[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with fairies in Zelda? You have one that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

What's the deal with fairies in Zelda?
You have one that follows you around everywhere, pointing out things you already know, but won't do anything actually helpful. Then you've got these other fairies that heal you and bring you back to life, seemingly ending their own life to do so. Yet these pink fairies who will sacrifice themselves to save you get unceremoniously caught and carried around in a little jar. And not only does the fairy that follows you around the whole time not care that you're doing this, but the pink fairy will still sacrifice itself to save your life even though you treat them this way.

And yet the fairy that's supposed to be helping you on your quest will just let you die.
>>
I'm pretty sure the fairies don't die, they just vanish.
>>
>>3937567
Still doesn't explain why Navi won't heal you. Or why she's okay with you kidnapping fairies and holding them in little glass jars. Is it like that whole Pluto/Goofy thing where Mickey has a dog but also has a best friend who is a dog? Are pink fairies less evolved or something? They are just kinda hovering over water all the time like mosquitoes...
>>
Wait I thought Link ate the faries.
>>
>>3937567
They go back to their mom, the great fairly.
>>
Well, they're called fairy spirits in ocarina and majora, when you have your own fairy. Not positive, but I think they only call them simply "fairies" when you don't have one of your own.
>>
File: fairies.png (204KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fairies.png
204KB, 640x360px
>>3937542
>tfw Zelda fairies aren't fluffy balls of light.
>They're people-shaped but you just can't see them
>>
File: OOTconcept.jpg (660KB, 1275x1732px) Image search: [Google]
OOTconcept.jpg
660KB, 1275x1732px
>>3939217
OOT concept art shows Navi as a Wilma Flintstone-like redhead qt
>>
File: 18hayf1bb90ubjpg.jpg (119KB, 636x931px) Image search: [Google]
18hayf1bb90ubjpg.jpg
119KB, 636x931px
>>
>>3939242
reminds me of that comic where the guy is playing Zelda and imagining Link opening his ribcage to add another heart to the twenty he already has.
>"What do you see in that game?"
>"EVERYTHING."
>>
>>3937542
what's with this thread?
>>
File: tumblr_oh7s20jUSN1r4yxpso1_500.png (230KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh7s20jUSN1r4yxpso1_500.png
230KB, 500x281px
>>3940643
>>
>>3939217
They're supposed to be little women that irradiate light which is why they look like balls of light in the n64 games.
>>
read up on fairy mythology bitch
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>3941258
They look like balls of light because Navi was hard to see when targeting when she was a pixie looking thing.

Also in the toon style games, Fairies are sometimes called "forest fairies" and appear like diminutive spell casters.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.