[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to pick up a Time Crisis arcade cabinet, there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 118124218360.jpg (33KB, 320x656px) Image search: [Google]
118124218360.jpg
33KB, 320x656px
I'm looking to pick up a Time Crisis arcade cabinet, there's one on my local Craigslist, but I was wondering if there's somewhere that just deals in cabinets as a business rather than just buying them second hand. Does /vr/ have any suggestions on where to look? Eventually I'm hoping to pick up TC2 and TC3 as well, further down the road.
>>
>>3943712

Ebay. You're going to be paying freight shipping regardless if it's not anywhere close which basically limits you to Craigslist, and I wouldn't buy a cab off there if they payed me.
>>
>>3943783

I should add I only care about jap candy cabs but every company that I know of that specializes in cabs also puts everything on Ebay. Not just a copout answer.
>>
>>3943793
I hear you.

It does make me wonder why this "working cabinet" has been sitting on CL for 6 months. I've never bought one off of there, but I figured since I had luck with other stuff, I'd give it a shot. I'll give ebay a check before I commit though.
>>
>>3943712
Many places. I suggest you look at local arcades. It's much easier to test a cab and get subsequent support there than in the back of a pickup truck in a parking lot.
>>
>>3944137
>It does make me wonder why this "working cabinet" has been sitting on CL for 6 months

Because video game cabinets are something that nobody in their right mind wants.
>>
ebay
>>
File: neogeo.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
neogeo.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3944137
>>3945656
It's because
>buyer wants 3000 dollars for a time crisis with a busted gun
>in an age where people play shit on their phones all the time

Arcade Cabinets are a novelty. Lightgun games especially are very high maintenance. The guns need to be calibrated frequently, and parts are getting harder and harder to come by for specific games. Afaik the "generic" guns are inferior, but they may be your only option because good luck finding a new time crisis gun.

They're also fucking huge. My Neo-Geo is a normal sized cabinet. but it's still massive and has a huge impact on my room.

There is no such thing as a "new cabinet" unless it's some shitty company trying to push terrible "custom" mame cabinets. Buying an arcade cabinet you are assuming a lot of maintenance responsibility and potentially costs to keep it running effectively. I don't have any experience with a lightgun cabinet myself, but I know they're a pain in the ass.

>tfw I really need to build a bridge peice between my shelves over the cabinet.
>>
File: arcade_auction[1].jpg (84KB, 479x246px) Image search: [Google]
arcade_auction[1].jpg
84KB, 479x246px
Local auctions. That's where I got all but one of my machines back in the day. They're like giant arcades where all the games have their coin doors wide open so you could check everything out. They always ended with the as-is games which is where most of my shit came from they rarely needed much work although I shocked the fuck out of myself on them more than once. Who needs coffee? (They started super early, plus the drive).

These days they're smaller, fewer and farther between but find out what company serves your local area and make plans to go. It'll probably still be worth the trip.
>>
>>3948018
Lots of projection. Aftermarket peripherals are not always inferior. Mame cabinets are not always terrible. Cabs are not always a ton of maintenance. etc.

I am surprised you even own one with so much incorrect information.
>>
>>3948018
>guns need to be calibrated frequently
>I don't have any experience with a lightgun cabinet
You already made that clear. Real light guns don't need to be calibrated
>>
>>3943712
looks awesome
>>
>>3948018
>not only does he have like 3 shelves full of video games, he also has an arcade machine

Jesus fucking christ you really did it this time Timmy. How's that virginity monolith treating you? Does it let you sleep at night?
>>
>>3950453
>he thinks girls are better than arcade games

Aren't you late for the pride parade, faggot?
>>
>>3950453
It's good. I enjoy it thoroughly.
>>
>>3943783
>payed

>>3943712

Craigslist. That is absolutely your best bet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.