[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the NES Classic has just been discontinued and every scalper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 23

File: nintendo_nes_mini_review06[1].jpg (142KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nes_mini_review06[1].jpg
142KB, 1600x900px
So the NES Classic has just been discontinued and every scalper simultaneously came in their pants.

Seriously, fucking Nintendo man.
>>
Oh no! Now how will I play NES games?!
>>
>>3921597
Source?
>>
>>3921604
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-discontinues-nes-classic-edition/1100-6449349/
>>
>>3921597
Why do you care? If you were waiting for one of these to play NES games, I don't understand why you'd even post here. Nothing personal-- I just don't get it.
>>
>>3921616
I'm just pointing out how retarded Nintendo are from a business perspective.
>>
>Make console with official emulator
>Load with 30 games, don't let people use carts or load other games
>Sells like crazy
>Hackers finally figure out a way to turn it into a decent emu box(not great, or close to perfect, but OK)
>Might hurt VC sales now, SHUT IT DOWN

I'm guessing the SNES Classic will be made harder to hack due to this.

>NES Classic on ebay : $160
>NES on ebay : $60
>NES Everdrive : $100
On the plus side, nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>3921621
They've been doing this for decades, though I have to say I thought they'd smarten up after the amiibo shortage a couple years ago.
>>
>>3921621
>>3921625
>yfw Nintendo was selling it at a loss to raise brand awareness in advance of the Switch release
>>
What the fuck? Does Nintendo even want to make money?
>>
>>3921597
Just like them, you could have got one when they were available if you wanted to. Why are so many of the people here such crybabies about god damn everything?
>>
>>3921636
Enjoy your shit undetachable controllers for dwarfs
>>
File: dat-ass-link.png (159KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dat-ass-link.png
159KB, 512x512px
>>3921628
>mfw Amiibos were 3 for $20 at Toys R Us this week.
>>
>>3921597
Isn't it cheaper to just buy a NES + a flashcart than to buy from a scalper??
>>
The raspberry pi is better in every way. Fuck its 1.5ft long controller cord and having to hit reset on the console to get back to the menu.
>>
>>3921680
Not where I live, no sir.
>>
>>3921681
Do you need to tweak retropie too much? What resolution does it output?
>>
>>3921691
it can output 240p and 480i over composite and up to 1080p over hdmi
>>
>>3921691
Once you have it set up to how you like it, you don't have to tweek it. If you are familiar with Retroarch, LAKKA may be up your alley since that is what LAKKA is.

It outputs 1080p.
>>
>>3921638
Nintendo is very good at making money. That's why they dropped the thing that wasn't bringing enough in.
>>
>>3921680
muh hdmi
muh legul
>>
>>3921701
Wasn't it getting sold out instantly every time they released it? Doesn't that mean that the only way it could bring in more money would be to just make more of the things?
>>
>>3921703
It's easy to sell out when you ship retailers small quantities.
>>
>>3921706
Alright, so how was it going to make more money for Nintendo if all the copies of the thing are sold out on a constant basis?

They can't sell more than they made.
>>
>>3921709
it's a marketing tactic. It's like they did with the Wii.
>>
>>3921629

The actual parts of the NES Classic are incredibly cheap. Judging from wholesale sites, the SoC and flash storage are $4 each while the PMIC is $1. No info on the RAM, unfortunately.

Since the floor for tablet prices seems to be $40 and the NES Classic doesn't have features like a touchscreen or wireless capabilities, it should cost less than $60 to make unless Capcom/Konami greeded hard with the licensing.
>>
I didn't open mine in case newer ones fixed the hack causing prices to skyrocket but holy shit this is even better.
>>
>>3921716
It should actually cost less than a Raspberry since it packs half the RAM.
>>
Nintendo is writing the book on bad PR I swear.
>>
>>3921714
Last I checked, the manufactured more Wiis to eventually make bank on them.
>>
>We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.”
They're aware of the immense demand and yet they refuse to produce supply to meet that demand.

Nintendo is the dumbest fucking company on the planet. They're saying no to free money.
>>
>>3921743

If I was a stock holder I'd be pissed at them literally throwing money away and that was just over xmas. Time to short NTDOY.
>>
>>3921675
I'm enjoying my superior translated copies of the fds games and have written them to physical disks, thanks!
>>
Every time I think Nintendo couldn't possibly do the dumbest thing imaginable, they do.
>>
>>3921831

Especially after promising they'd be available throughout the year. The message is pretty clear now, don't ever believe Nintendo because they hate their customers.
>>
next step.. switch marketplace where you can get all 30 of the same games for $5 a pop
>>
>>3921850

Prices of the Classic skyrocket as a result.
>>
>>3921638
They do.
They want you to buy NES Virtual Console games on Switch, so they don't want you to already have those games.
>>
>>3921716
>>3921720
Wow you guys should really produce your own it sounds like you could make a killing!
>>
>>3921867

I really hope that Ninty isn't actually stupid enough to think the mini ate into Switch or even vc sales but at this point who the fuck knows.
>>
>>3921597
assholes
>>
>>3921867
>They want you to buy NES Virtual Console games on Switch
I would if they would actually do digital purchases properly.

How many fucking times do I need to buy Super Mario Bros. 3 digitally before it's tied to an account that allows me to play it on new Nintendo hardware on day 1?
>>
> Make the must-have xmas item of the year.
> Completely miss the boat because of anemic stock AFTER initial preorders sold out in minutes and before production ramped up.
> Completely fail to even recoup the failed xmas season by pissing off their entire fanbase.

Whew.
>>
File: 1310671996285.jpg (11KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1310671996285.jpg
11KB, 297x275px
>When you already own the 2/3 of the cartridges that were featured on the NES Mini.
>>
>>3921597

Shit. Guess I'll have to start building my own out or Raspberry Pis. With the 8BitDo NES30 wireless controller. And 500 games.

I'll call it the NES Classic Plus.

If I can fashion a halfway decent plastic case that looks like a Nintendo, some normie should fork over at least $800 for it. Hell, it will have a better emulator than the NES Classic used.
>>
>>3921908
Nobody wants that. People want the novelty of a tiny nes.
>>
>>3921621
Yeah the billion dollar company are retards, and you, some poor idiot, is the smarty pants.
>>
>>3921874
Nobody owes you that.
>>
>>3921921
But anon, to not grant supply to where there is clear demand IS retarded.
>>
Shit's basically just a SBC in a "look at me I'm so retro" case.

It's designed for normies pretending to be retro gamers.

You're not a normie, are you?
>>
>>3921916

Then I'll use a Pi Zero. Problem solved.
>>
>>3921916
I agree i can play all NES games on my computer now, with a NES controller.. I also have the complete library on my OUYA. I wanted NES classic because i wanted the damn thing
>>
>>3921870
It'd also be a lot less successful because it doesn't have the brand name recognition.
>>
>>3921941
I assume they'll make them identical to the real thing since it's so cheap and easy! I'm sure they have injection molding facilities in their basements.
>>
Just 3D print or buy a nes case
Set up a raspberry pi with some emus on it in the case
Buy some shit jap sub controllers. Tape coins on the inside for weight

You now have the exact same fucking thing for a fraction of the cost
>>
Nintendo really is fucking retarded. So many people want this, yet they're adamant on discontinuing production. It's like they hate money.

Do you know have many normies and sperg walk around with "Classically Trained" NES shirts? Too many. Nintendo really is blind to the fact that the NES is extremely overrated and popular among normies. This was a gold mine for them, and they blew it.

Oh well, the emulation is fucking garbage anyway. Better off pirating the games for free with far better quality, which is exactly what Nintendo is encouraging at this point.
>>
>>3921638
They do. That is why they wave warehouses of these which they will now proceed to ebay at 5X the price.
>>
>>3921993
muh manuals on menu
>>
Oh damn, I can't shell out 60 burgerbucks for a cheap piece of plastic that can emulate a whopping 30 NES games? Shucks!
>>
>>3922020

Eh since it's been hacked and can run retroarch it's basically just a fancier pi without a shitty case and wii hookups. Cooler than a pi if you can get one.
>>
>>3922026
That's cool I guess, but it's still relatively under powered for that price and is stuck outputting HD signals over HDMI if you're a CRT fag. A homebrewed Wii still kicks the shit out one of these things and are readily available for like $40.
>>
>>3921924
Nintendo isn't owed my money just for putting games up for purchase.

Part of the reason why retro game prices are out of hand is because Nintendo can't figure out that by making people pay for the same games over and over again, they're pushing people to buy carts that they only have to buy once.

Digital purchases are supposed to give people a reason to invest in a digital platform, not move away from it. If I didn't have to purchase SMB3 over and over again just to play it on the latest Nintendo hardware, I could be purchasing OTHER games.
>>
>>3922027

Yeah but it does have a slick little interface that I wish would get ripped instead of shitty lists everywhere. Since it's just a mini nes I wouldn't put anything but nes roms on it anyway that'd be weird.
>>
I would love to see switch carts with retro game collections
Fixed to play on HD, of course that is crazy shit to ask
>>
File: normalfags.png (919KB, 2548x718px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.png
919KB, 2548x718px
I don't get it
>>
>>3922313
retro racism
>>
Seems like you guys actually think Nintendo wanted money out of this lol.

They wanted to make a rare, legendary collectors item. It's for the PR and mystique of the company.
>>
>>3922313

Micro controllers on the famicom mini.
>>
>>3922340

Oh well in that case they failed even fucking harder then.
>>
>>3922341
they're bit that bad you know
>>
>>3922396

Yeah but for a lot of people that made it not even an option.
>>
good thing i still have the one i bought for retail.

Havent even opened it since i have an AV famicom.
>>
>>3921597
I'm just pissed because this means my local craigslist listings for "video games" or "nintendo" will be 90% NES Classic scalpers for the foreseeable future.

Cragslist has been shit for video games for a few years now, anyway. It's mostly ads for resellers, or people like
>"LOOKING TO BUY RETRO VIDEO GAMES!!! NES, SNES, GENESIS!!! I WON'T PAY EBAY PRICES SO DON'T WASTE MY TIME!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>3922347
How?
>>
>>3922423
Craigslist? What is this 2001? Use OfferUp nigga.
>>
>>3922441

Any good pr they would've gleamed just got steamrolled by the bad pr of this announcement. I think its currently fifth most trending tag on twitter and every comment section you can think of has every Ninty fan echoing the same sentiment.

I actually expect them to reverse this like tomorrow because of the outcry.
>>
>>3921625
you can play nes-roms on pretty much every electronic device made in the last 10 years.
nes classic being hacked didn't change a thing, and isn't really ninty's concern at all.
>>
>>3922423
So don't look at those ads?
>>
>>3922034
Oh so you just feel entitled to cheap games. got it.
>>
>>3921927
Again, you're a poor idiot and they're a billion dollar company.
>>
>>3921597
Why do you give a fuck about a shitty emulator box?
>>
>>3922587
I just think it's amusing that Nintendo is stopping production when a) the demand is clearly high enough that they can still make money from this thing and b) the move will clearly piss off thousands of Nintendo fans who have been waiting patiently for months to get their hands on one of these things without any luck.

It just seems like bad business; make less money, alienate your fanbase.
>>
File: bowser.png (4KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
bowser.png
4KB, 144x144px
>>3922471

I'd expect the same. Holy shit if I was a majority shareholder I'd be livid.
>>
>>3921621
>I'm just pointing out how retarded, poor and underage I am.
Got it. Scurry along back to your containment board now.
>>
I was gonna get one eventually but now I won't get it at all. I still have my original NES from the 80s and I'm not interested in any of the new gimmick shit they put out these days... I kinda realized right now that I may never buy a new Nintendo product in my life again.
>>
>>3922561
Way to ignore my entire post. If you wanted to play Super Mario Bros. on every Nintendo platform that has the Virtual Console on it with all of the features that console's VC service provides, you would have to purchase it on the Wii, the Wii U, 3DS, and Switch. That's $20. Why should someone spend that $20 on buying Super Mario Bros. four times when they could by an NES cartridge of Super Mario Bros. for $5 once and own it? How many times must someone purchase Super Mario Bros. digitally until Nintendo goes "we see you bought this on our last console so we'll let you play it on our new console with no hassle"? The $5 that person would have spent on SMB can now go toward ANOTHER Virtual Console game, making Nintendo EVEN MORE MONEY.

Although, as today's decision shows, Nintendo clearly doesn't want to make money.
>>
>wii is released
I wanted to buy one (got caught up in the hype) and drove to every store looking for one.
No luck and damn sure not going to pay the $500 ebay prices.
A few weeks go by with nobody having them in stock and I lose interest.
Never bought one.

> Amiibo are announced.
Me: "Damn those look slick! I'd sure like to get a couple of the characters I like."
None in stock despite calling around and checking amazon.
A few weeks go by with nobody having them in stock and I lose interest.
Never bought any.

> NES classic announced
Girlfriend: "Oh! That's cute! If you see one would you pick one up for [little sister] for Christmas?"
None in stock despite calling around and checking amazon.
A few weeks go by with nobody having them in stock we both lose interest, end up buying my sister something else.
Never bought one.

So far Nintendo has lost at LEAST $370 from me because of their shitty business practices. That's not counting any other accessories or games I would have purchased.
>>
File: Classic Menu.jpg (2MB, 2562x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Menu.jpg
2MB, 2562x1442px
The only two things of value the NES Classic brought to the table were:
>the graphical interface
>the official NES classic controller

Seriously, the menu is damn nice.
>>
>>3922767
The limited stock thing they've been doing lately is really bad practice. It doesn't help sales, and it ensures that the scalpers see more money than Nintendo ever will.

I wound up getting a used Wii for like $40 about a year ago and quickly hacked it to use as an emulation station, so Nintendo never saw a cent from me even from software. And I've completely lost interest in finding Amiibo, like anyone who doesn't collect them has.

Honestly, Nintendo's been going down the drain ever since the Gamecube didn't pan out the way they'd hoped. Every move they make just seems like a way to fuck over people who want to buy their products, whether they're able to or not.
>>
>>3922804
They should have just released the Famicom version worldwide and just forgot about the dumb redesign they made because of the North American video game crash.
>>
>>3921929
No. But I have a 9 year old nephew and his 4 year old twin siblings who I wanted to buy this for. They're too young to know shit about emulation. Or I just don't trust them to do it right, because small children. And yes, I checked, these ones are the type who'd like it, not ungrateful brats who wouldn't.
>>
>>3922341
Has anybody tried them on small children?
I was considering gifting my nephews one. They're 2 and 3 so not being able to read Japanese isn't a huge issue and computer emulation or the like is out of question.
>>
File: 420285602.png (406KB, 2118x1276px) Image search: [Google]
420285602.png
406KB, 2118x1276px
>NES Classic Mini? wow what a stupid idea I can just emulate those games anyway
>Nintendo is discontinuing NES Classic Mini? wow what a stupid idea I could have bought that
Every time.
>>
>>3922804
The menu looks messy as fuck
>>
File: marios-itchy-butt.gif (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
marios-itchy-butt.gif
33KB, 250x250px
>>3921597
> make a basic emulator on a self-contained piece of cheap hardware and embed it into an equally cheap plastic case with a classic (i.e. classic-looking) controller, with no official way of expanding content
> call it a "replica", dancing on the very frontier of semantics-based false advertising
> (rampant customer stupidity and posseur frenzy factors here)
> you better believe fucking PROFIT
>>
>>3921597
I've managed to get five of these but somehow never got the time to tried it out. I'm not a big NES fan anyway so I guess it's good timing now to resell some of them and indeed maximize profits.

Too bad some of you weren't able to get one, I understand this makes you so salty but really, thinking a few thousands retronerds should be considered as 'high demand' from a billion $ company like nintendo is being quite delusional and naive. You really thought they were going to mass product NES Minis as if it was one of their retail consoles?
>>
>>3921597
Just sold mine a couple of weeks ago, bought an SD2SNES with the profits.

Will probably pick up an AVS or RGB NES and an Everdrive at some point.
>>
>>3922924
>someone bought it
Why are normies this dumb?!
>>
>>3921681
Input lag is way worse on a pi. Either way this isn't a big deal.
>>
>>3921714
>citation needed
keep parroting your youtube knowledge though, it's really impressing us.
>>
>>3922928
I feel even dumber now it's discontinued. eBay prices have already doubled but whatever, I still made a profit.
>>
>>3922563
With retarded business practices. The fact they're worth money doesn't mean shit. Enron was worth $70 billion.
>>
>>3922964
I think he was implying that they're more business savvy than some autist on 4chan. Your comparison did a good job proving his point.
>>
>>3921929
It's normalfag, you political correct faggot. I bet you're even more of a pretender than those you're complaining about. There are several anons here who wrote why they wanted to get a Mini and that's not because they think it's better than standard emulation.
>>
>>3923000
>It's normalfag, you political correct faggot
Normalfag is way too fucking long.
>>
File: neov_vocab.png (27KB, 576x441px) Image search: [Google]
neov_vocab.png
27KB, 576x441px
>>3923000
>>
>>3922848

Probably works better for kids but you can also mod it to use the nes classic's controllers super easy and it's fully reversible.

And hell since they never bothered to tape or wrap these things up you can still sell in the future as new for obscene prices.
>>
>>3922718
Their shareholders probably are pressing twice hard to make a konami and move the business core into mobile games now. If the switch doesn't get good sales hope for the worst, and no, the gazillon dollars in their coffers doesn't mean shit if they are not growing as the shareholders expect, stock price is king here.

But this shit is not retro so i don't give a fuck.
>>
>>3922884
No mercy, hang them upside down and skin them alive.

There's no reason to buy one of these overpriced unless you are a AAA+ moron.
>>
>>3922757
I agree with you. I stopped buying retro games from Nintendos VC services years ago simply because of these reasons. Every other modern day company looks out for their customer when it comes to this
>>
>>3923228
No they don't. SONY made their loyal fans rebuy everything on the PS4. Only Microsoft is doing it right, and that's saying something,
>>
>>3922868
actually it's fine. stop looking for shit for criticize
>>
>>3922767
>>3922813
You think you know better than nintendo? It's good practice to limit demand. I mean, why should someone be able to buy something they want!
>>
>>3923446
You can't limit demand, only supply
>>
>>3923483
Wrong!
United Airlines limited demand for flying on their planes and now they have tons of room for employees to fly.
>>
>>3922034
This, Nintendo fundamentally doesn't understand the concept of digital, or online in general. It's bizarre how they could just copy Sony and Microsoft's digital platforms and be fine, but they have to go off and do their own retarded thing and fuck up the VC so hard. This is why I don't trust the Switch and Nintendo's paid online scheme, why do people think Nintendo will actually improve their ecosystem just because it's paid? Then they let you keep two NES ROM's for a month. You don't even get to keep the fucking ROM's. I can't tell if Nintendo is just really greedy or they're just incompetent.
>>
I already own a NES and a buttload of games so I had no interest in buying one, I do know a ton of people who were though and that's why this was a shitty decision.
Scalper genocide when?
>>
>>3923509

> Blaming human behavior.

You know what actually stops scalping? Meeting demand.
>>
File: 1313977756817.gif (679KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1313977756817.gif
679KB, 150x150px
Just a reminder, Nintendo is owned by Yakuza.
>>
>>3922313
Normalfag problems with the Famicom Mini in order:
>not the same design that Hot Topic has been selling on shirts for 15 years
>tiny controllers
>Japanese
>>
>>3922884

Our store placed an order for 100 on launch day...we received 6. Nintendo dropped the gawd damn ball.
>>
>>3923524

Ninty practically wrote the book on shortsighted business decisions.

In a year it'll be the #1 of every top 10 missed opportunities list.
>>
>make product people want to buy
>don't sell it
Truly Nintendo are the greatest business strategists of our time.
>>
>>3923541

But anon what if it wasn't making them any money? Surely that doesn't make them look even more retarded for building it up into the most wanted thing currently in existence and not being able to even capitalize on it.
>>
>>3923558
Silly anon, they can't keep them in production and still keep the switch and 3ds projections on track even though at one point in time they were producing five different consoles. After all it'd be stupid to take the money that's here right now instead of going after potential money from the Switch a year from now.
>>
I just bought one of the nes classics a couple weeks ago off ebay NIB for 130$ i never planned on opening it or playing it just collecting it.
Originally nintendo said it was supposed to MSRP for 75$.
Now they are on ebay for 300$
>>
>>3923572
LOL you payed for roms.
>>
File: 1171372082587.jpg (41KB, 600x179px) Image search: [Google]
1171372082587.jpg
41KB, 600x179px
>have a cornered monopoly on cocaine™
>intentionally limit how much cocaine™ you produce
>use your media connects to advertise your cocaine™ by pretending to be satisfied cocaine™ users
>sell ultra-high demand cocaine™ as scalpers for an extreme profit to recover the losses you took in producing and trying to sell pentedrone™ which bombed hard

Yakuza.
>>
>>3923572

Go ahead and open it it's not shrink wrapped or even taped. It's like they almost made it just for scalping.
>>
>>3923578
No. I paid for a cardboard box.
>>
>>3923590
Nah. Im good. I have a bunch of top loaders nes101 with a nes powerpak
>>
>>3923596
How can I be cool like you?
>>
>>3923581
>Yakuza.

That also explains hiro taking over from moot and moot working at google which has the 4chan code well fucked into considering the captcha.
>>
>>3923604
Spend all your money on retro nintendo stuff.
>>
>>3923596
Do the top loaders actually work better than the original? Thinking of getting one because my side loader can barely play the games
>>
>>3923850
Get a jap toploader and a retro usb nes powerpak
Jap toploader has rca composite out.
Amerifat toploader is only coax.
>>
i've got a nes classic edition at walmarts for $60 and a raspberry, i want to buy more nes classic editions b/c of how valubal they will be in the future :D
>>
>>3923861
I don't need the powerpak I just need one to play the actual games
>>
>>3921597
were they supposed to produce it forever? it's a gimmicky gimmick for people who don't know how to burn their money anyway...
>>
>>3921597
>discontinued

Don't you have to continue something first to discontinue it?
>>
>>3921621
They always do this kind of stuff. Wait and see for a holiday re-release with new games.
>>
>>3924043
If you walk back and forth, don't you have to walk forth before you can walk back?

If you refurbish something, does it have to be furbished in the first place?

If sour cream is already sour, then why does it have an expiration date?

These are questions we must ask as we drift through life, much like a shitpost meanders to page 10.
Provocative, yet evanescent.
>>
>>3923483
Limit supply enough and people lose interest, thus cutting demand.

It doesn't help that Nintendo adamantly refuses to look into what people think about their policies and products, so they wind up twiddling their thumbs and wondering why it's not working without actually changing the way they do things.

Nintendo's only reason for "success" today is that they can fall back on their top 3 IPs and expect people to be interested, but they're still losing money.
>>
>>3924079
>If sour cream is already sour, then why does it have an expiration date?
Someone give this guy a cap of that one thread
>>
>>3924147
Don't be so naive.
Nintendo knows damn well what they're doing.
>>
>>3923494
kek

>>3924147
>Limit supply enough and people lose interest, thus cutting demand.
Which is baffling as to why any company would want to do that. Why would any company say no to money through little effort?
>>
>>3924180
>Nintendo knows damn well what they're doing.

When the Wii U was being mismanaged all the way from inception did everyone think that was 4d chess too? Or all their previous blunders?
>>
>>3924206
I meant with the NESC.

See- >>3923581
>>
Oh well, you have to buy is second hand instead.
>>
>>3923581
>>3924212
Sega has connections with the yakuza not Nintendo.
>>
>>3921628
Decades? Amiibo have been around that long?
>>
>>3921921
>>3922723
Nice appeal to accomplishment
>>
>>3921597
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360334

>NES Classic gets discontinued.
>Gets replaced with a new plug & play system with 150 games on it.
>All the games are first party published.
>Contains games from the NES, Super NES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and (for the first time) the Virtual Boy.
>Made by Nintendo NERD like the NES Classic.
>Very little changes between the Japanese & western releases this time around.
>Contains WiFi for firmware updates and other features & Bluetooth to use Switch controllers.
>4 wired controller ports.
>$100 for the plug & play, $60 for the Switch version to avoid another NES Classic issue and to take care of the 1st party VC releases right off the bat.
>Revealed at E3 2017.
>>
NES Mini 2.0 coming soon, I can almost guarantee it.
>>
>>3924250
This and >>3924236
>>
>>3924250
>>3924236
>>3924254
Hopefully the emulation will be better this time.
>>
>>3924264
I wouldn't bet on it. Probably gonna be the exact same thing just with more games and maybe a slightly higher price. They'll probably wait until the holiday season before they announce it and then limit the supply again like with the first one.
>>
>>3924278
I have high hopes, but sadly this is what might end up happening.
>>
>>3924218
To be fair they've been doing this shit since the 64 days.
I recall wanting a N64 for Christmas when it came out (96). But they just didn't have any. For 3 months them things were impossible to find. So as a result we ended up getting a playstation, then like a year later got the 64.
How many people had the same experience but then never bothered to get the 64 later?
>>
>>3924293

They discontinued the n64 after 5 months?
>>
>>3924264
Nintendo NERD did listen to the complains and even if this sells out as fast as the original at least a compilation for the Switch with the exact same content will release along side it, both retail and digitally.
>>3924278
Read above.
>>3924286
That will not be the case.
>>
>>3924296
>Nintendo NERD did listen to the complains and even if this sells out as fast as the original at least a compilation for the Switch with the exact same content will release along side it, both retail and digitally.

And here I thought bait and Switch was just a meme.
>>
>>3924293
I unfondly remember Wiis being impossible to find for months after release.
>>
>>3924302
Nope, it's back up, just in case this turns out to be the NES Classic all over again.
>>
>>3924295
Yes. That's obviously what I was saying. I was saying they discontinued the 64 after only 5 months.
You fucking retard.
>>
>>3924305
>>3924293

But this isn't artificial scarcity this is literally leaving money on the table while giving no indication that they'll be available in the future.
>>
>>3924315

Oh well then that's not exactly the same thing then is it?
>>
>>3924317
Not meeting demand is a Nintendo thing.
I remember when the 360 came out and you could find a STACK of them at best buy around Christmas.
Ditto on the PS3.
Or any apple product.
Sure they'll sell out fast, but you give it a month or two and you'll have no problem.

Contrast that with Nintendo who gives retailers 1 or 2 of their consoles.
Hell I remember working at Target when the wii was in full swing. We got a shipment with 3 (Aka 1 box). That was it. For the entire holiday season.
>>
>>3924324

Yeah but never have they announced a discontinuation three months after saying that they'd try to meet the insane demand that they even acknowledged.

Even Virtual Boy lasted 6 months.

This is treading new ground in retardation.
>>
>>3924316
Because the Yakuza who own Nintendo also scalp shit.
lrn2gangsta-shit
>>
>>3924360

Holds more water than most of the other theories so far.
>>
>>3924223
Being poor retarded and underage isn't an accomplishment
>>
Just another step in Nintendo's transition to becoming a third party developer with no hardware. Just like SEGA....
>>
Why do people even bother defending Nintendo anymore? They only survive because of their extremely popular IP's. All their business decisions seem completely retarded, it's like the company is run by monkeys. Like I can understand why people like Nintendo games, but I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of Nintendo themselves.
>>
The NES Classic was just something they made to be relevant in the last holiday season. They want you to buy the other console they have right now.
>>
>people hack the console to add a bunch of shit nintendo didn't want it to have
>"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY ARE THEY DISCONTINUING IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"
>"NOW I CAN NEVER PLAY AN EMULATED GAME AGAIN ;___________;"
>>
File: allsmiles.jpg (46KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
allsmiles.jpg
46KB, 331x473px
>>3921597

>mfw I didn't even plan to buy one, but did when I found out the store I was at for a veteran's day sale on TV's had them
>>
>>3924427
Explain >>3924236
>>
>>3924450
>people hack the console to add a bunch of shit nintendo didn't want it to have

I wouldn't be so sure.
There was very little in the way of securities, and this message was hidden in the kernel:
>This is the hanafuda captain speaking. Launching emulation in 3…2…1.
>Many efforts, tears and countless hours have been put into this jewel.
>So, please keep this place tidied up and don’t break everything! Cheers, the hanafuda captain.
>>
>>3924484

The only security was telling people the usb didn't support input and people just found out it did.
>>
File: 124512423562341234.png (586KB, 844x594px) Image search: [Google]
124512423562341234.png
586KB, 844x594px
It begins...
>>
>>3921921
Its almost like billion dollar companies never make mistakes amirite? i mean.. BlackBerry, Yahoo.are doing pretty great.
>>
>>3924489
That's what I'm saying.

It's almost like Nintendo wanted people to hack it.
>>
>>3921921
>Yeah the billion dollar company with a sorted history of mismanaged projects just like this one.

ftfy
>>
>>3924535
You cant do much with only 512MB of flash, maybe with 8GB at the very least but more NES games was a must so 512MB of flash is fine for that.
>>
>>3922561
How much is Nintendo paying you? His post was completely reasonable and I agree 100%.
>>
>>3924540
8 gigs is incredibly excessive for the NES mini.
The entire NES library is ~2 gigs, and flash memory is about ~$2 per gig, so even if Nintendo wanted to ship the NES mini with the entire NES library, They'd be throwing $12 per unit at 8gb internal memory.

Considering that they only put 30 games on it, even 512mb was excessive.
>>
>>3924549

Those had to have been ordered right? Who in the fuck even produces 512mb nands in this day and age?
>>
>>3924557
512mb is pretty standard for flash storage on embedded devices.

Also, some SSDs are made up of dozens of 512mb chips.
>>
>>3921597
My mistress wants one but I'm a broke pay piggy with a shitty job and a baby penis.
>>
>>3924562

Huh didn't know that.
>>
I was hoping the NES classic would do well so that the hipster retro collectors would jump ship to a shitty officially endorsed nintendo emulator box and thin out their ranks a bit.

We can only hope that more than 2 SNES mini's are produced when they inevitably launch
>>
Can anyone with a modded one of these do a full dump? Not a single person has publicly released a dump yet.
>>
File: totalrecall.jpg (35KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
totalrecall.jpg
35KB, 375x281px
Fuck it. My gf wanted one.
But fuck it.. I am gonna buy her an old wii and hack it,paint it and buy a third party controller for her.

Is ther still a good site/place for nintendo roms?
>>
>>3924525
You can actually buy an AVS with an everdrive or powerpack for less
>>
>>3924779
nigga how the fuck you know how to hack a wii and not how to google "NES Roms"
>>
>>3924779
>gf
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Good thing i bought two
Can't wait for the SNES version
>>
>>3922313
You can't plug in a controller that has a Home button on the Famicom Mini.
>>
>>3921597
Wasn't NES Classic entirely a ploy to milk scalpers and make them pour all their funds into stuff no one besides them wanted in the first place?
>>
>ywf
>you are ok with emulators
>you are ok with lcd graphics
>you are ok with playing nes games with dualshock
>>
>>3925159
Nintendo collectors are so bad that every one wants one not just the scalpers
>lemme get both versions of the NES
>both versions of the famicom
>both super famis
>both super nintendos
>all the colors of N64
>all the colors of gamecube
>every version of the gameboy
>basically every nintendo device ever
etc etc
>>
>>3925180
Ninty has to persuade them to extend their collecting habits to modern consoles and they'll be saved then.
>>
>>3924236
Again with that shit.

Dont believe him, that thread doesnt say ANYTHING about this, unless he posts the exact POST, he is fucking lying...
>>
>>3925159
This doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>3925224
The plan was to make scalpers exhaust their money on NES Classic, so there wouldn't have anything to scalp Switch with.
>>
>>3925220

Shhhhh I want to see the butthurt when they show off jack and shit at e3.
>>
File: 1491840893905.gif (2MB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491840893905.gif
2MB, 200x280px
>>3925232

> Nintendo's only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>3925251
They won't, they said E3 will be huge this year, unlike the last 2 years.
>>
>>3924779

Just break up with her, dude. She's already fat and she's only going to get fatter.
>>
File: image.png (386KB, 1308x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386KB, 1308x564px
>>3924779
>yfw live in Russia
>NES hardware clones with 2 pads and lightgun are still sold in toy stores for approx 15$
>silly westerners pay 200$ for one which doesn't even have cartridge slot
>>
>>3925425
That thing is pretty demented. Does the keyboard do anything, or is it just part of the aesthetic?
>>
>>3925431
Probably does nothing. But if you don't like it, you can buy the contents of this entire video for what you pay for NES Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThSONL335Y
>>
>>3925425

Made from old croatian tank parts.
>>
>>3925431
You will laugh, but it actually does.
Even mouse works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJspHcHTxco
>>
>>3925445
That thing is great. With the primitive word processor, spreadsheet, even BASIC interpreter, you could use it productively, in some bizarre end of the world scenario, where it was the only computer at hand. Even DOS? Thing is nuts.
>>
>>3923520
this
>>
>>3925260

It'll be more cow milking.
>>
File: IMG_3115.jpg (86KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3115.jpg
86KB, 1024x682px
>>3925472
that thing is pretty low on the spectrum compared to some of the others that even include floppy drives
>>
>>3925445
>has Mario 7 Grand Dad on it by default
This is the best thing I've ever seen. Good God.
>>3925439
kek
>>
>>3925506
https://youtu.be/nmvq3rAdjOc?t=73
>>
File: original-1.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
original-1.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>3925490
>>3925472
What about the Subor?
>>
>>3921867
Which you can only play for like a month.
>>
>>3922003
Is not that they hate money, is more that they hate stepping out of their Japanese business practices.
>>
File: sb2000.jpg (92KB, 768x726px) Image search: [Google]
sb2000.jpg
92KB, 768x726px
>>3925490
>>
>>3925589
The one that Jackie's holding?
>>
>>3922964
Actually it does "mean shit" and you're retarded.

The IDEA that your simplified common sense approach is better than a company worth billions of dollars and that you know better. It's not, it's really, really just not.

> omg Nintendo is so retarded

No they're not, you are.
>>
>>3925679
Why is the Nintendo fanbase so cult-like? Like as obnoxious as Sony fanboys are they never come anywhere NEAR to how zealous Nintendo fanboys are.
>>
>>3925740
>>>/v/
>>
File: total success.jpg (165KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
total success.jpg
165KB, 800x600px
>>3921921
>companies never make mistakes
>>
File: 1200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg (148KB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg
148KB, 1200x1525px
>>3925876
Yes indeed, fellow-anon!
>>
>>3921597
It's not like it was a really huge success,it was successful but it's not like they are printing money like OG Game Boy.SNES Classic Edition,Holiday 2017.
>>
File: 1479494628786.jpg (146KB, 800x790px) Image search: [Google]
1479494628786.jpg
146KB, 800x790px
>>3921597
Who cares the console was a joke to begin with. It's not like I wanted one anyway.
>>
>>3924656
this, wth. it's been months and no ones posted its files yet.
>>
>>3921629
>selling it at a loss.

Selling 30 year old software (that had made back it's money each time they recycle it onto each console, over the years and is now available for download) on cheap, Chinese style "many games in one!" Plastic, at $60.
That is not selling at a loss.

This is why gaming companies nickel and dime the fuck out of consumers nowadays, because they literally don't have to do a thing and still manipulate you.
>>
>>3921597
OP doesn't know how to emulate.

You are the reason scalpers exist.
>>
>>3921964
Gtfo namefag, I think it's safe to say 99% of this site hates namefags
>>
>>3922723
This is the containment board retard so b and v don't have to see us sperg out over 20 year old games
>>
>>3926556
Try being a little less hostile.
>>
>>3921597
I saw like 2 weeks ago, a pile of these at my local electronic store for 70€.
Should have bought them all... damn.
>>
>>3924982
Der Müller hat den kack auch gehabt? Verdammt...
>>
>>3926067
Not gonna happen until nintendo is done selling the switch
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.