[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are arcade cabinets still so expensive? It's just a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0934.png (292KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.png
292KB, 1136x640px
Why are arcade cabinets still so expensive? It's just a glorified shell and controller set up for a little raspberry pi or something
>>
then built it yourself faggot, if you want things done they cost money. If you think it is too expensive, come into the market a compete
>>
>>3930417
You're actually complaining about that when it comes with two setups? Tons of places charge that much for a single.
>>
>>3930417
Low sales volume
>>
>>3930417
that a shitty bootleg.
Viewlix != Vewlix

The vewlix VS is less expensive than this piece of shit. around 3k.

but seriously who in his right mind would like a LCD arcade cabinet.

You my US friends are just lazy fucks. You can't imagine how easy you have it for arcade. price are a given compared to here and they are easy as fuck to find.
in 2 weeks I could rebuild Micheal Jackson's neverland arcade in my house.

Here I need to organize road trips in the shitty country side to find some old ass wood cabinets or forgotten PCB.
>>
LCDs did nothing wrong
>>
>>3930652
LDC is shit.
Anyway a 3k for a machine limited to shinny new games you can get for 10 bucks at gamespot.
Yep totally not retarded.
>>
>>3930417
Low sales volume as >>3930452 stated. Also these are built for normies. You can always build your own. But to non geeks, they will pay.

Like the Nintendo Classic. Arm computer with a nintendo emu and 30 roms. Fuck it, build a raspberry pi emulation station with more emulators and roms for less.
>>
holy shit buy a candy cab you fucking retard
you dont have to buy new
>>
Because it's a niche market aimed at braindead dads who want a shitty mame cab without putting in any work.

You can literally build one of these things yourself for 200 dollars in parts, a bit more if you don't have an old PC or monitor lying around.
>>
>>3930898
The 200 dollars parts is full bullshit if you want something good on a DIY project.
Grabbing an old arcade cabinet cost less than building a new one close to the quality of what we could see on arcade.
200 is the price for 2Players 6 buttons controls (start for each on of them)+ Power supply+ service buttons+jamma cables+ and a good Scart jamma converter to put a TV on that shit.

But 1/4 of that retarded price than we are talking.You will build a Real arcade cabinet with operable and changeable metal panel +Working coin door+Amp audio+21mm heavy MDF body+real arcade wheels+genuine arcade monitor like a hantarex polo+manual rotative system. A real paint job and side arts and T molding. You can even throw Chromed metal plate protection on the bottom.

Even if you can connect anything to a jamma. Fuck emulation grab PCB. Quality>quantity.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.