[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say... a genie tells you to pick 5 games to save.. and every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: frog2.jpg (250KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
frog2.jpg
250KB, 1240x1754px
Say... a genie tells you to pick 5 games to save.. and every other videogame that existed is erased from existance and everyone's memory but yours.

which games would u save and why? would u keep your favourites, or good representatives of each genre? perhaps one of each console to save said consoles?
>>
File: bmc.png (151KB, 285x294px) Image search: [Google]
bmc.png
151KB, 285x294px
>>
>>3918418
I would only keep terrible video games so the genre dies.
>>
>>3918418

Leisure Suit Larry 1-5
>>
>>3918445
You'll have one left
>>
FIFA 17
FIFA 16
FIFA 15
FIFA 14
FIFA 13
>>
>>3918418
I'd ask the genie why he's wasting his powers on such a boring thing when there are so many better ways to fuck with people.
>>
>>3918552
okay, then the genie vanishes your dick and your fingers for being a douche
>>
>>3918578
I didn't make a wish for that to ironically happen. What kind of fucking genie is this?
>>
>>3918578
i still have a tongue nigger
>>
>>3918418
I open up a bottle and tell the genie the video games are inside it, then when he's in there I screw the cap on and draw the Seal of Solomon on the lid so he can't get out. You're welcome, everybody.
>>
>>3918578
>save all the games and become a super hot gamur gurl with awesome robot fingers

win/win/win
>>
>>3918418
chaos seed is the only game we need
>>
I'd keep:

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

Metal gear solid (twin snakes version from gcn)

Grand theft auto San Andreas

Battlefield 2

Super Smash Bros Melee

don't @ me
>>
>>3918418
1. Super Smash Bros Brawl
>Countless Modding Options
>Can be crafted into pretty much any kind of fighting game.
>"Masterpieces" Include older games that run on a built in emulator, saving even more games. Plus with a gecko code, the time limit can be removed allowing a normal play through, just no saves allowed.

2. Team Fortress 2
>My personal favorite FPS game
>Many people have over 500+ hours on this game
>countless maps and countless mods

3. Runescape
>Longest lasting MMO
>Massive World

4. Grand Theft Auto San: Andreas
>Hours of content comprised of well made mini-games, story, and free roam shenanigans
>Mods.

5. Minecraft
>Can Literally build anything within a 20,000,000 x 256 x 20,000,000 meter prism.
>Great for single player, better with multiplayer (Just make sure autistic 12 year olds are not the only ones playing)
>Mods can be used to enhance or completely transform the game into something new.
>>
>>3918514
Pick these, then go "re"-make the classics and become a zillionaire.
>>
Starsiege tribes is the only fps or mmorpg anyone needs.

La mulana remake for puzzles and adventure

Zelda 2 for platforming

Someone else can pick a fighting game and shooter, I think they should be represented but i can't into them.
>>
>>3918418
>and by genie i mean underage shitposter who drops a turd like this in /vr/ on a regular basis
>>
>>3918826
Y-you aren't even 18 are you?
>>
>>3918793
>Metal gear solid (twin snakes version from gcn)
You are not better than >>3918514
>>
File: Best eyecatch.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Best eyecatch.webm
3MB, 640x480px
I'll put in mine while I'm in this thread

Panzer Dragoon
Super Mario 64
Puyo puyo
Metal slug 3
Space channel 5

This would be a mix of my favorites and games I think would be a good basis for a reset.
>>
>>3918879
No, I am 18. I just picked games that had a huge replay value. Its just coincidence that they aren't that old.
>>
Final Fantasy 8
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Dark Souls 2: SOTFS
Max Payne
Madden 25
>>
LoZ
Zelda II
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time

The tale has to be told of how we got to the greatest game of all time. You can't have the New Testament without the Old.
>>
>>3919392
I've never played a Zelda game from start to finish.

I have more play time as Link on Smash Bros 64 than all of the standalone Zelda titles combined.
>>
>>3919394
I've played and replayed most Zeldas and still have much more playtime as Link in SSB, not even a comparison. The opposite should only be true either for someone disliking that specific character in Smash or autistic OoT speedrunners
>>
>>3919394
You are missing out then friendo. Finest quality entertainment money can buy. I would give up all my material possessions for life, for any of those except Link's Awakening if they were the only copies left. Link's Awakening I wouldn't because it's the game that got me into video games and so I know it too well. I can't overlook familiarity that enough to ever enjoy it as much as the others. Also, it's the first and only linear Zelda out of those 5.
>>
>>3919404
He said Smash 64 though, which is to say he must not have played Zelda much since there's not a whole of content in that SSB.
>>
File: 2600_chase_chuck_wagon.jpg (102KB, 494x662px) Image search: [Google]
2600_chase_chuck_wagon.jpg
102KB, 494x662px
This is the only game I'll save.
>>
>>3918418

Mgs3

Tes daggerfall

Tes morrowind

Tes oblivion

Fallout new Vegas.
>>
>>3919696
Jeez, cut the filler.

Keep Morrowind, Vegas, and MGS3, but damn get some variety.
>>
>>3918418
Super Mario Bros
Age of Empires 2
Fable
Def Jam
Starcraft
>>
File: 1486322665075.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1486322665075.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>3918826
>>
SegaSonic Popcorn Shop
Shrek Treasure Hunt
Idol-Mahjong Final Romance
Sneak King
Bow-wow Puppy Love Story
>>
>>3918418
Resident evil 2, final fantasy vii, super metroid, super mario 3, doom.

If i realy need to explain myself here, then there's no hope left.
>>
>>3918418
Smw + all stars
6 pak
Soul calibur
Crazy taxi
Super mario kart
>>
>>3919698

mgs3
Daggerfall
Zombies ate my neighbors
Elite frontier
New vegas
>>
>>3920257
Nice list, makes me rethink mine, again.
>>
File: 1446079113314.webm (680KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446079113314.webm
680KB, 960x720px
>>3918826
>>
>>3918418
>a genie tells you to pick 5 games to save

Not understanding how genies work.
>>
>>3921802
Its not bait. I just have diffrent tasests. Plus I based my list on:
1. How much content is there
2. How many hours can a person spend on it
3. Can the game be modded or have a very interactive multiplayer.

If I wherent limited to 5 titles then titles such as: F-zero GX, Spyro 2, Chrono Trigger, Half-Life 2, FE 13, Crash 3, and TH8 would have made the list.
>>
>>3921821
LMAO LE BAIT BRO U BAITED ME HARD XDXDXDXDXDXD!!!!11!!!! OMG SUCH BAIT LOL WOW HOLY MOLY WE GOT A MASTER BAITER IN HERE HAHAHAHA WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY HE'LL BAIT YOU REAL GOOD
>>
Xenoblade
Twewy
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mother 3
Melee or Brawl, I like both equally for different reasons.
>>
>>3922078
Why even browse /vr/?
>>
>>3918826
team fortress classic is way better than that furfaggot simulator tf2, what the fuck is with furries and tf2 anyway
>>
>>3922085
Because I still like playing and talking about retro shit?
>>
>>3922078
Xenoblade, mah nig.

But all those other choices are bad, and I actually like Kid Icarus Uprising
>>
>>3922087
Honestly I don't know. But it seems like furries infect them selves everywhere you go.

I haven't seen too many of them on TF2.
>>
>>3918664
The genie recognizes this as a lame trick and makes it so you actually have 7 dicks.

Randomly placed in areas that you can't easily conceal in public.
>>
>>3918418
>keep your favorites
>or good representatives of each genre

The latter sounds pretty pointless, especially considering I'm the only one who can even remember these games. Why wouldn't I pick my favorites, either way?
>>
Final Fantasy V
Sonic 2 Long Version
Megaman X3 PSx version
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Saturn version
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
>>
...not a single fucking mention of earthbound...you people are disgusting...probably one of the best fucking games ever fucking made, story, graphics, atmosphere...the true turning point of the genre of rpgs.

Id save earthbound and golden eye(n64) aswell as halo and q2...most everything else is like those games anyways.
>>
>>3921819
It's magic. Genies can do what they want.
>>
File: tails_sammich.jpg (247KB, 513x578px) Image search: [Google]
tails_sammich.jpg
247KB, 513x578px
>>3926128
> concentrated underage
The post.
>>
>>3918418
Final Fantasy
Castlevania 3
Contra

Unsure about the rest
I would love to see how games would evolve again frome that point. And I could probably make my own games based in other successful games I remember and get rich.
>>
>>3926128
MOTHER is the superior game, and more worth saving.
>>
I'd probably smite that genie fucker with my zweihander, I don't need to take shit from Muslim ghost assholes with no legs.
>>
>>3918793
not retro, and also what the fuck
>>
>>3922916
I get them all surgically reconstructed into vaginas.

Whose the smart one now genie?
>>
>>3928746
>whose
clearly not you anon
>>
>>3918418
Nethack
Ecco the Dolphin
King of Fighters '98
Puyo Pyuo
Tribes

What a glorious world we would live in.
>>
>>3928738
Final Fantasy 1??!?!!?
>>
Gabriel Knight 1
Day of The Tentacle
F-Zero GX
Super Mario Galaxy
Ultima VI

I just want those to be the games that inspire the next generation of games.

Rate my taste?
>>
>>3918418
>Say... a genie tells you to pick 5 games to save.. and every other videogame that existed is erased from existance and everyone's memory but yours.
>
>which games would u save and why? would u keep your favourites, or good representatives of each genre? perhaps one of each console to save said consoles?

1.) Diablo 2
By having only 5 games left many people would play D2 again. Also it would be improved by Blizzard gets new sets, runewords, anticheat

2.) Ocarina of Time
Everyone shouldve played this also its muh childhood.

3.) DKC2
Its the game i can play for 20 years without getting bored. It looks great feels great and has a kick ass soundtrack.

4.) Morrowind / Daggerfall
Nice Lore many hours to invest also modding keeps it fresh.

5.) Quake / UT / CS
one of these for competetive play.

I will miss Starcraft maybe would replace it with Morrowind..
>>
>>3932845
New games could then be made, I would imagine. OP said nothing about new games.
>>
LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, DKC2, Resident Evil 4 and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.