[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time I'm really dealing with .NRG files. Any tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot (43).png (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (43).png
128KB, 1366x768px
First time I'm really dealing with .NRG files. Any tips on what I should do to access the game & is it normal for older games to have .NRG files? I hear Daemon Tools works but I'd like a little more insight.
>>
File: 1491699110718.jpg (255KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491699110718.jpg
255KB, 640x480px
Yea, it's a Rockman Strategy thread. I heard someone was able to get it working? Anyone know how to get this troublesome thing working, been trying to figure it out for ages.
>>
>>3937948
NRG are Nero Burning ROM disc image format.
Though, I've never tried it with multi-CD games, have you tried with Alcohol 120%? using virtual drives. Also Alcohol 120% can probably dump those files to standard ISO format, just mount them and then rip them, if there's encryption Alcohol 120% can get around it easily (SecuROM and similar).

Do this:
>mount the images to virtual drive with Alcohol 120%
>try installing the game

If it installs and works it's all good, otherwise:
>mount them to virtual drives
>check if they're protected with a tool like YaPS, Protection ID or ClonyXXL

If there is protection:
>rip them from the virtual drive using Alcohol 120% choosing the respective protection settings
>unmount them
>mount disc one new rip to a virtual drive letter and start installing
>when it asks for disc 2 unmount disc one and mount 2nd new rip on *same* drive letter
>continue install

It should work. You won't know till you try anyway.
>>
/g/ generally recommends WinCDEmu for mounting disc images. It even has a portable version. They take issue with stuff like Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% because those include adware.
>>
>>3938748
WinCDEmu has no features for protected discs and it cannot convert images to ISO format iirc, though if OP's rips have no SecuROM protection on them, then it could probably work without problems too.
>>
File: RMSLG-front.jpg (36KB, 270x316px) Image search: [Google]
RMSLG-front.jpg
36KB, 270x316px
>>3938717
>>3938748
Thanks Anon's for the suggestion & keeping the thread alive. I'm going to open up a virtual machine & see what I can do. Might take a bit since I'm heading out for a bit. I'll come back if I get any results.
>>
Okay back. I'm taking steps to start up the virtual machine.
If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>3938071
aw damn good luck bro
>>
>>3940628
Thanks
>>
>>3939413
>virtual machine.
Why? there's no need, a virtual drive is not a virtual machine. Google it.
The program I recommended (Alcohol 120%) has the most user-friendly settings and does everything automatically in a few clicks, that's why I recommended in the first place.
>>
>>3941026
Because last time I remembered turning it into an ISO, I got an error along the lines of "The version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running." If I am correct. I'm still gonna take your advice anon.
>>
>>3941026
Just like I thought, Won't work on Windows 10. Trying XP now.
>>
File: Screenshot (44).png (405KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (44).png
405KB, 1366x768px
Let's see how it goes.
>>
File: Screenshot (45).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (45).png
1MB, 1366x768px
I guess the road isn't finished. Any more tips? Wish that guy who got it to work was here to give me advice. Apparently, I missed him a few weeks back.
>>
File: 1486961109555.jpg (20KB, 384x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486961109555.jpg
20KB, 384x332px
>>3941296
>Because last time I remembered turning it into an ISO, I got an error along the lines of "The version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running."
What in the fricking hell are you using to convert this damn NRG to ISO?
Stop whatever the heck you're doing and install Alcohol 120% right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_120%25
>Supported file formats for image mounting:
>.nrg/.nri Nero Burning ROM
>it is capable of converting image files to the ISO format.

Get it for free:
https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=Alcohol%20120%%20v1.9.8.7612.rar

This version of the archive is the one I use and it's safe:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9d3dc53b66c6ce775a056b094d3f34f6d54282c15717bb8a99138edc37b53350/analysis/
>>
>>3942627
Did you try changing the locale to JP? looks exactly like what I was getting when I tried to play eroge before changing the system settings.
It could be a message window about missing play disc in the drive, which means you need to keep one of the 2 discs mounted to play the game.
>>
>>3943242
It's the fact that the game is incredibly old is why it didn't work.
I even used Alcohol 120% to run it on my computer, said that ihis app doesn't work. Which is why I used the virtual drive on the virtual machine & got this far. By the way, thank you for showing me Alchol 120%. I think I'm almost there.

>>3943636
I only have one of the two discs mounted. The second disc is just the soundtrack if I am to be correct. I'll try changing the locale like you said.
>>
File: Screenshot (48).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (48).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>3943636
Okay, got this error this time, probably the same, and I can't highlight it to get it translated, anyone wanna try it out? Maybe I need to change the locale to something else?
I've also tried reinstalling while under thai & it gave me the same error.
Once Again, Thanks guys for at least getting me this far & not letting the thread to rot.
>>
>>3944327
Doesn't simply pressing ctrl+c while having a message box open copy its contents or is that a thing that didn't happen until later Windows OSs?
>>
>>3944346
No, just gives me 15 -'s
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.