, it has extra levels.
>>
Poorfags should get the fuck out of my hobby.
>>
i own over 1200 games

i dont even like games

i just like making sure no one else can own them
>>
>>3952913
>projecting about someone projecting about me projecting
You're not fooling anyone sport
>>
>>3953068
Projecting inception.
>>
>>3953069
I just call it underage
But I like yours better
>>
I sold off most of my cartridge games and got flashcarts. Don't regret it one bit.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.