[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rumor: Nintendo may be launching a SNES Classic/Mini this ye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (6KB, 250x130px) Image search: [Google]
250px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
6KB, 250x130px
Rumor: Nintendo may be launching a SNES Classic/Mini this year, which might explain why the NES Classic was discontinued.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

If it's true, what games would you want to see on it?
>>
is yoshi's island still forbidden due to sfx chip licensing issues?
>>
I'd like to see it on a store shelf even one single time, if possible.
>>
If the rumor is true, the way the NES Classic was managed will ensure that no SNES classic will see a consumer's hand without first going through second tier resellers. It will be near impossible to walk into a store and outright buy one.
>>
>>3932586
I never saw a single NES Classic in stores. The only times I saw them available for sale was via Gamestop's website, and usually bundled with a bunch of other shit no one wants.
>>
Time to scalp.
>>
I have some doubt for this, as I'd imagine that now Nintendo would want to focus on its virtual console library on the Switch.
However, if it is true then I think it would be very interesting if Nintendo managed to get Square Enix and whoever owns the SuperFX rights on board. Without that support, they might struggle to find 30 games worth putting on the machine.
>>
The emulation will still be garbage, the supply will still be non-existent, and the good games won't be there due to licensing issues.

You can get 100% accurate SNES emulation RIGHT NOW for FREE with far more options and games.
>>
The last vidya I preordered was Halo 2, but I will try to jump on this during the 30 min it's available online. I wish it'll have several of the early Snes releases like Fzero, CIV, Actraiser, Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Pilotwings... lots of nostalgia.
>>
I don't believe this at all, maybe in a couple years but this christmas is all about the switch.
>>
>>3932580
>>3932690
Presumably if my computer can emulate Yoshi's Island just fine without those special chips, Nintendo can figure out a way to do it with a dedicated device.

Still, I don't see the point of these things.
>>
>>3932703
Its for normal people or adults who dont know a thing about emulation that usually buy this stuff for their kids. Nintendo is targeting the nostalgiafags and they know theyll buy it.
>>
>>3932703
Nintendo certainly has the ability to emulate the SFX chip's functions. The problem is that they don't hold the legal license to do so.
>>
>>3932740
>The problem is that they don't hold the legal license to do so.

Do what now?
As long as they don't use any of the original SFX hardware it's legal.
That's why emulators are legal, as long as none of the original assets are used.
>>
>>3932652
Well, they already had some Square support with Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy III on the NES/Famicom Mini.

> they might struggle to find 30 games worth putting on the machine
Imo, there's a lot of good non-Square-Enix or Super FX titles on SNES but the real question is: How much will Konami help? and Natsume? Capcom? And the other games with chips like Pilotwings and Super Mario Kart?
>>
>>3932578
If thks is true I am taking out a bank loan to buy as many as possible...
>>
>>3932578
>what games?
i don't care. netplay is all i want.
>>
>>3932753
Obviously the SNES has more than 30 worthwhile games but when you consider that Nintendo themselves only have 15 or so games that they are likely to include, it's up to third party publishers to fill in the other half.
Somehow it went past my radar that FFI and FFIII were included. I thought that getting Square Enix's help would be likely anyway given how much support they have for the Switch lately.
Maybe they'll be fine.
>>
So this is the future we have:

>no more affordable 1st party emu boxes.
>scalping up the ass.
>succesor devices unmoddable and total rarities.
>THESE ABOMINATIONS.

I just saw in mercadolibre offers of the nes mini at 8000peso (around 400dls)

This is beyond ridiculous!
>>
>>3932752
Then why are games like the original Star Fox and SNES Yoshi's Island not available on Nintendo's virtual console? The only explanation is that it's a licensing issue.
>>
I think the NES Classic would have been cool if it actually played cartridges. As it stands, why wouldn't you just emulate?
>>
File: 1480530757570.jpg (87KB, 637x696px) Image search: [Google]
1480530757570.jpg
87KB, 637x696px
>>3932578
buy every one you can.
nintendo will artificially limit the number of units so they can sell them on ebay and amazon at $500 a pop.
this will guarantee that demand will be way higher than supply and each unit will be worth a butt-load on the secondary market.

the jew fears the samurai because the samurai can out jew the jew.
>>
>>3933005

wouldn't it be in their better interest to actually meet demand, so that nintendo fanboys are actually giving their money to nintendo, and not scalpers?
>>
>>3932998
We would emulate. But we're not the target audience.
>>
>>3932998
It's cute and you can put almost every game on it. If it was reasonably priced I might get one.
>>
>>3933005
>citation needed
>>
Gradius 3
Actraiser
Super Mario Allstars
TMNT 4
Harvest Moon
EarthBound
Killer Instinct
Illusion of Gaia
Kirby Super Star
EVO search for Eden
Super Metroid

I would want to include like 6 million more of course.
>>
the whole scalping thing is fucking stupid imo, a plastic box with 30 games on it is hardly worth the original price but if you're asking MORE than that amount then that's just ridiculous. Even given that the NES Classic had a short production run there's no good reason for it to be worth more than a legitimate, original system.
Thank the retarded consumers that don't have a clue how to handle their own money for this situation.
>>
Romancing SaGa 1, 2 and 3 but it won't happen.
>>
>>3932578
Rumor: Nintendo may actually be stupid enough to try to launch a SNES Classic/Mini despite throwing away any goodwill they had left in their brand by not only making a laughably limited run of the NES Mini, but then discontinuing it entirely despite demand.
>>
>>3932578
>Which might explain why the NES Classic was discontinued

Yeah, that, or:
>They made the maximum potential profit off it it by hyping it up and keeping it in limited demand
>They didn't make as much money off it as they hoped due to people realizing it's nowhere near worth the money
>They only had licensing for a limited run
>It's simply not cost effective to keep producing them to any capacity
>They didn't expect the shit to get hacked right out of the box
>>
File: 1484194573329.jpg (138KB, 607x504px)
1484194573329.jpg
138KB, 607x504px
>>3933021
nintendo are the scalpers; they sell them online under assumed names so no one figures out what they're doing.
limiting supply allows them to maximize per unit profitability. for example, would you rather sell a million units and make $10 a piece thus netting $10 million total, or would you rather sell 28,000 units at $400 each and get the same $10 million total?
>>
>>3933126
nice conspiracy theory
>>
>>3933114
>nintenbros wont still suck their dickz
>>
I know it won't happen, but 4K support would be nice, given it's a multiple of 240p.

If this thing is actually good, it might be better than getting a Framemeister/OSSC for an actual snes
>>
>>3932578

I want to see it powered by ZSNES
>>
There's so many games that would be mandatory for this that it doesn't leave room for any surprises.
>>
>>3933690

Mortal Kombat, Sweat Edition?
>>
Did the nes mini have input lag?

That will need to be a non issue for a SMEs mini for it to be desirable
>>
>>3933748
Yes it does

It doesn't matter though. Even if the SNES Mini has no input lag (it will), you won't be able to get one.
>>
Now do I have any reason to believe that an SNES mini would play out any different than the NES one? I have every reason to believe that this too would be sold out within minutes of launch, never restocked, and discontinued six months later.
>>
>>3933748
it was pretty tolerable if you have a decent TV/monitor. Hardwired non-USB controllers definitely helped.
>>
>>3933761
For context, I can't really notice lag when using retro arch on my wii on an LCD with a wave bird. I assume then I won't notice nes/snes mini lag?
>>
>>3932578
i really dont see the point of this.

>Its a lie! nintendo is not gonna do another classic mini console.

>if it does is gonna be ultra limited again, and we wil get fucked in the ass by scalpers, AGAIN!

>Its not gonna be moddable, Hell, technically it should have been impossible to mod the Mini NES!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.