[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does vr think of Zelda Classic/Zquest the definitive Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4591.png (104KB, 632x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4591.png
104KB, 632x474px
What does vr think of Zelda Classic/Zquest the definitive Zelda 1 game maker.
The original version came out in the late 90s, so the program itself counts as retro.
>>
I think it's an obsolete, cobbled-together piece of shit that's been on programming life support for as long as I can remember.

The community around it is a hugbox piece of shit.
>>
I can't think of a more user friendly Zelda editor. It's amazing.
>>
>>3945665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYhRYwYhlM
>>
>>3945668
>The community around it is a hugbox piece of shit.

What would you prefer? A piece of shit community like StackOverflow which REEEEEEs at just about any question where the OP doesn't already know the answer?
>>
>>3945665
I like the skin that makes the original zelda look like links awakening.
>>
>>3948768
>A piece of shit community like StackOverflow which REEEEEEs at just about any question where the OP doesn't already know the answer?
I kekked because it is so true. Another funny thing is that the questions that get REEEEEE'd at end up having some of the best answers.
>>
>>3949043
Yeah, but the good answer is at the very bottom because it has a score of -8, meanwhile the top answer with a score of 20+ is, "That's wrong you retard, here, do this completely unrelated thing which doesn't even answer the question"
>>
Can anyone recommend me a quest? I want to get back into ZC, but I'd like to play a good one instead of jumping into a random one.
>>
>>3945665
nes game is better
>>
>>3949103

Not to be a contrarian, but most of the time the questions get shat on is because it's been asked before and can be searched. Other than that, it's true the place is an elitist wannabe circlejerk.

As for Zelda Classic, isn't this just an over-glorified romhack?
>>
>>3950473
>As for Zelda Classic, isn't this just an over-glorified romhack?

Zelda Classic is more like a fanmade port of the original Legend of Zelda for PC, with the ability to load maps, tilesets, and other content. I believe it allows for some extra capabilities over the original engine as well.
>>
>>3948768

I'd prefer a community that wasn't made up of 14-year-olds with ADHD and delicate fee-fees.

After ten years of nothing but that shit (and a program that manages to barely function each release), I left.

>>3949509

There are no good ones, and the ones that were good only work on that *single* super-special build out of the literal 1,000+ they released leading up to 3.0 (which took nearly a decade to release).

>>3950810

Actually, at this point a ROMhack is probably more stable and competently programmed.
>>
I fucking love Zelda Classic/ZQuest. Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2 is really good, with a retarded amount of content
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (48KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
48KB, 600x518px
>>3950473
>romhack?
>>
>>3950864

How is it good? Why would I be interested in playing a game where Link goes on a quest for the fucking hookshot (of all things)?
>>
>>3950916

>has clearly never seen the Princess Bride

Look at this poser faggot meme-posting.
>>
>>3950938
You come off as trying too hard to be like /v/ dude, it's a pretty straightforward and lengthy quest involving about 9 dungeons with a shitload of extra optional areas that drastically change how the game is played, a lot of bosses, unlockable items, and like 8 different unique swords that can alter your play style.
Also the hookshot is one the best Zelda items.
>>
>>3949509
Link's Quest for the hookshot
Randomizer quests are always good
in the lost kingdom of the banana blood god

and if you want to play something really edgy and stupid, try Mario's Insane rampage, it has enough late 90s/early 2000's edge that it comes off hilarious nowadays.
>>
>>3950964

You made the quest, didn't you?
>>
>>3951057
I wish.
>>
>>3950970

All of those are pretty goddamn stupid.
>>
>>3951065
Listen sunshine, I was helping out that other anon, I don't need your bullshit. Are you the same faggot from the streets of rage thread? Because you seem just as whiny and aggresively salty as that sperg.
>>
>>3951062

Why? Are you one of those content=quality jackoffs?
>>
>>3951070

I wasn't even aware there was a SoR thread currently running. I just assholes who recc' mediocre garbage.
>>
>>3951072
This is the last (you) you're getting out of me, but I thought all of those quests were enjoyable. Sorry we're not sophisticated like you, you seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder from the community, so I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you tried submitting a terrible quest, and the community shat on you.
Or maybe you're just the same anal pained faggot that likes to show up in random /vr/ threads and whine about stupid shit in an attempt to derail it, either way, consider suicide.
>>
>>3950970
Mario's insane rampage sounds like it was meant to be funny to begin with you nit.

Also, retarded levels of edge is better than a bunch of left leaning politically correct transexuals crying about nothing on literally every god damned web site.

IE: give me the 90's ANY fucking day. The time when trannies were relegated to talk shows, and if you were a snowflake, you got that beaten out of you.
And videogames came free of political nonsense. A far better time. Edge or not.
>>
>>3951082
I never said the edge was bad. 90s edge is fun. I'm not sure why you're ranting about other shit like this is /v/ or something.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.