[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the life of me, I can't get ePSX running silent hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: SH recommended settings.png (567KB, 1469x535px) Image search: [Google]
SH recommended settings.png
567KB, 1469x535px
For the life of me, I can't get ePSX running silent hill no matter the configuration I try, everything fails and all I get in Google is a lot of dead links or configurations that, again, just don't work, most plug-ins are terrible outdated and stuff.

So please /vr/, give me a helping hand here, I just want to share this amazing game with the new generations.

Pic related, another guide that doesn't work for shit.
>>
>>3939492
>ePSXe
There's your problem, use Mednafen on Retroarch.
>>
>>3939494

this
>>
>>3939494
Will give them a try, thank you.

Any plug in or configuration shenanigans I should be aware of?
>>
>>3939492
weird, I use XEBRA and ePSXe for my PSX emulation and SH has always worked.

Go figure...

I gues you could try XEBRA, it's pretty easy to set up and run. and you dont even need a BIOS.
>>
>>3939504
I had no issues playing it on my older laptop, but that was using ePSX 1.3 or something like that, many years ago, and even so, >>3939509 also can run it somehow.

I'll give retroarch and madnafen a try for now, thanks again guys.
>>
>>3939523
That guy was just shitposting (just report and hide), good luck though, it shouldnt be too hard getting SH to run on the alternatives given in this thread.
>>
>>3939492
Don't use defunct plugin based emulators.
>>
I had a hell of a time getting it to run correctly on epsxe too. I don't remember the plugin configuration I used though :(.

But i can say don't poopoo older plugins because they have a newer version available. I think i used some of the older plugins to get the best results.
>>
>>3939492
you're kidding me right? that's one of the easiest games to emulate. Maybe get a better version. You're gonna be fine.
>>
Getting a lot of different messages with this thread.
>>
>>3941879
my post wasn't serious, I just posted to bump the thread
>>
>>3939492
I found a prepackaged ps1 emulator for it back in the day
>>
File: SH1.gif (407KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
SH1.gif
407KB, 470x300px
The vast majority of video pluggins in ePSXe get rid of the dithering in Silent Hill.

Use pSXfin emulator. No plugging bullshit to configure and the game looks better that way. And I'm not even a "muuh authenticity scanlines" fags.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.