[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>normalfags are willing to pay $400 (not even fucking joking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: JnTSGDe.jpg (863KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
JnTSGDe.jpg
863KB, 2560x1920px
>normalfags are willing to pay $400 (not even fucking joking or exaggerating, look up Drakon) to have someone solder (hotglue, kek) some wires so that they can play their NES in glorious 16:9 aspect ratio
>they then complain that something went wrong
if you've ever payed someone to mod something for you, then you deserve everything that you get
>>
>>3919891
I'm not sure what your point is. Some people just don't have the necessary fine motor control in their hands to solder microelectronics. And you need to learn how to use those tools too, I broke 1-2 consoles partially and 1 completely by the time I learned how to do it. And even after learning how to solder my own custom RGB cables, I'd rather just buy one online because it is a stupid fucking chore.

NES RGB upgrade is something else altogether, since it needs PPU replacement I think, or something like that. It's not just soldering a SPDT switch.

$400 for a Drakon hotglue job is over the line, but everyone agrees that that shit is a joke.

But you know what irks me more? People who install extra RCA or S-Video outputs, and then they connect them to the PCB with thin, unshielded cables.
>>
>>3919925

>install extra RCA or S-Video outputs, and then they connect them to the PCB with thin, unshielded cables

Wait, really? I know diy modders are mostly dipshits but seriously?

That's like using cellophane and rubber bands as a condom
>>
>not being crt master race
Fuck is wrong with people
>>
>>3919956

This. A lot of crts are free
>>
Why the fuck would you want to play NES in 16:9?
>>
I have a late-model, HD CRT which has an option to simply display in 16:9. It looks like fucking ass, but its an option. Dude should have gotten a TV that can do that.
>>
>>3919891
While we're on the subject of mods, is UD-CPS2 a worthwhile mod, by any chance? I don't know enough about electronics to build a supergun.
>>
>>3919925
>I broke 1-2 consoles partially and 1 completely
You're right. Some people don't have the necessary skills. lel
>>
File: icecub.jpg (26KB, 192x230px) Image search: [Google]
icecub.jpg
26KB, 192x230px
>>3919891
>"I'll hotglue everything so nothing will fuck up!"
>It still fucks up
>>
>>3919891
Who pissed in your Wheaties? I do all of my mod shit myself and advocate for others to learn too, but let's be honest. It can take years to really learn how to solder well.
>>
>>3920389
>>>>>>>>>>it takes years to learn to solder well
ABSOLUTE TOPkek
>>
>>3920389

>years to really learn how to solder well

You do understand that this isn't /v/eddit, right
>>
>>3919891
>le hot glue xDD

Fuck off with this shit meme who gives a crap if the console is ugly on the inside it still works you fucking turbo nerd and it's not like anyone but a mother fucking autist like you is gonna open up their god damn console and look inside to bitch about stupid shit NO ONE I REPEAT N O ON E on the internte cares about now frop[ dead fagl toi!
>>
Desoldering is the hardest part of soldering, especially when you have things with multiple pins.
>>
>>3920647
use a pump if you're new, but keep in mind that once you learn how to use it well, copper wick is better
>>
>>3919891
>payed

Also
>pay someone for a service
>they don't provide said service
>"you deserved it because you paid for it"
How's the farm doing this time of year?
>>
>>3920630
>paying $400 to get hotglue'd

I'm sorry mate.
>>
>>3919891
at least this fucker delivers the product
now lets talks about a scammer named bad ass consoles and his gcvideo mod 8 months and still nothing but excuses, the worst partis that the guy behind retrorgb justifices this shit

26:00 that level of ass kissing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AleCk06cU&t=2018s
>>
>>3920815
RetroRGB tells me not to be a dick, then calls someone an asshole for assuming beer was in a beer mug. Epic. TheZeroBlade my issue is that he is sitting on all of this hardware, which is already proven to work and the very thing people thought they were purchasing, and he is not moving orders at all. That is inexcusable. If he was actually progressing towards something (not something new, the mod people paid for months ago), that would be one thing and I think people could be patient about it. But that phase is over. It has been for a while. The flex cable problem is solved. He has GCVideo boards. He has a soldering iron and solder. He has a mail box. He could be having people ship in their consoles and making progress on the install queue, but he isn't. That is the problem. If there was another game in town for GCVideo installs, believe me, I would have gotten my money back already and moved on. But like I said, aside from his business management skills and some decisions he is making, I have no other issues with Mega. He's not a bad guy, he's just bad at running a business and probably got in over his head. He needs someone (like his wife maybe?) to manage communication and to help move orders along. At this point, I should not have to wait for a new product to go through R&D and then parts to be manufactured from a 3rd party when it has nothing to do with my specific order and he has what he needs in stock to perform installs. As someone else pointed out, if you bring up GCVideo on his Twitch stream you will either be ignored or be treated poorly about it, which does not help him or his customers.
>>
>>3920630
The issue is if it doesn't work and you can't do fuck all about it because some spacker covered everything in glue.
>>
>>3920772

>payght

fix'd
>>
>>3919891
While this isn't controversial anymore, the whole Drakon hot-glue jizz mods was a big thing on retro-gaming forums before /vr/ was created. Even phonedork had a Drakon top-loader at one point and talked about his shoddy work and shady business practices. I don't think anyone has commissioned Drakon in years.
>>
>>3919925
>But you know what irks me more? People who install extra RCA or S-Video outputs, and then they connect them to the PCB with thin, unshielded cables.

What is the proper way to shield internal video cables? How thick does their insulation need to be?
>>
What kind of 16:9 are we talking about here?
>>
>>3920772
There's nothing wrong with being a man of the soil.
>>
>>3920579
>>3920592
Did you really need to double post there?

It's not hard to learn good technique but to truly be good at soldering, it takes time. I'm not sure what's so laughable about saying that it takes time to truly excel at a skill.
>>
>so that they can play their NES in glorious 16:9 aspect ratio
w-what? why? You can force 16:9 stretch with pretty much any modern televison. If it's for actual native 16:9, then I'm also confused. That obviously isn't supported by any NES game, so I imagine this could only be useful for homebrew and a widescreen romhack (which I don't think exists for NES games?). Seriously, why? WHY?
>>
>>3922113
It's fucking bizarre the things normie hipsters spend money on. Especially when you consider for $400 you could get an NES, SNES, N64, Everdrives for each, and a good CRT. My theory is these people are either incredibly rich or incredibly in debt.
>>
>>3922149
>for $400 you could get an NES, SNES, N64, Everdrives for each

Not really, no. It's not 2005 anymore.
>>
>>3922169
you totally could tho
>>
>>3922169
You can pretty easily find those systems for around $60 each with a bit of searching, so that's $180.

Chinese flashcarts average around $70, so that's $210.

People are literally giving good CRTs away these days. That's $0.

$180 + $210 + $0 = $390

So yes, you can.
>>
>>3922182
>Chinese flashcarts
Not even once.
>>
>>3922186
>he fell for the Krikzz Seal of Quality meme
>>
>>3922186
>not getting Chinese flashcarts
You're fucking dumb.
>>
File: q9gOaqL.png (30KB, 110x144px) Image search: [Google]
q9gOaqL.png
30KB, 110x144px
>>3922186
>>
>>3922186
Have three of them and didn't have any problem yet
>>
>>3919925
>Some people just don't have the necessary fine motor control in their hands to solder microelectronics
Then those people should be put on the front lines of the oncoming war and/or sterilized.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.