[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is currently the best option for emulating all retro consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What is currently the best option for emulating all retro consoles on your HDTV? Including Dreamcast.
>>
Getting the original consoles, flash carts, and a good consumer CRT. Don't fall for the PVM meme.

Or do a retro pi thing.
>>
>>3936646
I'm selling my original consoles
>>
Probably a hdmi connection between your tv and computer.
>>
I would like to just sit down and use a controller. Messing with my pc is annoying.
>>
>>3936668
If you want that then play on real consoles. Alternatively, bite the bullet and invest the time setting up a front end for your emulators that's comfy for you.
>>
>>3936641
grab your laptop, install some emulators and connect it to your tv.
>>
get pc thats powerful enough for pcsx2 and and a few controllers and your golden for emulation
>>
>>3936646
tell me more about the PVM meme anon. you look so knowledgeable about them.
>>
>>3936817
This.

>>3936646
top keks kiddo
>>
>>3936654
why post here then?
>>
>>3936646
t. poorfag
>>
>>3936668
Yeah when you stipulate you want Dreamcast emu also I don't think there's really another platform for you guy
>>
>>3936641
Hook a PC up, it's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>3936825
PVMs are a sony line of professional monitors that have very nice RGB displays. RGB is a type of input that, for dummies, sends video/color signals separately from the hardware where it is then synced on the tv, essentially it is like the FLAC of retro console video output.

If you have a decent consumer TV that does S video, and get a ~real~ S Video cable, then that is more than fine. If you're nostalgic for RF and want to use that, that's also fine, who cares, it's up to you.

PVMs are a lot of money because they are memes, but Panasonic and JVC also made studio monitors that go for much cheaper and also have RGB. There's a lot more to different models than that, but it's too much to explain. It looks best with 16 Bit games, 2D PSX/Saturn games and like Neo Geo, but IMO for early 3D stuff it doesn't do too much, and for 8 bit systems it becomes a whole bunch of nonsense because for NES you need to modify it and pick a palette and shit.

If you want a small TV on your computer desk to play games on and find a great deal on like a 13 inch PVM or Pana or JVC etc. then I say go for it, it's pretty comfy.
>>
>>3936825
They're like consumer Trinitrons, except smaller and shittier.
They're not made for looks. They're made for analysis.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.