[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good horror point-and-click adventure games that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Silent-Hill-1-Cover.jpg (129KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Hill-1-Cover.jpg
129KB, 600x600px
Are there any good horror point-and-click adventure games that might appeal to my friend who loves Silent Hill?

I'm absolutely addicted to Sierra-style adventure games, and I have a friend whose favorite video game of all time is the original Silent Hill. I'd like to show her an adventure game she might enjoy.

I like the Gabriel Knight games, but while they do have a kind of spooky vibe, they're not really as scary as I'd like.
>>
why does silent hill on ps1 cost so much jesus
>>
Aconcagua is THE middle ground between point and click games and survival horror games. It's not really a horror game, just a survival game but if you're trying to bridge genres for her and get her into something like say Shadow of the Comet or Prisoner of Ice that's the one or if it's not horrifying enough maybe the original Clock Tower
>>
>>3933702
What about I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream?
>>
Yes anon.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (not a point and click but a FPS adventure)
Darkness Within 1 and 2
Scratches (obligatory)
Barrow Hill (got a sequel very recently too)
Dracula: Resurrection and Dracula The Last Sanctuary (PC versions, not ps1 ports because they are horrible)
>>
Better ask this on /v/ so I can recommend you some modern games.
>>
>>3934486
>/v/
>point and click games, modern ones too

pick one. /v/ just knows this >>3933741 and maybe Syberia and Machinarium
>>
>>3934489
Well, as someone who frequents both places and loves point and click adventuregames, I do know a few more. Titles like The Last Door Season 1&2, Fran Bow, Year Walk and the Chzo Mythos series and I second the already mentioned Darkness Within 1 and 2, Scratches and Barrow Hill.
As far as retro goes, you might want to check out the two Dark Seeds, the Clock Tower series, Sanitarium (a personal favourite) and Shadow of the Comet.
>>
Snatcher kind of has some horror elements
>>
>>3934497
Sanitarium is great but it really drops the ball a bit after the small town with the fucked up children.
Shadow of the comet is nice but I find that the Prisoner of Ice aged a lot better visually. Girls are feeble minded creatures, especially those who claim to love SH and they will not dig the lego pixelfuckery that is SOTC.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is also a good detective game that is about Lovecraftian shit.

If you don't mind archaic FMV adventures then the list opens up. The Black Dahlia, Phantasmagoria, Harvester...
>>
>>3934503
>Sanitarium is great but it really drops the ball a bit after the small town with the fucked up children.
Agree. Still a great game.

>Shadow of the comet is nice but I find that the Prisoner of Ice aged a lot better visually.
Again, agreed. But Shadow is a better game and has a better atmosphere.

>Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is also a good detective game that is about Lovecraftian shit.
It's decent I'd say. Wish it would have gone a bit further in either the Sherlockian or the Lovecraftian direction.
>>
>>3933616
Not a point and click but Saya no Uta
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.