[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to play this wonderful game in english, please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 20170418_125236.jpg (68KB, 534x950px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_125236.jpg
68KB, 534x950px
I'm trying to play this wonderful game in english, please help!

>inb4 emulators
>>
File: DSC_0662.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0662.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
It's simple.
You go out and buy this.
>>
>>3930863
expensivee, I'd have to get real lucky to find that for cheap. It'd probably be easier for me to just learn Japanese
>>
>>3930881
Well the only other way of playing it on a real console then would be to replace the maskrom on that japanese cart with an english one like it's explained here http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/cheaper-super-mario-rpg-cartridge/. That's how I made my NTSC copy of Kirby Super Star.
Of course this requires some parts + tools and actual competence with a soldering iron.
>>
>>3930857
Does your wife have a kid? If so, get a Retron 5. He or she will love it!
>>
The sad part is this thread is being bumped.
>>
>>3930881
Get a fuckn job neet
>>
>>3930881
if its under 100 its not expensive
>>
>>3930857
>>3930881
what's the fucking point of this thread
>>
It's possible the US room would boot on a UFO with the Japanese cartoon the top but I'm guessing you tried already and failed. You might try dumping the rom from your specific cart then applying an IPS translation patch to it but beyond that I don't know what to suggest.
>>
>>3931135
the modern retro collector ladies and gentlemen

Man I can't wait to pay $300 for some old catridge and set it on my shelf while the components deteriorate
>>
>>3931148
Doing that might work, I've considered picking up a Super UFO to try something like that.
>>
>>3930857
>SA1
emulators or ROM-transplant are literally your only options.
>>
>>3930857
buy it
play it
sell it
>>
>>3930863
fuck no, too fake pricey bloated thievery.

Just get this password for the sunken ship

すいぞくかん
>>
>>3930894
>http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/cheaper-super-mario-rpg-cartridge/
>YYYEEEEEEAAAAAYYYYYY MORE WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTHING HIPSTER DEGENARATION, LETS MURDER JAPANESE CARTS TO BE EXCREMENTAL ENOUGH!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just enjoy the damn japanese version. dont be an excrement shit!
>>
>>3931157
It's $55 on ebay today.
That's $35 in 1996 bux.

That's not expensive. It's well in line for what the price of a used game cart was in 1996.
>>
>>3930863
He's clearly too poor and has only started collecting video games recently since he's buying Super Famicom versions of games released in America.
>>
>>3930881
>expensive
Saw one sell for $50 the other day poorfag
>>
>>3930857
>"i want people to give me answers i already know" the post
>>
>>3930857
Its $7.99 in the nintendo store for Wii U. Or you can hack it and play it for free on Wii U.
>>
>>3931503
What's wrong with collecting Super Famicom versions of games?
>>
>>3932787
they're in japanese?
>>
>>3930857
Judging by this thread and your answers here's the solution. Emulate it or buy it.
>>
>>3930894
>That's how I made my NTSC copy of Kirby Super Star.

Just had to have that Revenge of Meta Knight dialogue, huh?

I've thought about doing this to my Japanese copy, too.
>>
>>3932827
I use the Japanese version of Kirby 3.

It's way cheaper, and there's no Japanese text in the game.
>>
>>3932827
No, I actually just had a copy of European PGA Tour lying around that i wasn't particularly fond of and getting hold of
an NTSC copy of either japanese or english language takes way longer + is more expensive than just killing a shitty golf game you can get for 5€.
>>
>>3932787
You should only be doing it if the U.S. versions are ludicrously expensive. SMRPG is not a ludicrously expensive game. Someone buying Rockman 7 for the SFC I can understand. Buying something like Super Mario World for SFC is just being a poorfag and clearly showcases that you haven't been playing or collecting games for very long.
>>
>>3933246
>it's ok to be a little bit raped
>what are you, a poorfag?
>>
>>3933251
You should have been collecting games before the retro market exploded, faggot. Not our fault you're a Johnny-come-lately like everyone else.
>>
>>3930881
It's $50. That's cheaper than all new console games and a much better game than most of them in every way.
>>
>>3933253
I ain't OP but your attempt to fit in is just pathetic.
>>
>>3933270
I'm not trying to "fit in." SMRPG is around $50 for a cart. If you can't afford $50 to play the game in English, just emulate it instead of buying the Japanese version and coming to /vr/ to complain about how you can't play it in English with your Super UFO Pro 8. For the price of the Super UFO and the Japanese copy of the game, you could have just gotten an English version.
>>
File: 1469766089977.jpg (2MB, 2582x1937px) Image search: [Google]
1469766089977.jpg
2MB, 2582x1937px
>>3930857
Just buy a cheap Chinese knock off smart pad for under 100$ and throw some games on it.
>>
>>3934313
I got one for really cheap but it has a weird problem where the internal storage is positioned into two and the partition with the os is hardly large enough for just the os, and I can't install anything directly to the other space

Also the screen and battery life is shit, can't even root
>>
>>3933270
>>3933313
rekt
>>
>>3930881
>It'd probably be easier for me to learn to flip burgers so I could get a job paying minimum wage and afford it.
FTFYK
>>
I have it, you want it? It doesn't save anymore.
>>
>>3935257
Are you too dumb to just replace the battery?
>>
>>3931503
How does it feel knowing you wasted a bunch of money buying over priced retro games when you could have just bought a flash or multi cart?
>>
>>3935891
SMRPG is one of the few games you'll need to buy if you want to play it on a real console because of the SA-1 coprocessor that flashcarts can't emulate and chinks haven't cloned.
>>
>>3935891
>How does it feel knowing you wasted a bunch of money buying over priced retro games
Holy projection Batman. I've been collecting video games for years and I've never overpaid more than a couple of dollars for a video game. I got the vast majority of games I wanted years ago and I've had SMRPG since 1996.

Like the other anon said, you can't play SMRPG via flash cart (yet, assuming they will ever be able to). A cartridge of SMRPG isn't that expensive. It's not shit like Earthbound, E.V.O. Search for Eden, or Hagane.
>>
>>3931264
save your money, that doesn't work despite what the box says.

it works with a real floppy copier though, but at that point you might as well stop being a retard and pay for the cart.
>>
>>3936170
How does it work with a "real floppy copier" but not with a "real SD copier"?
>>
>>3933251
This.

>>3933313
The problem isn't whether he can afford it or not, it's that you actually think it's ok to just hand over $50 for an old game. You're the main reason everything is overpriced nowadays.
>>
>>3936508
I think it's OK because I'm not a whiny baby that feels like I'm entitled to cheap games just because I didn't buy them when they were cheaper. You have had ample time since 1996 to buy a copy of SMRPG for yourself and you have not. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Emulate the game, pony up the cash for an English cartridge, or buy it on Nintendo's VIrtual Console service for $8. I don't really care what you do so long as you quit bitching about things that only result from your own stupidity.
>>
>>3930857
>spends $60 on a super ufo
>can't spend 60$ for a super mario rpg
>>
>>3937913
>spends $60 on >9000 games
>doesn't spend $60 on one game
>what an idiot
lel
>>
>>3931140
I was thinking the exact same thing
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.