[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I getting terminally casual, or this game is actually difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: rayman-usa.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rayman-usa.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
Am I getting terminally casual, or this game is actually difficult as fuck?
Art is incredible, but it feels like no one playtested it.
>>
>>3929349
Pretty much spot on. Level design just wasn't well thought out in most of the levels IMO
>>
nah you a lil bitch ass boy
>>
>>3929358
So you mean you actually unlocked all cages without guide?
>>
>>3929349
You know the game is about to get ugly when you get to the second area and the giant bugs start getting ready to jump kick you in response to winding up your punch
>>
Rayman 1 is ridiculously crazy hard from what little I can remember of it.

None of the memories were happy ones.
>>
Also why was he designed without limbs? I know the canon reason but what's the IRL?
>>
>>3929369
Probably because it's easy to animate.
>>
>>3929349
I tried playing it today on my vita but couldn't deal with him constantly automatically crawling to the left for some reason. Got really fucking annoying really fast.
>>
>>3929364
Yeah because I'm not a casual
>>
>>3929403
Left triggers cause it
Maybe yours are stuck, or it's just a buggy port

>>3929408
Anon what games you consider difficult then?
>>
>>3929410
Dark Souls
>>
>>3929349
I believe it's because of low resolution, which brings reduced visibility.
Also, they were inspired by Japanese platformers, and they are never easy
>>
Yeah the game is quite unfair.
I remember 2-1 being a huge difficulty spike.
>>
>>3929481
you should maybe question your reasons for being here
>>
>>3929349
It is indeed. I remember owning both this and the sequel as a kid, and liking the latter better just because it was easier.
>>
The GBA port (Rayman Advance) is easier. Butchered (missing some areas, music and has glitches) but easier. It gives 10 continues, 4 health points and "warns" (with little bright points) you when something appears.
>>
>but it feels like no one playtested it
Wasn't that true though?
>>
>>3929349

It's straight up one of the HARDEST 2D retro games. Only a few steps below Ninja Gaiden. Don't let it's cutsey facade fool you.
>>
The only game I've played where I felt justified using the extra lives cheat code.
>>
>>3929349
It's hard as fuck dude, Band Land gave me fucking nightmares.
>>
>>3929349
it's pretty hard but I still fully completed it when I was a kid so I do think it was playtested.
>>
>>3929349
I could never get past that boss that flings washing machines at you, back when I owned the game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.