[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Old games that if you gave to someone who was ignorant of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

ITT: Old games that if you gave to someone who was ignorant of most games outside of a newer time period they would be surprised by the fun they would experiencing them for the first time today
>>
>>3947872

sure as fuck not that. I love the game but are you mental?
>>
>>3947878
no implication meant
>>
I think that someone that enjoyes FF would be impressed of this game, given the recent urge for openworld games
>>
Windjammers and Bushido Blade
>>
Metal slug 1-3.
>>
File: 445409-poy_poy.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
445409-poy_poy.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
Hey kid, want to play a party game that's more fun than Smash 64?
>>
File: tumblr_oaze41xqiH1u6jjy9o1_400.gif (2MB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaze41xqiH1u6jjy9o1_400.gif
2MB, 384x224px
>>3947872
Street Fughter 3. the animations are great for its time, but only people that like fighting games would like it. also Crash Bandicoot and >>3948094
>>
Someone who enjoys Dark Souls would like Zelda 2 since it is the Dark Souls of NES games.
>>
>>3948294
In no other way aside from difficulty
>>
>>3947872

Punch-Out!!

Still just as raw and visceral today.
>>
File: bangaiol.gif (2MB, 380x227px) Image search: [Google]
bangaiol.gif
2MB, 380x227px
>>3947872
>>
>>3947872
Golden Ax or Streets of Rage
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11KB, 384x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11KB, 384x360px
>>3948294
>it is the Dark Souls of NES games.
nah
>>
>>3948606
Those are terrible examples.
>>
puzzle games like Tetris or Intelligent Cube
a lot of 2D platformers, and some 3D platformers
arcade games like Pacman etc
>>
File: oh okay.jpg (15KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
oh okay.jpg
15KB, 500x327px
>>3948625
>>
>>3948584
How well does this run n64 vs Dreamcast? That is, which is better?
>>
>>3948632
>why can't I run
>I can't do anything but punch
>why does the screen lock

I like belt sanders but those two wouldn't be the best to hand to someone who doesn't play old games

maybe something like the TMNT games would be less jarring
>>
>>3948868
I don't know who you're hanging out with, but I have a youngfag (10 years younger) friend who I introduced both those games to and he seemed to like them well enough for us to get to their endings.
>>
>>3948813
Main difference besides control scheme is that on N64 if you do a 100 hit combo you gain power ups that completely break the game difficulty. The Dreamcast is more balanced and has no powerups.
>>
>>3948868
>>why can't I run
You can run in Golden Axe.
>>
I can't think of a single one that isn't an arcade game. Modern games are all about Skinner boxes, feedback loops, whale catching, juice and incrementing numbers. A newer gamer won't know what to do with a game that isn't trying to get them addicted.
>>
>>3947872
My vote goes to Front Mission: Gun Hazard.

A friend of mine is a normie that only plays Destiny and Call of Duty, but he was captivated by it. Game has Sonic-style co-op where the ally character can be controlled by a second player, so I helped him through it that way.
>>
>>3948973
You sound like a man that knows what he is talking about.

please give me some arcade games

I'd also like to know your thoughts on good gameplay mechanics, whats wrong with video games today,
>>
>>3947872
Bad sentences
>>
>>3950424
understoodmeaning
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.