[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to play this for the first time. Do I gottagofast™

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: sanic.png (390KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
390KB, 1136x640px
I'm going to play this for the first time. Do I gottagofast™ throughout each level or can I take my time?
>>
Do you mean Sonic 2? Or just Sonic?
>>
1, 2, and 3
>>
>>3924336

Sanic don't fast in this game, OP
>>
Just play however feels right.

If you keep crashing into shit, slowdown.

If you're breezing though and getting impatient, speed up.

It's not a complicated game.
>>
>>3924336
Most of the levels in 1 are more about tricky navigation than holding right and going fast. You can go fast, you just have to be really good.
>>
>>3924336
You can take your time and freely explore, and that can be to your advantage as many Sonic games open up bonus minigames if you collect enough rings.

But keep in mind, you only get ten minutes. At the ten minute mark Sonic is killed instantly. This is practically a non-issue until Sonic 3 & Knuckles, though. That game has some unusually long levels.
>>
>>3924375
Reminder dipshit, no one's bitching about anime. People are bitching about shitposting using anime picture.
Shitposting is shitposting, even if it's ironic or using an anime pic.

>>3924336
You can take your time. I don't think any of the original games actually require you to go fast outside of going through those loops.
When you get hurt, you can pick up back some of your health so it's not too stressful to play
>>
>>3924406

Also note that in the first game, when Sonic is instantly killed you are also killed. This feature produced too many lawsuits and was not carried any further into the series, so you can be more patient in the later ones.

Also I don't think every emulator supports it, for what that's worth.
>>
>>3926150
How do I come back if I die?
>>
Just play it.
>>
You have 10 minutes for each level, it's way more than any Mario game.
>>
>>3926171

You have to win at Devil World for the Famicom, in order to defeat Satan and break free from the afterworld. I don't think that game actually has an ending, so this may not be possible to do, but that's what you have to do.

Trivia: This was actually the first semi-official collaboration between Nintendo and Sega. (The two companies were such rivals then that they could only work together through supernatural intermediaries such as devils.)
>>
>>3924336
take your time until you git good and memories the levels. then you can go fast. if you go 2fast4u at first your gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>3924336
There are some bullshit traps here and there but you'll be fine if you keep your wits about and react sensibly to obstacles. Remember that you can roll to gain speed while on a downhill slope.
>>
>>3926183
brb
Putting this on my geocities site
>>
>>3924336
If you go F4ST the first time around you'll probably die a lot and find the game infuriating.

Don't eat up the marketting, it's a normal platformer for the most part, it's ok to go slow, particularly in Sonic 1. The levels are not big enough to eat up all the time you have unless you really just start fucking around. You'll find that it's more fun to run trough the levels once you start getting good, but same can be said for any platformer really.

Btw you get 9 minutes, not 10.
>>
Most Sonic levels are decidedly not "gottagofast", they mostly feature pretty precise jumps.
>>
collect rings. kill faggots. fuck bitches.
>>
>>3926525
>Btw you get 9 minutes, not 10.
You die either one second after 9:59, or as soon as the timer hits 9:59. To say 10 minutes is more accurate than 9.
>>
>>3924336
You're better off going slow at first so you can find the hidden sections, protection bubbles and 1ups. Also collect 50+ rings per level to enter the bonus stage to get a chance to win a chaos emerald. If I remember correctly each one = one continue (someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been ages since I played Sonic).
>>
Just like real racing, you go slow first to learn the track, then go fast. Underages try to go fast first, fail at it and then blame the game saying it was never good
>>
>>3926723
You get continues by collecting rings in the bonus stage (50 I think). It makes a sound when you earn one.
>>
>>3924336
>be noob
>go fast
>die

Does this answer your question?
>>
>play sonic on the toilet to make you doo doo faster
>start getting so angrey you get constipated
>end up playing mario to help you poop
>>
Gotta play it fast so you never beat it, at least that's what I do
>>
>>3926983
Gotta shit fast
>>
>>3924336
If you go fast you won't get anywhere because the levels are not designed for you to go fast. You will just die repeatedly.
>>
>>3924336
Gotta go fast is a meme that has literally nothing to do with the games. Sonic is about momentum above all else.

This is what happens if you "go fast" without a goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtsEiUCuPDk
>>
>>3926171
Someone has to insert a Credit Coin up your anus. Be sure to leave a note.
>>
>>3927673
Hell I died so many times yesterday trying to go fast, good to know I'm not that retarded.

Back in the day the advertisements would often show fast gameplay to imply the console was faster than the NES though.
>>
>>3926810
Exactly, I keep trying to explain that to my wife's son.
>>
>>3924336
sonic levels are pretty large vertically speaking
there are different paths you can take to reach the end of a level and secrets.

you can go fast yeah it's fun specially when you hit troll bumpers
>>
Kids these days have to ask how to play a fucking sonic game. This is how far we've fallen.
>>
File: 1379521618311.png (185KB, 469x518px) Image search: [Google]
1379521618311.png
185KB, 469x518px
>>3927673
It always infuriates me to no end when Modern Sonic babbys unironically say the Classics were hold right to win. Green Hill is literally the only Zone in the entire trilogy like that.

Meanwhile Modern Sonic is just hold X to win. Oh wow, you have to jump occasionally and do homing attack chains every now and then, whoop dee shit! It still baffles me how kids today can't understand the importance of momentum based platforming in a Sonic game. Like, the fact that you even have to justify it being there to a Modern Sonicfag is just downright depressing.

To highlight how bad things are now, here's an example. Modernfags will look at pic related and go "So what? Sonic doesn't need to be open world hurr durr linearity is a good thing." as if it's no big deal. Another example: I'm not big on SA1, it's a very flawed game, but I remember a kid in one thread saying "Sonic Adventure is so boring, it's JUST platforming!" Like THAT was its major problem.

It's so bad that a lot of Modernfags can't even get into the Classic games because Sonic Team has ruined these kids permanently with their all-spectacle-no-depth boost style gameplay. Any hope that we'll ever get a true 3D Sonic game has been dead for a long time. Fangames like Sonic Utopia look promising, but I doubt it'll ever get finished because Sonic fans rarely ever finish fan projects. Which is sad, because it's probably the closest anyone's ever come to properly translating Sonic into 3D. What's even more depressing is how a very early prototype proof of concept demo thoroughly blew anything Sonic Team has done in decades out of the water.

And now Forces is just futher proof that Sonic Team doesn't give a shit as long as the games are functional to some capacity.

tl;dr being a Sonicfag is suffering. You Mariofags don't know just how good you have it.
>>
>>3929994
>Sonic Utopia

Damn, that trailer actually just blew my mind. Didn't think the solution to 3D Sonic would be that simple.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.