[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question but it's pretty specific so let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Nba-jam-dunk.png (50KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
Nba-jam-dunk.png
50KB, 400x254px
I have a question but it's pretty specific so let's just turn this into a general retro sports game thread.

Is the genesis version of NBA Jam any good?
>>
Yea its awesom
>>
Super Tecmo Bowl is some serious comfy shit, though...unless you go against Bo Jackson.
>>
>>3941410

It's excellent, less colors than the Snes version but unlike Snes it has music playing during the match (which really adds to the feel) and its all very fast and there's no sluggish feeling.

Genesis T.E. is great too, but Hangtime really suffered from the lack of colors.
>>
What did Shaka-Laka Boom-ka-Shaka mean?

It's better on Super Nintendo.
>>
>>3942349
Most multiplats are better on SNES. That's the rule-of-thumb.
>>
>>3941410
NBA Jam T.E. on Genesis is the best 4th gen version apart from the arcade. The gameplay is quick as shit, the music is pretty damn good and the graphics aren't bad when compaired to the SNES or Sega CD. It's also pretty cheap to get a cart and enjoyable enough for normies to like it.
>>
File: islneFE.png (312KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
islneFE.png
312KB, 500x375px
>>3942349

>An onomatopoeic "in your face."
>Originally the sound of a slam-dunk in basketball
>-- the "boom" being the dunk, and the "shakalaka"
>being the rattling of the backboard.
>>
BOOM SHAKA LAKA
>>
FROM DOWNTOWN
>>
File: IMG_2033.jpg (26KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2033.jpg
26KB, 512x288px
>>3942504

>HE'S ON FIRE!!!!!

Also, mfw I have a copy of T.E. sitting in my room right now
>>
File: streethooptitle.png (12KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
streethooptitle.png
12KB, 304x224px
NBA Jam is pretty cool, but Street Hoop is the best arcade basketball game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLLyd7ZQuoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSC0p5C-3-Q

The best thing is that it allows skilled players to possibly play a full game on one coin. You have to be in the lead at the end of the first half, and then win the game, but you can then keep playing without any continues.
>>
>>3941410
NO GOOD!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.