[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this supposed to be any good? It seems to be a love-or-hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is this supposed to be any good?

It seems to be a love-or-hate game and I've played through the first few levels which have been a pain in the ass.

Does it get any better? What is your opinion on Street Fighter 2010?
>>
It's an interesting concept, but with many flaws. It gives you a lot of different ways to attack and very cool acrobatic moves—rarely seen in NES game. It also has quite different missions, again unusual for NES games. However, it doesn't *quite* manage to pull all of this off perfectly. The controls can be a pain in the ass very often, while the enemies are incredibly fast and dangerous.
Unfortunately, I'd say the latter killed the game for me. It feels simply unfair sometimes. When you take damage, you lose your precious upgrades, making you way weaker when you're already pretty weak. In some areas I just plain don't know how you can win without abusing the game. It feels like they tried a game too ambitious and made it way too hard. It needed too much fleshing out for such a small game.
>>
>>3937608
Play a real fighting game, scrub.
>>
>>3937608

I hope you have either save states or a strategy guide if you didn't grow up playing it, otherwise be ready for some rage.
>>
I played it on a rental once as a kid and didn't get into it. Like many (I assume), I was confused by the failure of any Street Fighter characters to appear.

As an adult, I saw the AVGN video on it and gathered that it might actually be a good game. I tried it, and it was. I decided to try to finish it without continuing (can you continue at all? I don't remember, but if you can then I didn't want to). It took many tries and I eventually succeeded. I had fun along the way. I found it to be a good challenge; it didn't feel unfair to me. The combat was satisfying and the stage design was surprisingly strange. I think it is a good game with no major flaws except for the silly name.
>>
>>3937809
>>3937639
Git gud.
>>3937652
Nobody ever said it was.
>>
The game's too easy.
>>
>>3937608
I personally like the difficulty factor in it, it's tough but the infinite continues is very convenient so it's never too frustrating to have to play a level again since they're typically not too long but there is a decent amount of levels. Overall solid game with great graphics, great gameplay, and good music. Sucks that an avgn review basically made it so a lot of people won't enjoy it.
>>
>>3937608

It's one of those games that you'll spend some solid time to finally beat it and afterward you'll never even want to look at it again.
>>
>>3939720
He didn't even say the game was bad in the review just hard and frustrating as shit
>>
>>3939720
He actually was pretty positive to the game when all was said and done.

In fact that was one of his most positive reviews that focused on one game solely.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.