[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing this for the first time in 2017... it's actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: syphon-filter-usa-v1-1.jpg (207KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
syphon-filter-usa-v1-1.jpg
207KB, 600x597px
Playing this for the first time in 2017... it's actually pretty fun. I think I actually enjoyed this more than Metal Gear Solid.
>>
I remember getting this on launch day. High quality sleeper hit.
>>
The PS1 Syphon Filter games aged better than I thought they would.
-decent voice acting
-intriguing story with lots twists along the way
-nice variety of weapons and gadgets
-awesome graphics: nice explosions, lighting effects, and blood decals (something that MGS1 lacked)
-snappy, responsive controls with great auto-targeting, rolling, strafing, and first person targeting
-using the taser never gets old
-amazing soundtrack

I will admit, the 3rd game is definitely the weakest of the trilogy, but is still a decent game. I have never played the PS2 or PSP games, so I don't know if they're any good, but all I know is I love the PS1 trilogy.
>>
>>3922414
No you didn't.
>>
>>3922414

A lot of these console early 3D games would be great in a new engine, with 60 fps and better controls, and no other alterations. Especially shooters like Syphon Filter.

The series died on the PS2. Which is a shame. It was huge on the Playstation. I felt like it could easily be a modern series.
>>
>>3922428
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. I played MGS for the first time about a year or so ago and while it was fun, I enjoyed my time with Syphon Filter more. MGS may be more cinematic and groundbreaking but the stealth mechanics and overall gameplay in SF are just flat out better.
>>
Now I need to download the cd image. Please let the frame rate be a sold 30
>>
>>3922439
Nah.
>>
>>
Playing it currently for the first time too. Cool game.
>>
>>3922414
Didn't get past the stage with the monastery and monks out of sheer boredom. I finished and enjoyed MGS though.
>>
Playing it after 2 and 3, took me forever to figure out the flashlight in level 1

Protip, play with dpad, tap down to 180 quick turn
>>
File: cata.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cata.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
I kept getting lost in that fucking catacombs level and almost dropped the game for it because it seemed unwinnable. Back then I would get disoriented easily by mazey sections in games.
Fucking respawning enemies didn't help.
Still much better than stealth levels.
>>
>>3922575
This. That fucking flashlight!
>>
>>3922414
For some reason this game and Fear Effect get lumped together in my mind. I guess both being somewhat under-the-radar espionage-based PS One game has something to do with it.

Definitely a fun game though. I loved the tazer.
>>
>>3922424
>PSP or PSP games
Omega Strain is shit.
Dark Mirror is awesome.
Logan's Shadow is meh.
>>
>>3922424
Dark Mirror is great
Logan's Shadow is the pinnacle of the series
>>
>>3922414
Just wait until you get to that stealth level
>>
2 was the game of my childhood.
>>
Fun fact, this was made by the same people that made Bubsy 3D. I'm not joking.
>>
>>3925201
I already finished it. I'm working on SF2 now. The stealth levels really weren't that difficult. The first Splinter Cell had many more frustrating moments imo.
>>
Syphon Filter 2 might've been the first game in English with subbed non-English dialog.

Gulag guards speaking Russian.
>>
>>3926012
That was a nice touch.
>>
>>3922474
Explain why then, anon. Sharing our opinions is fun.
>>
>>3927174
That level was a pain in the ass though.

No quick saves either.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.