[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite party setup for this game? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (18KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
18KB, 250x248px
What was your favorite party setup for this game?

Also FF7 discussion.
>>
My 1st playthrough it was Cloud, Yuffie, and Cait Sith (named Cait Sit by mistake)
>>
>>3939828
Cloud/Cid/Barret
Great offense and defense, bros before hos
>>
>>3939843
Decent limits between the three of them too.
>>
File: PILLAR_1a.png (275KB, 384x640px) Image search: [Google]
PILLAR_1a.png
275KB, 384x640px
Cloud, Barret, Tifa are my crew. It's all about the OGs.

Also, good this thread has come up, it's about time for my routine playthrough, will be my 10th. Still finding out new things and taking new thoughts away as my life changes.
>>
File: 1252716984123.jpg (246KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1252716984123.jpg
246KB, 900x720px
>>3939878
>and taking new thoughts away as my life changes.
Welcome to the club.
If you're not in your 30s yet, it gets even more interesting. And not just FF7. JRPGs have taken on all kinds of cool and probably unintended meanings as I age.

>>3939828
Cloud, Cid, Yuffie/Tifa
Prefer Yuffers once I get the Conformer. Barret's fun at times too. I sometimes switch out Cid for him when I want more of a tank character that's also a shit-talking tough guy like Cid.
>>
>>3939904
>Cloud, Cid, Yuffie/Tifa

Same here. Yuffies all creation would guarantee a 9999 to all enemies, so used her more often.
>>
>>3939828
Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent

Yuffie for stealing and Vinnie because death penalty is OP as fuck. If only I could switch Cloud out of the party I would have Cid instead.
>>
>>3939828
First playthrought and so far I really like Cloud Barret and Aerith.
>>
Cloud, Cid and Tifa, the three group leaders and Chocobo Riders.
>>
>>3939930
Hi5.
>>
>>3939828
Cloud/Tifa/Aeristhsth, ultimate harem mode

Barrett even calls you out on it when you leave Midgar. I think they have different lines for every configuration you go with
>>
Cloud, Cid, Vincent.

Hard habit to break.
>>
Cloud, Cid, Red XIII
I'm actively chuckling at all of you who use Yuffie.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (134KB, 311x372px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
134KB, 311x372px
>>3940317
>furr fag
>Not using best girl
>>
>>3940317
She's no Selphie but she does conform.
>>
I thought the non-magic characters were shit but I was playing it wrong all these years by putting materia in every slot possible.
>>
>>3939828
Cloud/Yuffie/Cid
>>
>>3940317
>I'm actively chuckling at all of you who use Yuffie.

Why? Everyone knows that Yuffie's at the very least the second best girl in the game.
>>
Cloud, Tifa, Sid. No eye contact during a devil's three way.
>>
Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie.
>>
>>3939828
Cloud, Tifa, Vincent
>>
>>3940153
Yeah, it's pretty funny. He says something like:

"Had a feeling you'd do that.."

Really enjoy the playful camaraderie this game has.
>>
>ITT: Cloud / Gurl u liek / Cid
>>
>>3941753
>Really enjoy the playful camaraderie this game has.

I've found that it just disarms you for the hard-hitting moments. Like when Tifa questions whether Aeries knew she was going to die, or if she expected to come back.

It is weird how none of it feels out of place in such a large and complex story.
>>
>>3941763

>Cloud / one bro / one ho
>>
>>3939828
C-Loud cause you almost always must take him as leader (and thats why he was strongest), Tifa and Yuffie because theyre girls (Aerith/-s is girl too but she´s out on patrol)
>>
File: aeris_0hp.png (34KB, 864x760px) Image search: [Google]
aeris_0hp.png
34KB, 864x760px
>>3941916
> one ho
with the small stipulation that she survives the story
>>
>>3939828
Fuck this game.
>>
>>3941963
Why does she have three eyeballs?
>>
Cloud/Barret/RedXIII is honestly the group I enjoy the most. You actually get a lot of different dialogue all over the game depending on who you bring.

And that part where the fucking dog dresses up in human clothes
>>
>>3941969
hurr durr, that's her life materia you idiot. have you even played ff7?
>>
>>3941979
why would I I already know what happens
>>
>>3941969
she doesn't, the thing in the back is her materia

why is she cummin tho
>>
>>3941983
you clearly don't though
>>
>when younger
cloud, aeris, red
her level 3 limit gave both her team mates their limits, competely broken

>today
cloud, cid, fuckidontknow
>>
>>3939828
cloud
barret
nanaki
>>
Cloud, Vincent and either Red XIII or Barret. Don't really remember any more.
>>
>>3939948

That's good, Anon. That's...real good, man.
>>
>>3939828
On Disc 1, it was:
Cloud, Tifa, Aeris (renamed her Aerith in my next playthroughs after I played Kingdom Hearts I)
On Disc 2 and after, it was:
Cloud, Tifa, Barrett
>>
>>3943323
You need to drop namefagging.
>>
>>3943326
Namefagging makes it easier for me to search my posts in the archives.
You wanna know where I got my name?
>>
>>3943328
Stop impersonating me.
>>
>>3943331
Stop impersonating me.
Also, I'm a huge faggot.
>>3943328
Generally people only want to find their old posts if there's either substance to them, or substance around them, I really don't see why you'd namefag for that purpose in a thread such as this, furthermore, if you wanted to find this thread again you could just keep a .txt with the subject and date of the op, why not do that instead?
>>
Well to be honest, I namefag to make an impression. In the place of anonymity one with a name is a little above everyone else. When they see ol' Swift commenting, they might remember me from an another thread. Little by little they get to know me better. I will become the board for them. I'm doing this for them, not for myself. Anyone can be anon but there's only one Swift S. Lawliet.
>>
>>3943341
Huge is literal, he is 6'8" and can probably beat you impersonators up
>>
>>3943347
No no no. I'm actually fighter for love. You see, Lawliet is the way my disabled mother called me when she tried to say "lovely". The S stands for "sexy" and Swift is for my swift analytic thinking.

I love you all and I know you love me.
>>
>>3943323
>>3943326
>>3943331
>>3943341
>>3943342
>>3943349
>the name has "Swift" on it
>go to archives and search for Swift S. Lawliet's posts
>"he" mentioned that "he" has a lot of exes, just like how Taylor Swift writes many of her songs about her exes
>"he" also said that people say "he" is a "bishie" who looks like Taylor Swift, a slight clue on this investigation
>"he" said that "he" is very tall and his "girlfriend" is very short and loves "his" long legs and that it makes "him" very cute and hot, Taylor Swift is known for being pretty tall and having nice legs, both of which are known to improve her beauty
>"he" claims that you can summon "him" by posting something about Studio Ghibli or Taylor Swift and says that "he" is a fan of both, maybe "his" love for Taylor Swift and "his" resemblances are actually something else
>"he" is also a fan of Mr. Enter and says that he looks like Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift is close friends with Ed Sheeran and is rumored to be dating him

Are you sure that namefag isn't Taylor Swift trying to post under a pseudonym on the Internet even if she left some clues on her actual identity?

She is posting some mysteries about her.
>>
File: Delete this now.png (210KB, 580x319px) Image search: [Google]
Delete this now.png
210KB, 580x319px
>>3943350
No, I am not Taylor Swift, even if I am a fan of her.
Please delete this garbage now before you derail the thread or give the anons alternate interpretations of me
>>
>>3943342
and then they were two
>>
>>3943353
You think this is a mother fucking game? Good person's internet fame is at stake here and you have to keep flaming this shit.

If you want to face me Swift S. Lawliet-style, you better prepare yourself. I have many followers in numerous forums and chats and I can make them do all the dirty work for me to punish you. Watch your step, little one.
>>
get swifty
>>
>>3939828
Cid and Yuffie, ofc.
>>
File: swiftyslawliet.png (87KB, 800x986px) Image search: [Google]
swiftyslawliet.png
87KB, 800x986px
>>3943360
>>3943359
>>3943353
>>3943349
>>3943342
>>3943341
>>3943331
>>3943328
>>
Welp, gotta abandon thread with a bang before something else happens.

Drop everything now!
>>
What a fucking shitshow
>>
>>3943378
https://www.discogs.com/artist/5330737-Swift-S-Lawliet

http://originaltrilogy.com/user/Swift-S-Lawliet/id/24553

https://steamcommunity.com/id/SwiftSLawliet

We will find you. No matter where you go. Anyone can be anon, but there can only be one Swift S. Lawliet
>>
>>3943384
apparently there's a normal speed S. Lawliet who appears to be russian
>>
>>3943407
Do you think there also exists a below normal speed S. Lawliet who is Belarusian? Also you should check out his posts in the archive
>>
https://boards.4tan.org/_/search/username/Swift S. Lawliet/
You're welcome.
>>
How is your daughter doing?
>>
>>3943421
Maybe, but I'm more curious about a very fast S. Lawliet.

One time I met a S. Lawliet of the swift variety on /v/. You could check for him there on the archive as well.
>>
>>3943430
Whoops, I meant to type in niece at that time.
She's okay now.
>>
>>3943428
It seems there's absolutely no reason for me to namefag.

But I still do it. Funny.
>>
>>3943439
Do you think George Lucas is a weeb?
>>
>>3943446
I'm not sure but I think not.
>>
Cloud because he is mandatory
Cid because he's actually good and days some funny shit
Tifa because she has the biggest tits
>>
>>3943458
Wrong thread buddy. This one is about me.
>>
>>3943467
Reddit AMA when?
>>
>>3939904
>If you're not in your 30s yet, it gets even more interesting.
What does this have to do with anything? How does the game suddenly change when you're in your 30s?
>>
>>3939828

Original playthrough was Cloud Vincent Tiffa before that that i ran Barret. Didn't know how to unlock yuffie so I never got her.
>>
>>3943478
As soon as you turn 30, the game will become very boring to you no matter how much you loved it when you were 29.
That's just the way it goes.
>>
>>3939878
>Cloud, Barret, Tifa are my crew. It's all about the OGs.
this. i'm a sucker for story and that lineup feels the tightest, narratively. i'm okay with the shortcomings, not like FF7 is a hard game.

>Still finding out new things and taking new thoughts away as my life changes.
this too. i went from impressionable teenager to jaded twenty-something and then to a post-human being entirely disattached from the social dogma
>>
>>3939948
>so far I really like Cloud Barret and Aerith.
yeah...
>>
>>3939948
>Aerith.
Who?
>>
File: 1471741500939.png (554KB, 790x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471741500939.png
554KB, 790x1080px
>>3943514
Is this some meme that I never heard of?
>>
>>3943514
32, can confirm bullshit.
>>
>>3939930
https://youtu.be/ixFjDrtd1e4

Best party, yet so rare.
>>
It doesn't really matter who you have if you have good, maxed out materia. I think last time I used cloud, Tifa, Cid.

>>3939904
>If you're not in your 30s yet, it gets even more interesting. And not just FF7. JRPGs have taken on all kinds of cool and probably unintended meanings as I age.
Early 30's here, can confirm.

I started replaying Chrono Cross recently. The whole thing was too intense for me, and I had to keep stopping. For one, it was an intense nostalgia trip, because it was basically the last game of my childhood. But beyond that, the beautiful art style and music were kind of overwhelming to my senses. And most of all, the whole goddamn game is about death and loss, something that means a bit more to you as you age.

That game was not made for children.
>>
Cloud/Barret/Nanaki

I like Barret and Nanaki having damn near matching final Limit Breaks, and of course Cloud is mandatory.
>>
Tifa because the Power Soul is one piece of gear that's actually kinda unique in 7.
and Yuffie for early Conformer
>>
>>3943714
>CC
Would play if they released a version with optional random encounters.
Actually I think I started playing it. It must have not been that good if I dumped it.
>>
>>3943809
It doesn't have random encounters, and you can literally run from every single fight in the game, even bosses.

>It must have not been that good if I dumped it.
You sound like someone who has no friends.
>>
>>3943714
Speaking of Chrono Cross:
https://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=cross

A great write up about it. Here's an excerpt from the end that doesn't really spoil it, but sets the tone perfectly:

>I couldn't recommend Chrono Cross to any of my friends without warning them in advance that it will gravely disappoint them. It's impossible for it not to. They will be spending thirty hours putting up with a pain in the ass combat system, only to reach the end of a story whose conclusion is slightly less of a disaster than the Hindenburg.
>And yet, I find myself really liking and even sort of admiring Chrono Cross.
>Kato's mistake is that he approaches a New Media product with an Old Media mindset -- as a writer/director rather than a designer/developer. Maybe I have a soft spot for Cross because of personal sympathy. Kato is a writer in a game designer's world. It is a hard thing to suspect that you've dedicated yourself to an expressive craft that is on the verge of obsolesence -- but that's another kettle of fishmen entirely. Though he goes about it wrong, Kato tried his damndest to create something that would stick in players' minds and hearts, even after they wound up their controllers, put Disc 2 back in the case, and moved on to the next game in their backlog. Cross is a big-budget, mainstream game that strives to be something more than popular shlock, which is especially impressive in the context of today's marketing focus group-controlled industry. As a Chrono fan, I'm content with the series bowing out on such a note. It's surely preferable to watching it cannibalize itself with an endless procession of increasingly mediocre and overinflated sequels. (The world does not need another Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, or Final Fantasy.)
>Makes you wish that all our shortfalls could be so compelling.
>>
>>3944353
I actually really like the combat system. It's more like a puzzle than a regular jrpg combat systems. Once you break the puzzle (and I'm not saying it's hard or anything), it can feel a little casual. But at least it's interesting and unique.

Agree with the rest though.
>>
File: FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg (26KB, 850x345px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg
26KB, 850x345px
Cid, Tifa and Cloud
>>
>>3940342
>playing it wrong all these years by putting materia in every slot possible.
I don't see how that's playing it wrong. The game is easy enough that there is no need to minmax by even paying attention to the stats that materia effects. Best to load them all up so the AP you get goes to good use.
>>
>>3939828
Best team IMO was Cloud, Yuffie, Red XIII

>Cloud over all monster of the game has best states and gives 0/0 fucks (dude can kill Ruby Weapon all by himself given the right strategy)

>Yuffie just simply does most damage with her Limit Breaks Bloodfest/Doom of the Living and if I recall correctly builds it the quickest thus making her a DPS machine

>Red XIII makes for a surprising mage. Simple as a magic using character can get.
>>
>>3945732
Hey fag, it's time to stop namefagging.
>>
>>3943796
I spent forever on the Glenika morphing fucked up monsters into stat Sources.
>>
Disc 1: Tifa and Aeris because boobs.
Disc 2: Tifa and I guess Cid. Fuck Yuffie.
>>
>>3943514
This literally happened to me. I'm not even kidding. At 29, I was still firing up ZSNES and PCSX2 every now and then. Rewatching DBZ once a year, watching Star Wars, into Game of Thrones, and so on. Now, 32-year-old me could give a fuck about any of that. I was in a bookstore and they were playing orchestrated VG music on the speakers. I had to leave because it was too awkward.
>>
>>3945909
Happens to some. A good friend of mine is 37 and still enjoys retro games, and a lot of newer games. He's still looking forward to the FF7 remake (which I can't agree totally with, but he's entitled to his opinion.) and stuff like that.

Honestly, it just varies based on your situation and priorities, I'd imagine.
>>
>>3945939
I'm 33 and I like retro games now more than ever. It's modern video games I can't stand.
>>
>>3945945
I'm in with this. Modern video games have shot past the point of diminishing returns in terms of their cost (including the consoles which aren't cheap, and the HDTV required to run them on).

It's like they got so into the idea of "video games as art" that they ended up making neither video games nor art.

Doesn't bother me though, there's so many great pre-PS3/360 games worth playing that I'll never run out of them.
>>
>>3945952

I completely agree. Couldn't have said it better.
>>
>>3945952
I have friends who are programmers at major game studios. According to all of them, the industry is overflowing with people who got rejected from Hollywood. Sort of explains why games have been so obsessed with "telling a story" in the most dumb, clumsy way possible for the past few years.

If I want a great story, I'll watch a movie or read a book. Games are a great, new media because of the interactivity. But now every game is just a terrible movie that you have to do some braindead task every 20 minutes to keep the story going.
>>
>>3945959
Video games can tell stories, but it either requires CYOA levels of interactivity (really not hard on modern technology if they spent less time on bullshit), or have it where playing the game is the story though the only example of this that has really done this well is Dark Souls, though FF7 (bringing the thread back) does this really well through its fantastic pre-rendered backdrops that flesh out the world more than any other aspect.

I think the real shame is that so many "experience" games are shamefully "feels" based.
>>
>>3945952
>Modern video games have shot past the point of diminishing returns in terms of their cost (including the consoles which aren't cheap, and the HDTV required to run them on).

I disagree with this quite strongly. It's not about cost at all, most of them are just bad games. Bad games because of handholding, achievement clutter, PC genres designed to be played with controllers, obnoxious political agendas that are painfully obvious in dialog, characters and plot etc etc etc. So bad you'd have to pay me money to play them and good money too. I do have and maintain a high end PC though for the rare exceptions to the rule and for emulation because I'm not paying some greaseball on ebay top dollar for a scratched CD or a cartridge with a dying battery and no booklet or box. Fuck that.

Different priorities, I guess.
>>
>>3945909
>Rewatching DBZ once a year
All of it? Aren't there like hundred of fucking episodes? Take it easy maybe? Find some new shonen anime to watch? If you like something that much, try waiting 3 or more years before you rewatch it. That way it's almost like watching it the first time again because you'l forget a bunch of it.
>>
>>3945995

I keep a pretty good Mac just for emulation myself. Over ten thousand games at my fingertips.
>>
Cloud, Vincent, Cait sith.

jk lol
>>
>>3939840
I did the same thing my first playthrough, but, it was mostly because I was a dumb kid.

I grew up in a super conservative household, so, curse words weren't really allowed. I was playing through the game just fine till my save file was overwritten by a a sibling of mine. So my friend was playing it with me and he was around the same area, so I just asked him to copy his save over. He had named every party member besides Cloud, Yuffie, and Cait Sith something derogatory.

I got really good at slots for the most part though because of it.
>>
>>3946018
How's emulating on mac?
>>
>>3939828
Cloud Aeris Tifa
then
Cloud Yuffie Cid
was good FF entry for a single playthrough, but there's just not enough variety for replays (lots of pretty bad padding segments as well). I also never bothered with chocobo breeding and racing, felt like a cruel joke at player's expense.
>>
>>3946052
that's a good story though
>>
>>3943328
just call yourself anonymoos or something
>>
If you want the strongest party its - Sephiroth + anybody you like + anybody you want
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.