[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no posts since 2015 >could easily be living the easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: aeon genesis.png (526KB, 806x964px) Image search: [Google]
aeon genesis.png
526KB, 806x964px
>no posts since 2015
>could easily be living the easy life of patreon by now

What happened?

https://agtp.romhack.net/
>>
>>3918015
>What happened?

No idea. I've never posted there. But Gideon is kind of a hack. Although he's produced a lot of stuff, the quality of his work really isn't that great, and most of it involves collaborative efforts that are something like 20% Gideon and 80% translators or other third parties. He readily takes credit and donations for other peoples' contributions, however.
>>
Daiz
>>
>>3918015
Aeon Genesis is pretty notorious for taking forever to make any progress so I wouldn't be too worried. Hell I've been waiting over a decade on SRW Alpha now.
>>
>>3918357
>>3918042

If he went with a patreon model, he could do this full time and speed things up.
>>
>>3918659
>If he went with a patreon model, he could do this full time and speed things up.

No it wouldn't, it'll be worse. He would drop off twitter and just collect easy money.
>>
File: 34-863.png (165KB, 400x300px)
34-863.png
165KB, 400x300px
>>3918357
I'm waiting for SMT If... and Lady Stalker on SFC. There's no news about them as well. The latter got a preview 5 years ago but that's about it.
https://youtu.be/WniWlthlX6g
>>
File: Desaprobacion (3).jpg (13KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
Desaprobacion (3).jpg
13KB, 235x235px
I'm actually scared of reminding him his site on Twitter because I feel kinda bad when I ask people about their stuff.
Maybe he's super busy or just doesn't want people pressuring him.
No matter what I do, I lose either way.
>>
he's still active on romhacking forums too
>>
>>3918669

The monthly patreon model is bad. A per hack model is MUCH better.
>>
File: 1310571143738.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px)
1310571143738.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>3918357
I remember when I was enthusiastic about SRW Alpha translation. I remember.
>>
>>3918739
yeah but that would require him to work for the money and would defeat the purpose of having a patreon.
>>
Eh, I can't blame them for not wanting to go down the crowdfunding rabbit-hole. They started as a team putting together translations in their spare time, if they want to keep it that way so be it. Niggas probably have families and real jobs.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 640x1136px)
image.png
90KB, 640x1136px
What ever happened to this madman
>>
>>3918015
gideon is a fucking idiot right now and also deluding himself in hwo much is work cost

Quote from: Kallisto on March 24, 2017, 04:23:55 am

Leplace no Ma (SNES - Aeon Genesis)
-Technically this is actually finished, but has bugs, so if anyone is willing to help debug Aeon's project then I would ask him.

Majin Tensei (SNES - MrRichard999)
-Either this or Aeon's version of the game, I would ask either author to see if someone is willing to help out with it.

Help is not needed on either of these. The only help anyone could really provide would involve paying my bills for the remaining duration of the projects and a steady job at the end of it. Just because you don't know what's going on doesn't mean nothing's going on. Same goes for Granhistoria.
>>
>>3918015
check this, no translation of a video game, movie ,etc cost $60000 hahaha!

Also, how much would it cost to commission a translation for one of these games?

I'll do one of them for $60,000 plus expenses. You'll have it within a year. And trust me, that's cheap for something like this. Producing high-quality localization work without any source code is an extremely difficult and time consuming task. Most people don't really understand the amount of work that goes into something like this, and frankly, the fact that any of us have been doing this for any amount of time without requiring any monetary recompense is nothing short of a literal miracle. Please don't misunderstand; I'm not trying to be mean here! I'd just like to impart a little perspective.
>>
>>3920440

This. I've even seen other people turn around and translate some of these games for themselves because Gideon keeps putting projects on hiatus, and ignores anyone who volunteers to finish up the work for him.

>>3920196
No one needs to be funded to produce a ROM hack. It's just senseless e-begging.

>probably have families and real jobs
Then he shouldn't take on dozens of projects at once if they're just going to rot in limbo forever.
>>
>>3920453
Sure, if you consider him an engineer and an engineer-like salary. But wouldn't straight up paying cause copyright issues?
>>
How high is the bar set for AG's translations? Live-A-Live seemed to be pretty accurate, but what about their other games?
>>
>>3921940
>How high is the bar set for AG's translations?

The translations are provided by other parties. Gideon doesn't speak a word of Japanese. So it depends on whatever translator volunteers to do it for him.

Eien ni Hen seems to be the only accurate translator in the scene. She's worked with Gideon before, and other groups as well. No idea how active she is at the moment.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.