[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been on a Tenchi Muyo nostalgia kick lately. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: mihoshi was best girl.png (183KB, 340x297px) Image search: [Google]
mihoshi was best girl.png
183KB, 340x297px
I've been on a Tenchi Muyo nostalgia kick lately. How was the video game?
>>
>>3947479

Probably 3rd rate, just like all harem anime are.
>>
>>3947479
probably bad, but your OP pic interested me in the possibility of a good retro isometric JRPG
>>
>>3947515
None shall ever top the shittiness that is Love Hina.
>>
>>3947479
Dude, I was feeling like that a few weeks ago. I watch the original OVA for the first time in a looooong time. I was worried the humor would have been stale now that I'm older, but it's still fucking hilarious, and the animation is tight too.

>>3947515
Yes, it was the original harem show, and it spawned one of the most terrible genre's ever, but somehow it transcended it's legacy. It's actually pretty fun.
>>
>>3947479
I didn't think the game was that bad, though it was a bit grindy(moreso if you didn't figure out who was good in the game). Washu's attacks were pretty amusing, IIRC.
>>
Oh gosh it's been ages since I played, maybe they've fixed the translation patch. You couldn't read everything in the version I played; longer dialogue just scrolled off the screen. Still fun as heck.
>>
>>3947732
>Yes, it was the original harem show

That's a stupid thing to say and you're a stupid person for saying.
>>
>>3947732
The original and Tenchi Universe still hold up, but HOLY SHIT, while I didn't like it as a kid it wasn't until I was an adult that I realized how truly awful Tenchi in Tokyo is.

>>3947479
I played the SNES RPG 6 or 7 years ago, it's not great.
>>
File: Ayeka Ryoko m1vioro7o1_400.jpg (40KB, 241x494px) Image search: [Google]
Ayeka Ryoko m1vioro7o1_400.jpg
40KB, 241x494px
>>3947882

You know what the sad part is? Tokyo is still better than the later OVAs. Because shit actually happens.

Really I re watched everything a month or so ago. After OVA1 (Which is still fantastic) everything else is just them sitting in the Masaki house not doing fuck while the writer jacks off over his universe.

The manga is actually really good if you haven't read it. Sort of branches out of OVA 1 but the characters actually have more of an presence. And they have adventures.
>>
File: Alan Moore Annoyed.png (58KB, 308x231px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Moore Annoyed.png
58KB, 308x231px
>>3947902
>That one page where Tenchi and Ayeka go on a date to a swimming pool like normal fucking people.

Why couldn't anything have more of that? Just Tenchi actually interacting with the girls.
>>
>watching anime where an alpha male fucks all of the girls
Weabos are conditioned to being Cucks, I swear to fuck.
>>
>>3949256

That would get in the way of how awesome someone's third cousin from a novel no one reads and or seto is
>>
>>3949267

That's not how you use 'cuck', the thing with harem is the protagonist (usually a completely generic 'loser') is there purely for the viewer to project themselves onto. It's definitely a genre aimed at a particular breed of weeb but not the one you're thinking of.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 168x192px
>>3949361
In reality anime fans are more like Tenchi's ugly beta male friend who couldn't get any pussy in the show.
>>
File: Amagasaki.jpg (6KB, 130x183px) Image search: [Google]
Amagasaki.jpg
6KB, 130x183px
>>3949384
http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Kazuhito_Amagasaki
>>
>>3947732

Tenchi Muyo is not the original harem anime.

Rumiko Takahashi's "Urusei Yatsura" (1980) was first by at least 15 years.
>>
>>3949910
You sure know a lot about harem anime, nerd.
>>
>>3949919

You're on a video game thread, so you're a nerd, too.
>>
File: Joe and Carlos duke it out.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Joe and Carlos duke it out.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>3949919
Gotta know the classics
>>
>>3949910
UY was not a harem anime. Protagonist Ataru was a lecherous cretin who was eternally foiled by "wife" Lum's jealousy - not a black slate avatar like Tenchi for lonely otaku to project on. Most of the girls surrounding Ataru didn't fawnover him, but rather brushed him off.

Next thing you'll be telling us Lum was moe...
>>
>>3949960
No, she was tsundere, instead.
>>
File: Worry.png (556KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Worry.png
556KB, 720x480px
>>3949960
>>3949976

Are you guys being serious right now...? I really hope not.
>>
>>3950008

So who's the first tsundere then, since you're so smart?
>>
>>3950009

That's not what I was getting at.

You're both out of your minds if you don't think otaku consider Lum or any type of tsundere moe. Don't get me wrong, I hate the archetype myself, but it is one of character types they like most.
>>
>>3950027
I remember a quote from Anno being surprised that japanese like Asuka more than Rei, as he thought they preferred a more docile girl as opposed to a hot-headed one.
>>
>>3947479
As someone who barely watched Tenchi Muyo and got all my info from browsing anime fan sites I enjoyed this game. Though not exactly a replayable experience.
>>
File: Sayaka3.jpg (121KB, 478x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sayaka3.jpg
121KB, 478x800px
>>3950009
>So who's the first tsundere then, since you're so smart?

Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.