[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, 33-year-old whose childhood was curiously absent of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1466530014223.jpg (19KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1466530014223.jpg
19KB, 256x256px
>be me, 33-year-old whose childhood was curiously absent of any Mega Man games
>remember that time when I was a teenager and one of my friends brought home X6, and we all took turns playing it
>actually enjoyed the game; became slightly curious about the series overall as a result, but didn't have the funds to pursue a Mega Man collection back then
>years later, find out that X6 is reputedly the worst game in the series

Since I have such a weak understanding of the Mega Man franchise, exactly what was so bad about this game? Bear in mind, X6 is my only exposure to the series, so I don't have any kind of reference level here.
>>
It's not abysmal but it's kinda sloppily made and very strange. The overall quality is below X4 and X5, and it was released after the intended conclusion to the X series. The producer of those two games wasn't involved.
>little enemy variety, including bosses (red donuts, DNA blobs etc)
>you can rescue NPCs for bonuses, but they can die permanently before you get to them
>Zero pops out of a cake at some point because he "died" in X5, but then this game came out
>Alia's warning prompts every other screen
>>
>>3917137
>The overall quality is below X4 and X5, and it was released after the intended conclusion to the X series. The producer of those two games wasn't involved.
X5 and X6 were a new team after X4. X4 was the last game Inafune had involvement with, if that's who you're referring to. It's why X5 has some odd new annoyances like Alia bothering you all the time or a timer to complete the game and RNG being able to decide your ending. X6 was probably just rushed out earlier than the development team probably intended by Capcom.
>>
>>3917102
Kinda what the anons said.

This game was made without Inafune giving the green light, was born just out of greed and it shows because it has some really weird and bad design choices compared to the other games.
It's something you just grasp as you play through the franchise.
>>
Just play the first X game and then make your way to X6 and you will be able to judge the series for yourself.
>>
>>3917102
I'll add some the other anons didn't mention:

The localization is extra bad here. Megaman script translations are nowhere near Shakespeare, but there's a LOT of instances where they just didn't give a shit. One big one was the fact that the Japanese voiceovers were actually left in. There's weird sentences like some of the shit Isoc and High Max say. They also somehow couldn't fit the handy mini-input guides that show up in Zero's weapon screen, so those were dumped.

And then there's the fact that some armors are just impossible to complete the game with. There's a pattern in Scaravich's stage that is impossible to clear without an Air Dash, meaning unarmored X CANNOT clear that section if it comes up. RIP any reploids that may nearby. And then there's the jank that is Gate Fortress 2, which may allow you to proceed only so far if you're REALLY good with dash jumps, but High Max kills any progress due to not having access to charged special weapons.

My personal favorite though was that Sentsuizan was mapped to Up+Square. Were you trying to grab a rope and need to attack? RIP. Lord knows why the UNCANCELLABLE falling slash attack is mapped to the same buttons you'd use to grab a rope and attack.
>>
>>3917102
Overall the game is not bad, in fact is one of the most enjoyables in the series, however, the X series was supposed to end with X5 (and boy did it end well) so making X6 felt kinda wrong (specially because the story is just medicore at best)

but mechanically, the game is a jewel music is awesome (Commander Yammark, Infinity Mijinion, Blaze Heatnix, etc).

so yeah, in short, it's a game nobody asked for.

btw the worst in the series is X7
>>
>>3917519
Do this
>>
>>3917102
>be me

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1437370287238.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1437370287238.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>3917102
>didn't have the funds to pursue a Mega Man collection
>>
>>3920475
Yikes. I'd bet 10k I'm better at any megaman game than this man.
>>
I love X6 myself. To me it's X5 that's the worst.
>>
>>3917137
>it was released after the intended conclusion to the X series

Stop parroting this bullshit
>>
>>3917554
>Sentsuizan was mapped to Up+Square

I wish there was a MMX6 ROM hack that'd fix that...
>>
>>3921005
It's true though, so no.
>>
>>3920481
I don't know, there are a few pretty obscure Mega Man games. Assuming he's played them, God knows he has them, you might just lose that bet.
>>
>>3917554
So I'm not the only one who was frustrated by the Up+Square move every time you play through as Zero. Fuck knows how many times I've died because of Sentsuizan.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.