[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this thing decent if I wish to use it for playing GB and GBC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: GBP.jpg (88KB, 800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
GBP.jpg
88KB, 800x1078px
Is this thing decent if I wish to use it for playing GB and GBC games? I use my Super Game Boy 2 currently for GB stuff, but sadly it can't play GBC games, which limits you quite a bit.
>>
It most certainly is, especially if you have a good set to play it on.
>>
>>3942435
Too bad the Gamecube's d-pad is kinda shit tier. That's the main downfall I think.
>>
More importantly, are there any good ways of loading Gameboy Interface?

XenoGC and then burning a disk is an option, but I don't really have a CD drive capable of burning mini DVDs.

Swiss is a good SD card loader, but to load Swiss you need to first need to either burn it to a mini DVD, or load it through a SD Gecko, which requires the Action Replay disk, and SD Gecko is limited to a 2gb SD card, which is super shitty.

Ideally I'd use a Wiikey/WASP Fusion, but those are long out of production and out of stock everywhere.
>>
>>3942461
What I did was put the GBI on a gamecube memory card (using a modden Wii) and use a modded Melee save that loads homebrew from the memory card when the name select is picked in Melee. I want to get an action replay so I can load homebrew from an SD instead though.
>>
>>3942447
This, a thousand times over. The cube's d-pad is vestigial and useless; small, stiff, and no fidelity, like OP's penis.
>>
>>3942550
The action replay is limited to 2 gigs SD cards, which are obsolete, and more expensive.

Still though, you can use the action replay to boots Swiss.
>>
>>3942461
>action replay disk (sdmedialauncher) + gecko + 2gb sdcard with swiss
>load swiss
>switch 32gb card into gecko and refresh
unlimited space at the cost of an extra 30 seconds setup

GBi itself isn't a very big pack of stuff though, I'm too lazy to check but I'm pretty sure it fits on a 2gb card
>>
>>3942597
Yeah, I know that.

I just don't want to have to rely on obsolete SD cards that aren't even manufactured anymore.
>>
>>3942615
well you picked the wrong board to not want to rely on obsolete discontinued hardware
non-hc cards however are both plentiful and still manufactured in china
>>
>>3942597
>but I'm pretty sure it fits on a 2gb card
You could potentially have multiple thousand copies of all three versions of GBI and still have room left on a 2GB card. For the current version, standard is ~250kb, Low Latency is ~180kb, and Ultra Low Latency is ~70kb.

Not sure where all the 2GB talk comes from; I have HomeBros set to automatically load up Swiss which is sitting on a 8GB microSD in an adapter.
>>
>>3942630
2GB is the limitation of the software on the AR disk that loads the gecko
obviously loading with another method like melee won't have that issue
>>
>>3942447
>>3942551
You can get a Super Famicom controller to GameCube adapter.
Super NES controllers also work but I prefer using the term Super Famicom.

I highly recommend the Japan-only Hori Game Boy Player controller may be too rare and expensive for you.

>>3942461
My backup laptop can burn mini-DVDs, what kind of disc drive do you have?

Also, go here if you want a combined disc for Game Boy Interface and Swiss:
http://retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html
>>
>>3942414
Yes

>>3942447
>not using a gba as a controller to play gba games on a game cube game boy player
It's like you're not even trying

>>3942461
>mini DVDs
Sounds like you got the wrong model GC
>>
>>3942749
>>not using a gba as a controller to play gba games on a game cube game boy player
>It's like you're not even trying
You know the original GBA's D-pad is the exact same size as the Gamecube controller's D-pad?

It's the same part, actually.
>>
>>3942757
You know no one complained about the size?
>>
>>3943136
It's the exact same D-pad as the D-pad he suggested using as an alternative.

Exact same part.
>>
>>3942757
GBA SP's d-pad is good.
>>
>>3942586
I have a spare 2GB card from a 3DS and I have a modded Wii for loading Gamecube backups, so the card is only for homebrew.
>>
I thought it was great. I kinda wish it didn't need an optical disk to work though.
>>
>>3942414
It's pretty bad with the stock software. Interlaced, stuttery, laggy, blurry. But with GBI it's awesome.
>>
>>3942757
Not me but neat fact.
>>
>>3943138
A dpad isn't one part. It's the entire mechanism.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_2220278.jpg (4MB, 5216x2934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_2220278.jpg
4MB, 5216x2934px
>>3942447 (You)
>>3942551
>>3942706
SNES pad converter is truly the best way to play, desu.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjtD1mOZlPc
>>
It's decent, and as far as I know the only official method of playing GBC and GBA games on a television that isn't shoddy emulation.

It's probably the best method as long as you have:
>overpriced component cables available for over $200
>method of launching Game Boy Interface homebrew
and
>HORI Gameboy Player controller available for over $100
or
>SNES to Gamecube controller adapter
>>
>>3945435
Literally this.

Unless your GameCube is one of the newer ones without the digital port, then you should get that GCVideo mod from Badass Consoles.

But if you have a PAL GameCube, you can use a SCART cable as a slightly cheap alternative.
>>
>>3945435
>overpriced component cables available for over $200
They're only "overpriced" for children who missed the boat on the console and now have to rely on scalpers. IIRC I paid around $30 for mine brand new from Nintendo, which wasn't bad at all considering the quality.
>>
>>3945446
>they're only overpriced if you have to buy them

Not very smart, are ya?
>>
>>3945435
Even over S-Video, the picture quality you're gonna get from the GC using GBI is still going to be really good looking.

There's also the route that some people were taking: Buying PAL GCs for RGB compatibility.

You're going to be running homebrew anyway and using RGB, so color encoding and default output resolution really don't matter at that point.
>>
>>3945454
Smart enough that I didn't have to wait for some YouTube celebrity to tell me how to get good video quality, at least.
>>
>>3945463
>/vr/ is youtube

You alright, mate?
>>
>>3945469
Are you seriously claiming it isn't? See >>3945417
>>
>>3945472
>trying this hard
>failing this hard
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.