[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obscure retro games nobody enjoyed But you did >E.V.O. Search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (18KB, 252x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
18KB, 252x177px
Obscure retro games nobody enjoyed
But you did

>E.V.O. Search for Eden
>SNES.
>>
>>3945689
>SOS (Vic Tokai game, not Sink or Swin)
>SNES

The AI can be retarded but it's a pretty fun game if you get past that
>>
Terranigma. Was WAAAY to deep for my buddies in school.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon N64. This was only available through costly import back then.
>>
File: e_v_o__the_search_for_eden.jpg (197KB, 1153x692px) Image search: [Google]
e_v_o__the_search_for_eden.jpg
197KB, 1153x692px
>>3945689

>E.V.O Search for Eden

My second favorite RPGs on the system next to Chrono Trigger. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's played it.
>>
>>3945720
>>3945720
I liked the blend of evolution and science with mysticism and mythology
Gaia was a cutie.
Did you transform to human?
Or did you prefer to keep the animal form?
>>
>>3945734

I stayed as animal i think. Its been along time since i've played it. I am going to replay this one again :)
>>
>>3945689
>nobody enjoyed

E.V.O. is one of my favorite games in 28 years of vidyaing.
>>
File: Evo-Morales.jpg (29KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
Evo-Morales.jpg
29KB, 640x384px
>>3945734
>I liked the blend of evolution and science with mysticism and mythology
Be sure to check out the prequel, EVO: The Theory of Evolution. It's a turn-based RPG, but its batshit insane story makes Search for Eden's look like a peer-reviewed academic dissertation. You can find the translation patch here: http://46okumen.com/projects/e-v-o-the-theory-of-evolution/
>>
EVO is super fun
>>
>>3945689
>obscure

I hope you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Haunting Starring Polterguy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggV0jFxgK4
>>
>>3945689

Treasure of the Rudras.

og Square meets preadamic esoterica.
>>
>>3945689
I love this fucking game.

Ridiculous difficulty spikes still catch me every time, and I play through about once a year.
>>
>>3945689
>EVO
>Obscure
>nobody enjoyed

"no"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Theres quite some secrets hidden in evo, did you transform into a mermaid? Or a MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON?
>>
>>3945689
When the fuck is Arino going to play this game?
>>
>>3946027
Loved it.
>>
Nigga everyone played this on emulators
>>
>>3946119
i remember those not being permanent. i could be wrong.
>>
I think a lot of people enjoyed E.V.O.
It's fucking great, although it can be frustrating at times, it's a slightly hidden classic I think, it's hidden because it was not super popular but it's a localized SNES RPG, which means it is known by default.
But anyway yeah, great game.
>>
If there wasn't so much grinding in this game it would be really enjoyable. You kinda play it more because you want to see what happens next instead for the gameplay.
>>
>>3946772
It gained notoriety thanks to the emulation scene, just like Terranigma.
>>
>>3946728
You had to save those forms, otherwise you would lose them.
>>
This game and it's other 2 parts
>>
>>3947367
this and panzer dragoon saga are the games ive replayed the most on my saturn
>>
File: 1455819661556.png (66KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
1455819661556.png
66KB, 218x231px
>>3945689
>E.V.O
>Obscure
>>
Dear Enix:

Remove bird temple. Rerelease. Thanks.

>>3945985
>>3945985
I love you as much as I can love another man, I never thought I would play this.

I proably have 500 hours on EVO. It was one of the first games with modern grindan.
>>
>>3945706
It was? I found a stack just chilling at a Toys R Us' Electronics department.

I was like, "Cool, ninjas".

And then I became a dork with an interest in Japanese language and culture, as well as the process of localization.
>>
>>3945689
Evo is not obscure.
>>
>>3945689
>Obscure retro games nobody enjoyed
>EVO
Is this what kids really think? So sad.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.