[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here ever own this whole enchilada back in the mid-90s,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 32x.jpg (46KB, 800x454px) Image search: [Google]
32x.jpg
46KB, 800x454px
Did anyone here ever own this whole enchilada back in the mid-90s, especially when the 32X cost hundreds of dollars?

I only knew of one kid who got a 32X for his Megadrive, but that was after the system failed and the price crashed.
>>
Are you implying Sega did something wrong?
>>
>>3926849
>the 32X cost hundreds of dollars
It quickly went on sale to like 20 bucks.
>>
That price to number of quality games ratio in the early 90s almost made me give up on video games
>>
>>3926904
Yeah, but it was $169 or so at launch. Evidently, a few people bought it at that price.
>>
>>3926849
I own the genesis and the CD
I have no idea where and how the hell I'd get a 32x
>>
>>3926849
I had all that ,but was also fresh outta high school and had a job with no bills. Was a model 1 Genesis and CD.
>>
>>3926849
My dumb polak neighbor had a 32X. He had warts all over his hands, he was a pathetic nerd kid. I hated him. 32X people, man.
>>
>>3926849
>enchilada
>did anyone own this whole Echidna?
My buddy got it. but then again he owned literally every system until he moved out of his parents house.
>save up and get gameboy brick on sale and 5 games all under 7.99 each
>friends parents buy him alternate color game boys "just because"
>brags about paying full price for things too
>"it just feels better.... having a large selection of games"
>>
File: Sega.jpg (218KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sega.jpg
218KB, 1000x750px
>>3926849

I had a Genesis Model 2 and the CD Model 2. I was pretty young at the time,
but I loved the games I had. Dune is one of my favorite games in general. I have
been planning on replaying that for awhile. Sonic CD is also my favorite Sonic
game. My uncle owned a 32X when it came out and I mainly played Doom,
Star Wars Arcade, and Primal Rage on it.

I ended up getting a 32X for myself roughly 3 years ago to complete my set.

Now I own a few Japanese Mega Drive Model 1's with the various desirable motherboard revisions.
>>
>>3926924
It was worse in the 80s. I mean, americans even had a videogame crash lol
>>
>>3927703
Ebay?
>>
>>3926849
I had a Multimega and a 32X. when they were both at their most ecpensive It was a little temperamental, but I don't think they were designed to work together.
>>
Imagine if Sonic 4, Streets of Rage 4, Altered Beast 2, Outrun or Hang On 3, came out on 32x or Saturn, or even Dreamcast. What the fuck Sega?
>>
We bought a genesis from a garage sale in '97 or so and got a Sega CD a couple months later. I remember playing Tomcat Alley and Sonic CD.
Then a few months later in 98' we bought the 32X from a store. I don't know why. I think we had one game for it? Star Wars 3D? It was shit and regular genesis games didn't run much better (one of the claims of the 32X). I can't imagine having all of those massive plugs taking up space.
And of course, my mom gave it all away to my cousin while I was away because "you have the dreamcast and don't need the old one anymore."
>>
>>3926924
SNES' launch window had a ton of good games and some of the best NES games came out in 1990 and 1991
>>
File: Sega32XmanualCDXSpacer1[1].png (106KB, 390x326px) Image search: [Google]
Sega32XmanualCDXSpacer1[1].png
106KB, 390x326px
>>3928204
They actually weren't. I think the manual even says that it won't work, or something to that effect. They planned to do a plastic spacer for the CDX, that would move the cart slot a bit to the back, so the 32x could fit on it properly, but I don't think it was ever released.
>>
Was there any game that took advantage of both attatched to the Genesis, or am I an idiot?
>>
>>3933315
There are a few Sega CD32X games, like Corpse Killer.

They took advantage of the better picture processor and more RAM to push higher quality FMVs (higher resolution, more colors).

It's kind of sad, really.
>>
>>3933342
That's it? That's all the CD32X games did?
>>
>>3927703
I have a 32X but no CD, seems I did backwards of what I should've. Only point of the 32X is to have something that was always tantalizingly out-of-reach as a kid. I like the suped-up 16 bit aesthetic of the games, sadly there's not much to choose from.
>>
>>3933826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhfUS1NVSBI

yup
>>
I really want a sega cd, but they're so fucking expensive.

Do the games emulate well on a raspi?
>>
>>3926849
I had one friend who had a sega cd. It was a waste of fucking time.

Most people were logical and just chose snes or mega drive.

>but muh sega cd 32x Night Trap!

Copies of shit should be worth more, because it's amazing anyone bought a single copy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.